Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    nothing.... my web browser does not work!......any patch??
    please...any suggestion?
    Define "does not work"?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I have a palm pre2 - webos 22.4.......... I have not been able to use the web browser. The web browser does not load any page at all, all it does is show me the gray screen with the circle. Preware loads from its application, Facebook too, my email account from the email app (the body doesn´t appear but when I reply it appears!!), the HP app catalog loads fine, but web broswing is a no go.

What can I do?..I installed Advance web browser, Complete Browser, but they don´t work......i installed a-Browser QT and it works but it is slow and it has not flash.....

I use the correct doctor for my phone... my pre2 is a unlocked (USA) and I have installed 3 times...at beginning, the browser works, and I can see the body of any mail (gmail), but, if I copy a file (music), or install any app (compatible) then, I close the card about browser, I open again the card about browser and it doesn´t work, just appears the gray circle reading, reading, reading....my mail neither work, i mean, I can´t see the body, but if I forward or replay, the body appears!!....
    ok,

I have a palm pre2 - webos 22.4.......... I have not been able to use the web browser. The web browser does not load any page at all, all it does is show me the gray screen with the circle. Preware loads from its application, Facebook too, my email account from the email app (the body doesn´t appear but when I reply it appears!!), the HP app catalog loads fine, but web broswing is a no go.

What can I do?..I installed Advance web browser, Complete Browser, but they don´t run, I mean, the web browser does not load any page at all, all it does is show me the gray screen with the circle....... I installed a-Browser QT and it works but it is slow an primitive, no flash.......

I used the correct doctor for my phone... my pre2 is a unlocked (USA) and I have installed 3 times...at beginning, the browser works, and I can see the body of any mail (gmail), but, if I copy a file (music), or install any app (compatible) then, I close the card about browser, I open again the card about browser and it doesn´t work, just appears the gray circle reading, reading, reading....my mail neither work, i mean, I can´t see the body, but if I forward or replay, the body appears!!....

I rebooted many times...this problem appears since I didn´t install anything. I restored it to its factory default state many times.

I use the correct doctor for my phone... my pre2 is a unlocked (USA) and I have installed 3 times...at beginning, the browser runs and works, and I can see the body of any mail (gmail), but, if I copy a file (music), or install any app (compatible, i.e: just facebook ) then, I close the card about browser, I open again the card about browser and it doesn´t work, just appears the gray circle reading, reading, reading....my mail neither work, i mean, I can´t see the body, but if I forward or replay, the body appears!!....

I installed this:
    version 2.2.4 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...p224pre2wr.jar (P102UEU/P102UNA,ROW). behind the battery is P102UNA

This is for pre2 unlocked. (I am from PERU, so, you understand I can not buy any application, just preware or free).

Now, I note there is some files:

MD5 sums

Here is a list of all the versions that we know about (with md5sums for each, and the build date and build number from /etc/palm-build-info):

date MD5SUM file
    20111129 160 ea0cb312cb92c1e4d7f1d70820923538 webosdoctorp224pre2-wr-2.2.4.jar
    20111129 2211 4670a65b6d35e6a4bb73905db79044a3 webosdoctorp224mantaatt-2.2.4.jar
    20111129 3175 c4aa5b8bb00cec6079416591f7a8e38c webosdoctorp224manta-wr-2.2.4.jar
    20111129 1222 04648bca9d241bc0889ceaf5c8ddf790 webosdoctorp224mantaverizon-2.2.4.jar

I got this information here:

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions

thanks so much for your help!
  6.    #26  
    Hola broder, yo también soy de Perú. La verdad que nunca encontré como hacer funcionar el internet con 2.2.4. En mi caso no tengo plan de datos así que sólo utilizo internet con Wifi. Si el internet es básico mejor no te compliques y regresa a 2.1. Es lo que yo hice y me funciona todo. Sigues después los pasos de webosinternals para "desactivar" la actualización del sistema y listo.

Hi mate, I am also from Peru. I was never able to make the web browser work in 2.2.4. I do not have a data plan so I only connect to the internet using Wifi. If web browsing is a priority for you, then I think you should go back to 2.1. That is what I did and everything works fine. Do not forget to follow the steps in webosinternals to "deactivate" the system updates.
    Did you check the md5sum from the file to the one on that list?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I installed mi pre2 with the version 2.1.0 and all is ok!!!....I knew the problem was the version 2.4....the web browser run fast.....the only problem now is that I cann´t see photos in facebook (last version)...what can I do?
    guilledil...cual es el paso para desactivar la actualización de mi versión?

How can I do to to "deactivate" the system updates? (please step by step)
    Quote Originally Posted by nc31002 View Post
    guilledil...cual es el paso para desactivar la actualización de mi versión?

How can I do to to "deactivate" the system updates? (please step by step)
    you could have just use the search button.

but here it is anyway: Preventing Automatic WebOS update
  11.    #31  
    Hi there,

After more than a year working with my Pre 2 with webOS 2.1.0 I felt that I should give 2.2.4 another try (because of a skip problem in bluetooth audio that drove me nuts - Thread here: Playing music over bluetooth stutter) so I doctored my phone.

Unfortunately the web browser just shows the spinning circle and does not load anything. I do not have a data plan so I borrowed a SIM card with data to activate my Pre 2... after restarting the phone I opened the browser but it did not load anything even with the SIM card with data plan, just the spinning circle again.

I gave back the SIM card and tried wifi only. With wifi I can install apps through the App Catalog, install patches with Preware, sync my email but the browser simply does not work.

I have reset my Pre2 with all the options except "Secure Full Erase" but now I am bypassing the activation process and just testing with wifi. No luck!

Does anyone have any clue what I could try now?
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Ok I will bite...

I have used webOS 2.2.4 since December of 2011, it has been rock solid, on Pre2 and Pre3, (it is a little unstable on my PrePlus but that is kernel related nothing to do with webOS proper)...

But I am on Verizon in the USA using a PrePlus with the English settings...

I have a Pre2 and Pre3 (not on Verizon, but both are Verizon devices), which work without any issue with the browser, my guess, is language? I use English when I setup the devices (both were unlocked via the DeviceTool, with the uImages updated, to bypass activation), then setup WiFi, removed the Palm Account (bypassed first use) and reset Palm Profile via impostah, then rebooted, with WiFi, logged into my Palm Profile of which it restored my profile/apps etc...

Browser works fine for a 2011 device in 2013...

Tested Pre2 with stock doctor build 160 (although the stock was altered to work with the Verizon device as by design it only works on unlocked Pre2's)...

Now to further test, let me know the steps so I can re-produce then maybe I can fix the problem if I can re-produce it.

FYI there is also a process to move the Bluetooth modules from webOS 2.2.4 to webOS 2.1.0 if one wanted to test fixes for Bluetooth... although it was designed for SMS sharing with the Touchpad, it brings the entire Bluetooth stack over.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...Legacy_Devices
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/24/2013 at 01:01 PM.
  13.    #33  
    Thanks for the reply, I have a NA unlocked Pre 2 and my selected language is English (United States).

On my first attempt the steps were:
    1. Doctored my Pre2 (Build 163.160 11/30/11) with my SIM card w/o data plan.
    2. After it rebooted I selected English-United States, when the Pre2 asked me to activate, I turned off the phone
    3. Exchanged the SIM cards, now the Pre2 had a SIM card with data plan
    4. Turned on the phone, created a palm profile and rebooted again.
    5. Tried to surf the web with the browser but it would load anything, just the spinning circle.

Now that I do not have a SIM card with data plan I did these steps:
    1. Doctored my Pre2 (Build 163.160 11/30/11) with my SIM card w/o data plan.
    2. After it rebooted I selected English-United States
    3. Selected Emergency Call and entered #*DEVMODE#. Turned on Developed Mode, password blank
    4. Reset the device.
    5. Connect to my home wifi
    6. Tried to surf the web with the browser but it would load anything, just the spinning circle.

It is a very weird case because I guess many people with a NA Unlocked Pre 2 followed these steps to upgrade to 2.2.4 but if you could reproduce the issue it would be awesome.

Moving the bluetooth modules to 2.1.0 should be my next approach if my Pre 2 browser does not work with 2.2.4.
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Honestly, it doesn't make sense that you have internet but the browser doesn't work.

The first thing I find strange is all that SIM swiping...

I bought my kids Pre2s for Christmas and didn't get them SIMS until the following week, so for a week, they were in Dev mode and used their phone via WIFI.

So I'd recommend you try this.

1) wipe the phone, re-doctor it, no SIM in it at all.

2) put it in Dev mode and get it to boot up without an account.

3) try the browser, it should work at this point. If not, go to 10)

4) if yes then just wipe the phone, reset apps and data aka "Full erase" via the Device Information reset options

5) turn it off, put a SIM WITH DATA PLAN on it.

6) boot it, set up your account (new or old one)

7) once it goes through all the required set-up to get to the normal screen, which is when it's starting to load the apps if old account, turn it off.

8) NOW switch the SIM card to the non-data one, boot up and set the WIFI properly.

9) test the browser,

10) if it still doesn't work, then you really have a very weird situation.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Honestly, it doesn't make sense that you have internet but the browser doesn't work.

The first thing I find strange is all that SIM swiping...

I bought my kids Pre2s for Christmas and didn't get them SIMS until the following week, so for a week, they were in Dev mode and used their phone via WIFI.

So I'd recommend you try this.

1) wipe the phone, re-doctor it, no SIM in it at all.

2) put it in Dev mode and get it to boot up without an account.

3) try the browser, it should work at this point. If not, go to 10)

4) if yes then just wipe the phone, reset apps and data aka "Full erase" via the Device Information reset options

5) turn it off, put a SIM WITH DATA PLAN on it.

6) boot it, set up your account (new or old one)

7) once it goes through all the required set-up to get to the normal screen, which is when it's starting to load the apps if old account, turn it off.

8) NOW switch the SIM card to the non-data one, boot up and set the WIFI properly.

9) test the browser,

10) if it still doesn't work, then you really have a very weird situation.
    Good ideas, I will give them a try tonight.

I reaaaaally hope I do not get to step 10
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    Good ideas, I will give them a try tonight.

I reaaaaally hope I do not get to step 10
    Good luck... one thing that I'm sure you're realized but I feel better to write it.. in between step 2 and 3, get the WIFI connected, and make sure that you have internet access... not just connected, as a common issue with some people, they don't realize that you can connect to a router easily, but that doesn't mean that the router is bridging you to the net or just to the local network.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  17.    #37  
    I am on step 3 and the browser worksss!!! No SIM card at all seems to be the trick.

I am really relieved knowing that 2.2.4 is a go on my Pre2. At the moment I do not have a SIM card with data plan so I am thinking about going the Impostah way to set my profile.

Looks like the SIM card switching had something to do with my problem.

Thank you very muuuuccch!
    Last edited by guilledil; 04/24/2013 at 08:56 PM.
    I am on step 3 and the browser worksss!!! No SIM card at all seems to be the trick.

I am really relieved knowing that 2.2.4 is a go on my Pre2. At the moment I do not have a SIM card with data plan so I am thinking about going the Impostah way to set my profile.

Looks like the SIM card switching had something to do with my problem.

Thank you very muuuuccch!
    Before the impostah way, just go to your provider, they may be able to assist and have a trial SIM, which if you explain that you just need to get your profile on, they should be fine with assisting with that.

I've read enough problematics about the impostah approach, that in your case, I'd be careful, but worse scenario is... Another reformat... ?

And this is the longest reply I've ever done on my Pre2 ...LOL
    I see a pattern...
  19.    #39  
    Hi there again... looks like maybe I called victory too soon

Last night I could borrow a SIM card with data plan so I went through all the steps mentioned above by imfallen_angel (thanks again for the help btw). From 1 to 10 unfortunately.

After the last reboot the browser worked once with my SIM card w/o data plan and only with wifi. I closed the card, then tried to open the brower again, entered an url and pummm... the same problem as always appeared (the browser would not work, it just shows the circle)

I repeated the steps twice with no success...

Today I had another idea, I doctored... went to step 3 and checked that the browser was working. Instead of borrowing the SIM card I went the Impostah way, installed Preware before of course, and created a profile. The browser failed again.

From what I have seen it looks like my Pre2 browser begins failing when I create a Palm Profile.

I do not understand why that could be.

Today I also thought, maybe it has something to do with Skype (since it is new in 2.2.4) and logged to my Skype account with wifi. It works, I can check my online buddies, etc.

This is weirddddddd... everything works with wifi except the browser, it let me type the web address but when I click enter, it shows me the circle and nothing happens, from time to time... with the circle spinning, the screen goes blank for a heartbeat... maybe it is a clue of something. Also I have noticed that before creating a Palm Profile on the phone the phone app preferences works fine, by that I mean that I can scroll and the phone goes smooth. When the problem in the browser appears and I go to the phone app preferences and scroll, my Pre2 goes slow, like it was underclocked... another clue??

I really want to work with 2.2.4 but maybe it is time to give up and go back to 2.1.0?
    Hi there again... looks like maybe I called victory too soon

Last night I could borrow a SIM card with data plan so I went through all the steps mentioned above by imfallen_angel (thanks again for the help btw). From 1 to 10 unfortunately.

After the last reboot the browser worked once with my SIM card w/o data plan and only with wifi. I closed the card, then tried to open the brower again, entered an url and pummm... the same problem as always appeared (the browser would not work, it just shows the circle)

I repeated the steps twice with no success...

Today I had another idea, I doctored... went to step 3 and checked that the browser was working. Instead of borrowing the SIM card I went the Impostah way, installed Preware before of course, and created a profile. The browser failed again.

From what I have seen it looks like my Pre2 browser begins failing when I create a Palm Profile.

I do not understand why that could be.

Today I also thought, maybe it has something to do with Skype (since it is new in 2.2.4) and logged to my Skype account with wifi. It works, I can check my online buddies, etc.

This is weirddddddd... everything works with wifi except the browser, it let me type the web address but when I click enter, it shows me the circle and nothing happens, from time to time... with the circle spinning, the screen goes blank for a heartbeat... maybe it is a clue of something. Also I have noticed that before creating a Palm Profile on the phone the phone app preferences works fine, by that I mean that I can scroll and the phone goes smooth. When the problem in the browser appears and I go to the phone app preferences and scroll, my Pre2 goes slow, like it was underclocked... another clue??

I really want to work with 2.2.4 but maybe it is time to give up and go back to 2.1.0?
    hmmm.. what about the account, do you have any Apps / patches, is it an old account or new?

I'd almost say... if you were to borrow a SIM with data again and go through the setup, then see if it works non-WIFI (3G) only...

By process of elimination, you need to see what the one factor causing this is.

Have you tried with other routers?

Some routers can be extremely finicky.
    I see a pattern...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast