Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 97
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Seemingly random dimming-undimming (flashes dim and kb backlight turns off for a split-second and goes back to normal)
    I have this problem too, it is very annoying. The screen doesn't turn completely off, though, just gets dim and then bright again randomly, whether or not the ambient lighting has changed.

    There was a patch for 2.2.3 called "disable light sensitive dimming" which I installed, but it did nothing. I hope someone who knows how to make patches can one day update this.

    I haven't noticed any other problems so far, though. The sleep problem I was having with 2.2.1 (sporadically, not all the time) seems to be gone -- so my battery is not being used so much when the screen is off -- although I've only had 2.2.4 for a few days, so we'll see if that continues.
  2. #42  
    I've been following a different thread but covering much of the same material. See "Things that have changed on WebOS2.2.4". The URL is Things that have changed on WebOS2.2.4. A lot of the same issues are cropping up there too.

    Here's what I posted, so that these issues can be properly tracked.

    - All my pictures linked to contacts disappeared. I have an MS Exchange account which is where all my contacts are stored and many of my contacts have pictures which used to come up on my phone when I received/made a call. Now they've all vanished!!! Fortunately, by removing the Exchange Account and adding it back in again brought them back!!

    - Occasionally when making a call I want to withold the number. To do this on Vodafone I simply prefix the number with #31#. This worked fine before the update. The full number dialed, including the #31# was stored in the call history, so when I hit redial, the number continued to be witheld. Now, however, the #31# seems to be stripped away and only the number stored in the redial list. Hence, when I hit redial, the number is not witheld - that's a real pain. Why do such simple and useful features suddenly stop working on updates?

    - My Wifi seems to randomly disconnect from my home network and then sometimes the only way of getting it to reconnect is to turn the wifi off and on again.

    Richard
  3. anthonb's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #43  
    Is there a way to stop the phone from updating? I'm still on 2.1.0 but the message of the new update keeps popping up. Is there anyway to stop it besides ignoring it?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    Is there a way to stop the phone from updating? I'm still on 2.1.0 but the message of the new update keeps popping up. Is there anyway to stop it besides ignoring it?
    This works:
    Skip update to 2.2.4. I want to keep 2.1
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    Is there a way to stop the phone from updating? I'm still on 2.1.0 but the message of the new update keeps popping up. Is there anyway to stop it besides ignoring it?
    Turn off WIFI and Data whenever it's charging while you're not watching it? I believe that the update will only install automatically while the phone is charging. I kept saying "install later" on mine, and then one night while I slept it updated itself anyway (it was on the touchstone).

    Although I have to say, my worries about updating ended up being unfounded. The update has fixed most of the issues I was having with 2.1 (such as not sleeping when the screen was shut off and therefore draining the battery, randomly refusing to use my own ringtone and alarm tones, etc). The only issue I have now is the auto-dim is overly aggressive, and no one has updated the "disable light sensitive dimming" patch for 2.4 yet. Oh, and messaging is still laggy, but it's not worse than it was before.
  6. #46  
    Here's my "issues": about 12 hours after installing 2.2.4, the phone can no longer see my AT&T microcell, when I attempt to dial and hit the green phone icon, it flashes yellow-green and will not dial. Will not dial from any contacts. Doctored twice. Each time, it reverted to the old OS. Am I gonna return to the new one? Not a chance!
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebasso View Post
    Text corrector doesn't work anymore.

    IF wifi is set to be deactivated onsleep, when it wake from sleepmode it doesn't reconnect and you have to go back to wifi prefs to reconnect.
    Same problem here!!! Damn it!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

    Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Same problem here!!! Damn it!!!
    I didn't even know there WAS a sleep setting for wifi! Was it there in version 2.1 also? I have never set it to be deactivated when the phone sleeps (obviously), but with it set to stay on I have still had no issues with battery drain when the phone is sleeping since the 2.4 update.
    When I turn the screen on since the update, with wifi on, Battery Monitor says the battery has been using 6 or 7 mA, as opposed to more than 100 when I still had 2.1.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I have wi-fi not to sleep, but I think I saw that a couple of times that it was disconnected after some time when idle. I'll have to observe it more to be sure. Anyone else?
    It connects though without having to turn on and off.
    I had that issue since 2.1.
  10. #50  
    ...zoom in. [for the one with the problem with the web text being unreadable~too small]...make it bigger.
    Last edited by azdesertrose77; 01/04/2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: no reference lol
  11. #51  
    Website text is way smaller
    And zooming in like azdesertrose77 suggested is not a solution, if you're reading a full page of text you would have to be moving back and forth the screen (left, right, left, right) that's way too anoying.
    By the way the text on the phone app is smaller too, but that's not a problem.

    The web browser frezzes sometimes, becomes gray out and the "loading circle" appears
    When that happens it affects all the web browser windows and it takes a while for all of them to load back up.
    Too Many Cards message: I never used to get this message and I could have over 20 cards open. Now I happens having as few as 2 cards, and it always shows up when using the web browser.
    Phone is slower: it takes longer to open apps, takes longer to refresh the call history on the phone app, it still frezzes when I get/send SMS only now for more seconds. I was really hopping this update was going to fix this last issue, instead it made it worst.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakaane View Post
    The update wiped out my Pre2's browser cookies, so I had to sign in again at a bunch of websites I frequent with my phone.

    I have been able to log in at all of them except one. That last website now puts me into a never-ending login loop. I never had this problem before the update. I've tried dumping the browser's cache, browsing history, and cookies multiple times and still no luck.

    I'm also experiencing an intermittent lack of the screen being locked. Sometimes I have to swipe up, but often I don't.

    Any luck with this? I can't check my work schedule, cuz it keeps telling me i need to log in. It's starting to get annoying!
  13. #53  
    No luck getting into that one website. The site uses Javascript so I tried turning that off, then back on again. I've wiped cookies multiple times, cache multiple times. Nothing.

    The funny thing is, the login covers several different areas of the same website (mail, broadcasts (similar to Twitter), forum, etc). If I log in at the usual location, the page refreshes and asks me to log in again. Doesn't tell me that my username or password was wrong, just gives the login prompt again, so it's like I'm always looking at an old cached page. I'm also prompted to log in on every other page on that website...*except* the forums. On the forums I'm always successfully logged in. If I use the logout link on the forums and then log in again, I'm logged in again at the forums but nowhere else, so it's like the cookie is no longer being applied to any other part of the website.

    I don't get it, since I navigated all areas of this website perfectly well before the 2.2.4 update. I can access this same website just fine from multiple computers with current browsers so I have to conclude that 2.2.4 broke something in the phone's browser that makes it hate this one particular site. It's a huge pain for me because it's the one website I really need to be able to check on the go.


    I also want to chime in with everyone else saying their SMS is very laggy now. I can instantly tell if I'm getting a text message because the phone locks up, and it takes about five or ten seconds to send anything out. This is especially annoying if I'm typing out something else like an email, because suddenly I'm missing about half a sentence.

    Screen animations are choppy too. The phone performs poorly now, simply as if it doesn't have the same amount of CPU available anymore. Something is eating up all the resources.

    If my Messaging card is sitting active in a particular conversation and the screen goes to sleep or the phone is on the touchstone in exhibition mode, and then I receive a new message from that contact or any other contact, I receive no notification of it. The Messaging card has to be recessed to the desktop or dismissed entirely for new notifications to appear. This also occasionally happens with new emails if the email card is the one in focus when the email arrives. However, if the screen is still "on", then notifications come through.

    I've also noticed the screen touch sensitivity seems to have taken a nosedive. For example, if I'm trying to swipe a notification away from the bottom of the screen, I end up looking at the Applications card instead, as if I swiped up instead of to the right. Or if I'm trying to turn my Data setting on or off, the toggle switch refuses to slide over. Or if I'm trying to scroll a card, sometimes nothing happens at all. This behavior never happened before the update.

    I also have the blurred out graphic error on the main screen. I've noticed several other graphical glitches, most specifically where the Preferences card has subsections with rounded corners. The corners have chunks missing out of them, so the curves aren't smooth. I'd grab a screenshot but can't seem to get that to work.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakaane View Post
    No luck getting into that one website. The site uses Javascript so I tried turning that off, then back on again. I've wiped cookies multiple times, cache multiple times. Nothing.

    The funny thing is, the login covers several different areas of the same website (mail, broadcasts (similar to Twitter), forum, etc). If I log in at the usual location, the page refreshes and asks me to log in again. Doesn't tell me that my username or password was wrong, just gives the login prompt again, so it's like I'm always looking at an old cached page. I'm also prompted to log in on every other page on that website...*except* the forums. On the forums I'm always successfully logged in. If I use the logout link on the forums and then log in again, I'm logged in again at the forums but nowhere else, so it's like the cookie is no longer being applied to any other part of the website.

    I don't get it, since I navigated all areas of this website perfectly well before the 2.2.4 update. I can access this same website just fine from multiple computers with current browsers so I have to conclude that 2.2.4 broke something in the phone's browser that makes it hate this one particular site. It's a huge pain for me because it's the one website I really need to be able to check on the go.


    I also want to chime in with everyone else saying their SMS is very laggy now. I can instantly tell if I'm getting a text message because the phone locks up, and it takes about five or ten seconds to send anything out. This is especially annoying if I'm typing out something else like an email, because suddenly I'm missing about half a sentence.

    Screen animations are choppy too. The phone performs poorly now, simply as if it doesn't have the same amount of CPU available anymore. Something is eating up all the resources.

    If my Messaging card is sitting active in a particular conversation and the screen goes to sleep or the phone is on the touchstone in exhibition mode, and then I receive a new message from that contact or any other contact, I receive no notification of it. The Messaging card has to be recessed to the desktop or dismissed entirely for new notifications to appear. This also occasionally happens with new emails if the email card is the one in focus when the email arrives. However, if the screen is still "on", then notifications come through.

    I've also noticed the screen touch sensitivity seems to have taken a nosedive. For example, if I'm trying to swipe a notification away from the bottom of the screen, I end up looking at the Applications card instead, as if I swiped up instead of to the right. Or if I'm trying to turn my Data setting on or off, the toggle switch refuses to slide over. Or if I'm trying to scroll a card, sometimes nothing happens at all. This behavior never happened before the update.

    I also have the blurred out graphic error on the main screen. I've noticed several other graphical glitches, most specifically where the Preferences card has subsections with rounded corners. The corners have chunks missing out of them, so the curves aren't smooth. I'd grab a screenshot but can't seem to get that to work.
    I found a work around for me. It seems like the cookies or what not doesn't transfer to a new card, so the new card doesn't know that you are logged into that site and re-asks you to log in. What i did was take the URL that is in the new card, then went back to the original card and dropped the URL in the address bar, it now lets me see my work schedule. Wonder if anyone else that is smarter than me can figure out with the problem is and make a patch.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    I found a work around for me. It seems like the cookies or what not doesn't transfer to a new card, so the new card doesn't know that you are logged into that site and re-asks you to log in. What i did was take the URL that is in the new card, then went back to the original card and dropped the URL in the address bar, it now lets me see my work schedule. Wonder if anyone else that is smarter than me can figure out with the problem is and make a patch.
    This wouldn't work for me. I'm getting the login loop on the same card. I can type the address for the website in manually and still end up in the loop.
  16. #56  
    I don't know if this was an issue before, but I don't think so.. I deleted the newest message in an SMS conversation, and the conversation list still shows that message, even though if you open the conversation, that message is gone. The conversation in the database must not be getting updated when you delete the newest message in a conversation. It updates fine when a new message comes in. Rebooting just now to see if it updates. I think I have already done that though, so I doubt it.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't know if this was an issue before, but I don't think so.. I deleted the newest message in an SMS conversation, and the conversation list still shows that message, even though if you open the conversation, that message is gone. The conversation in the database must not be getting updated when you delete the newest message in a conversation. It updates fine when a new message comes in. Rebooting just now to see if it updates. I think I have already done that though, so I doubt it.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    This sometimes used to happen to me in 2.2.1, also. Also, if a primary contact name is changed after a conversation has started, it continues showing in the message list with the old name, even when in the conversation itself, it shows the new, correct name. This has not been fixed with 2.2.4. I assume I'd have to delete the entire conversation for it to start showing with the correct name in the message list.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    This sometimes used to happen to me in 2.2.1, also. Also, if a primary contact name is changed after a conversation has started, it continues showing in the message list with the old name, even when in the conversation itself, it shows the new, correct name. This has not been fixed with 2.2.4. I assume I'd have to delete the entire conversation for it to start showing with the correct name in the message list.
    Ok.. my Pre2 went from 2.1 to 2.2.4, so I wasn't sure. Heck as little as I text on it, it could have been a problem on 2.1 - guess I should check out that thread.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Ok.. my Pre2 went from 2.1 to 2.2.4, so I wasn't sure. Heck as little as I text on it, it could have been a problem on 2.1 - guess I should check out that thread.
    I don't know WHAT I was saying. I meant 2.1. Where did I get 2.2.1 from?? Hahaha... I have no idea why I typed that, or how I managed to not even notice until you replied. Sorry about that. I meant that this used to happen to me in 2.1, also. I need to learn to not reply to forum messages just after I wake up.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Was it there in version 2.1 also?
    yea, I'm pretty sure it was there
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions