Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post
    In particular all the battery as percent patches are gone, english replace 'just type with...' are also missing.
    Have you tried installing Tweaks from Preware? Along with Battery monitor - works for me.
    I have the text problem, the freezing and resets but also the phone is just so slow. It can't even properly run Angry Birds! Sometimes the launcher doesn't work. Sometimes Just Type doesn't work. Also, where is this Skype software? At first I thought there would be an app, but I then I figured maybe the functionality was accessible through the Contacts like it is with the Touchpad. When I checked the contacts no Skype addresses are there. Where the heck is it? I did send texts from the Toughpad using the Pre 2's bluetooth, that was pretty nice.
    On lot of website text is written tinyer than in 2.1. Even in landscape it is too small! The phone became useless!! Crap HP! Can't thez test before update?!
    Well, I ran the doctor on my phone because it was preforming so poorly and after 3 trys its now bricked and I'm ****ed.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m477 View Post
    I have noticed that the dock seems blurred in the middle:
    asd.png (under the red line)
    It's just mine?
    Nope, I have it too. But funny enough, mine looks slightly different than yours. Even funnier still is that I took a screen shot to show you, and when I loaded it on my computer the launcher bar looks fine! How odd. Here's the screenshot anyway:

http://i.imgur.com/ipQlq.png
    Hello,

I can confirm the WiFi not reconnecting problem. I have to turn WiFi off then back on and then it will connect to the saved WiFi network profile. Very annoying! Please fix HP!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I have wi-fi not to sleep, but I think I saw that a couple of times that it was disconnected after some time when idle. I'll have to observe it more to be sure. Anyone else?
    It connects though without having to turn on and off.
    I'm getting SMS, but no notification. I have to manual check.

EDIT:

Not an issue. I had the patch Advanced SMS preferences and removed that and started getting notifications. I have not tried reapplying the patch. I updated without removing any patches.
    Last edited by Jonnie; 01/04/2012 at 07:30 AM.
    On a certain few websites the sites load, then reload themselves in a nonstop loop unless I click the stop button at the right time I'm unable to view the page at all. Anyone else seen this?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Update to my earlier post, regarding Lexi-Comp. It seems that the app is loading, but it takes it about 2 minutes to do so, during which the Pre2 is almost totally unresponsive. I wrote Lexi-Comp about it. Hope they fix the problem.
    Other than that, the update is great. The device, esp. the phone app, seem a bit faster. And I like the little visual enhancements.
    To see how tiny text is you can check this url for example: La sortie d'une tablette tactile Google gênerait certains partenaires - Actualité PC INpact

On 2.1 text size is ok and on 2.2.4 text size is so tiny that it is impossible to read. Even in landscape it's crap!

Phone app is far slower than before
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Check the battery. I noticed on a few Frankens I did that the battery that came with the Pre2 didn't quite sit in the phone perfectly after the process (kinda the same problem they had in the very first run of original Pres). The fix is the same as for the original Pre problem. Fold a small piece of paper a couple of times (I used a postit note) and jam it in behind the top part of the battery (just in front of the pull out plastic tab). That should fix it!

I noticed the reboot would happen sometimes when i either put it on the touchstone or handled the phone just right doing tasks or popped open the keyboard. I figured it out on the first one I did and it was doing the random seeming reboots. Then I just used the battery from the Pre I updated from and it didn't reboot anymore. Popped in the shim of paper with the new battery and all was good.

Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Well I took the plunge from 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre Plus and got a Pre2 and moved the comm-board over. Doctored the phone to 2.2.4 using the scripts posted on WebOs Internals page. Everything seemed to go great and I was able to install all my apps from my profile. The phone is fast and everything seems fine.

But..

I am not having a MAJOR problem and can't seem to find a cause for it. The phone will just reset itself right back to the HP logo. There does not seem to be any reason for this. It can happen in just about every app I could test with. It can work great for over an hour and other times crash every 10 minutes.

Over night just setting on the Touchstone the phone reset three times. Funny thing the first time was over an hour after a back up ran.

I've re-doctored several times, re-ran the scripts, created a new testing profile all with the same results.

Funny thing is I have not been able to get it to crash while running a PDK game.

Lumberjack is not showing me any problems. (If I'm reading it correctly)

Anyone else seeing the same issue?
    Attached is the issue i posted before about facebook zooming in on pictures. I didnt have this issue prior to installing 2.2.4 on my pre2. This picture actually is a full view of disney world or whatever, but it loads as seen in the screencap, and wont allow scrolling to the right to view the whole pic in the x.facebook.com site. The m.facebook.com does, but its a very dumbed down version. Others on 2.2.4 said they can view pics ok but I cant. Wonder why.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just realized it made my Sprint Navigator go bye-bye. Will have to reinstall. No biggie but.... just so people know.
    Quote Originally Posted by m477 View Post
    I have noticed that the dock seems blurred in the middle:
    asd.png (under the red line)
    It's just mine?
    I have the exact same distortion
    Same here.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I'll give this a try. The battery seems to be fitting fitting very tight.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by illconceived View Post
    I have the text problem, the freezing and resets but also the phone is just so slow. It can't even properly run Angry Birds! Sometimes the launcher doesn't work. Sometimes Just Type doesn't work. Also, where is this Skype software? At first I thought there would be an app, but I then I figured maybe the functionality was accessible through the Contacts like it is with the Touchpad. When I checked the contacts no Skype addresses are there. Where the heck is it? I did send texts from the Toughpad using the Pre 2's bluetooth, that was pretty nice.
    Used Govnah on my Pre2 for OCing but now only good for processor speed monitoring. Prior to 2.2.4 upgrade, I ran at about 1-1.1Ghz. Now with every device restart it runs super slow at 300mhz and boots as slow as a pre minus. However, if I do a RingerSwitch/PowerButton reboot, it boots up to 1Ghz/300Mhz variable. It's only when I do a battery switch or device reboot I run at super slow speeds and have to do a ringer switch reset to boot up at normal speed. Praying Uberkernal or whatever catches up to 2.2.4 soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnie View Post
    I'm getting SMS, but no notification. I have to manual check.
    same here... sound/notification disappeared a couple days after upgrade. cant find the settings in preferences anymore either.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast