1.    #1  
    All of a sudden I can't get Skype online. No matter how many times I try to login and set my status to online, it still says I'm offline.

I'm currently on WebOS 2.2.4. Also, I've been installing quite a few apps and patches this week, so perhaps I've broken something. I just did a search and did not find any known issues/conlicts with Skype & patches. But perhaps I missed something.

Anyone know of any known conflicts that breaks skype?
    stupid question but how do you set your status?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    stupid question but how do you set your status?
    In Buddies, within the messaging app, I click on the radio button to the left of status, and that invokes a drop down menu where the user can set their status. Mine currently says "offline", and changing it to "online" does not get me online, even when I enter my Skype account preferences and re-login.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Skype didn't work until I uninstalled the messaging plugins, but I suppose that's not your case.
    Can't think of anything else though.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I had the same issue. Removing the skype account and adding it back again seems to have fixed the problem.
    I get this problem pretty regularly on TouchPad, too. Takes anywhere from minutes to hours to get logged in, usually it'll show me some kind of half-logged in, where i can see some things on Skype, but I can't see everything. I don't think I ever get -everything- on the TP Skype versus the PC Skype.. sigh
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Do a "root install" of the skype ipk from the wr (EU) doctor after you update to 2.2.4 ( search root install in the WebOS Nation forums for instructions on how to do this) . Do NOT install the skype ipk using preware or wosqi, It won't help. You must do a "root install" of the ipk file - Then, Restart your Pre 2 or do a luna restart - Then go to accounts - choose change login settings - login using your existing skype password.
    You should be good to go.

Thanks,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Do a "root install" of the skype ipk from the wr (EU) doctor after you update to 2.2.4 ( search root install in the WebOS Nation forums for instructions on how to do this) . Do NOT install the skype ipk using preware or wosqi, It won't help. You must do a "root install" of the ipk file - Then, Restart your Pre 2 or do a luna restart - Then go to accounts - choose change login settings - login using your existing skype password.
    You should be good to go.

Thanks,
    TTB
    Thank you for this. Given your instructions and some research, here are the instructions that I've been able to piece together:

Step 1: C:\webos\sdk\bin> novaterm.exe
    Step 2: root@Pre:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    Step 3: root@Pre:/# cd media/internal
    Step 4: root@Pre:/media/internal# ipkg install skyped_1.0-28.3_armv7.ipk
    Step 5: root@Pre:/media/internal# ipkg install com.skype.app.skypesearchdirectory_1.0-13_armv7.ipk
    Step 6: root@Pre:/# mount -o remount,ro /
    Step 7: reboot Pre
    Question 1) Are the above steps correct?

Question 2 & 3) where do I download the latest version of Skype for WebOS? and what files do I need to download?