Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #41  
    Today I was in the process of making a small video so I could upload it to youtube and post the link so you know what I was going through.. but guess what, My Pre2's browser is working fine until now!

I repeated the same steps I have been making. I was 100% sure it was going to fail but no, when I am with my camera shooting a video, the browser began working, ufff..... classic.

I am going through the process of elimination you mention. I will let you know how it goes
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    Today I was in the process of making a small video so I could upload it to youtube and post the link so you know what I was going through.. but guess what, My Pre2's browser is working fine until now!

I repeated the same steps I have been making. I was 100% sure it was going to fail but no, when I am with my camera shooting a video, the browser began working, ufff..... classic.

I am going through the process of elimination you mention. I will let you know how it goes
    typical, always happens doesnt it, esp when you want to visibly show some1 else and BAM it doesnt go as expected but hey at least your back in action
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    hmmm..

that's getting to sound more like a router/connection issue.

You really need to test with another router, at a friends, public, work...

It's be kinda sad to go through so much with the phone only to find out that it's the router after all.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  4.    #44  
    I found it!!! I found the reason why my Pre2 browser with 2.2.4 just went nuts!!

I just could not believe it...

What did I find? Well, that basically if you go to the system - date & time and change the network time to "off" and then network time zone to "off" too and set another time zone, when you quit the date & time app and then go to the browser it would just stop working... really crazy.

To get back in business you have to set network time to "on" and change the network time zone to "on" again or just leave it in "off" but select another time zone so I guess it refreshes something on the phone. Then the browser will start working again!!

I just could not see the relationship between changing those settings and the problem in the web browser.

As you can see I made a looooot of tests, doctors (continued working with 2.1.0 for more than a year) and just by default at some time of my elimination process looking for the problem I had to change the data & time settings but just never though of it, call me crazy but this is what happens on my Pre 2.

I guess some guys could try to check if this is problem in other Pre 2s since I have playing changing the settings and was able to make the browser stop working and then reverse the setting and continue working without issues.

I hope this can be helpful for someone else.. if not, well it is helpful to me

Thank you guys always for the help... your comments helped me to continue digging into this and not give up.

Cheers!
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
  5.    #45  
    Hi there, just to post a quick update. In my previous post where I mention the bug found in 2.2.4 I forgot to mention another scenario and basically it was the one that made it so hard for me to find the problem.

Since my SIM card is a peruvian one, everytime I inserted one SIM card on the Pre 2 with 2.2.4 it would recognize the time zone is Peru and the browser would not work. To make it work I insert my SIM card and set network time zone to "off" and set Los Angeles time zone. Then the browser works perfectly.

Cheers,
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123