Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    So i re-doctored my sprintified verizon franken pre2 last night trying to fix the various things that were plaguing me, in anticipation of the OTA 2.2.4 update. All my frustrations previously were minor and just had to work through them. Now, post-2.2.4-OA, the thing is darn near unuseable:

1) Major issue - the touch screen has essentially become non-responsive after a single touch. No idea what is going on, because as soon as I hit the power button, it will go dark, I can then hit the button again, slide the unlock, hit the touchscreen for whatever just once and then it hangs again. Other things continue to work, like the ability to soft-power-off and the clock continues to function, I just can't initiate any actions via the touchscreen, without first soft-powering it off and then on again. But even then it is only for one touch of the screen (maybe two if I am lucky). I have rebooted it 15 or more times now and it does this EVERY time.

2) The first time after the OTA it would not connect to Sprint for Data. This happened again the next 4 or 5 reboots and that seems to have fixed itself. But I can say for sure because of the touchscreen issue doesn't let me get very far.

I am worried that I have gotten a bad piece of hardware (and ebay prices have gone crazy again, or I would just get another phone and start over).

I am going to try the 2.2.4 meta script and see what happens...
    Last edited by rpiatt; 12/23/2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: title change
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    my keyboard wont lightup sometimes
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    used the 2.2.4 meta-doctor. Still same touchscreen issue. Gonna ride it out for a day, but if this continues tomorrow I'll have to go back to 2.1 where it didn't do this...
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    OK, so I have done both the OTA 2.2.4 update as well as the 2.2.4 Meta-doctor and both have resulted in the non-responsive touchscreen issue. I can definitely say that this did not happen in 2.1, so it is either:

1) a true software issue, brought on by the 2.2.4 update
    -or-
    2) A hardware issue manifesting itself via the 2.2.4 update

Part of me is inclined to believe it is the latter, since I haven't seen anyone else with this issue, but I don't know.

I am doing to doctor back to 2.1 and see what happens.
    My phone updated fine - minor issues with losing some patches, etc., and the Sprint nav disappeared.

My wife's phone came up with an error sign and www.palm.com/rom error. I had to re-doctor it twice in order to get it running again. It's waking up now, so I'll see if everything works.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Fisack... it is all quite weird. I am going to re-doictor to 2.1 and then try the update to 2.2.4, you know because I am a glutton for punishment.

(My wife is sensing my frustration and told me to just go buy an Android phone today and be done with it. She clearly doesn't know me well enough. )

Hopefully better results this time.
    I synced the pre2 to my touchpad to try messaging. My mom sent me a text and it showed up on the touchpad as my mom, but on my phone it said it was somebody from work. I just removed the work gmail that has the contacts on it, and havent put it back yet, but was odd.