1.    #1  
    Is there a Skype app for the pre 2? It's the chat I want not bothered about the call function??
    I have just updated it to the 2.1

Thank You
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    There is no "app". You can set your Skype account from the "Accounts" app and then it works either through the Messaging app (with Synergy) or via the Phone App if you want calls.
    In your case you go to the messaging App ---> Buddies ---> Online and then you can chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    There is no "app". You can set your Skype account from the "Accounts" app and then it works either through the Messaging app (with Synergy) or via the Phone App if you want calls.
    In your case you go to the messaging App ---> Buddies ---> Online and then you can chat.
    Assuming he has Verizon. If he doesn't then he will need to update to 2.2.4.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Yes you are right. I just saw the "updated" part but not the 2.1
    Can somebody help me understand the skype changes from verizon skype in 2.1 and skype in 2.2.4? With Verizon's Skype, cell minutes are used for domestic calls. With the 2.2.4 version in the meta-doctor, that's changed, right? So you need skype credit to make a skype voice call to a domestic landline number but it doesn't use cell minutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Can somebody help me understand the skype changes from verizon skype in 2.1 and skype in 2.2.4? With Verizon's Skype, cell minutes are used for domestic calls. With the 2.2.4 version in the meta-doctor, that's changed, right? So you need skype credit to make a skype voice call to a domestic landline number but it doesn't use cell minutes?
    You hit the nail on the head.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Also, reading that made me realize how upside things get having Skype on a cell phone. Wow.

Sure was neat sitting outside talking to my friend in the UK using my Pre, though!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have a question on how to use Skype. My contacts are showing in the 'buddies' list but even though they are online at a computer I can't message or call them. I click on their name and nothing happens. Does anybody else have this issue or know a fix?