1.    #1  
    Since my touchstone died I decided to take a quick peek over at amazon.

Three more touchstones headed my way with 15$ spent (no shipping, just the puck because I already have several chargers). Crazy. I guess I've been living under a rock because I didn't realize these things had gotten so cheap.

Pre batteries for 3.50$, touchstones for 5 bucks, I guess they are just liquidating all traces of the pre at this point. I suppose if you don't already have a spare battery/touchstone and intend to keep the phone another year or two, now's the time to stock up.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    yeah, i picked up 2 when i had my 2 phones on the way, and the guy that sold me my pre2 had 2 that he threw in.. so i've got 3 phones, and 4 touchstones.. i also picked up a couple spare batteries since they were cheeeeeeep. Now I'm wanting extended lifes, but I haven't dug around for those. Too bad I can't just throw the battery right onto the spare touchstone

Now if only TouchPad touchstones were anything resembling cheap :|
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I usually get my touchstone shipped for 6 bucks plus they threw in the cable!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Yha. Verizon has them on a nickle. I just need to find a car charger so mine can work in my car :/
    Still 20 on amazon uk
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    touchstones for 5 bucks, I guess they are just liquidating all traces of the pre at this point.
    Actually in the US the touchstones have been 5 bucks for ever now (long before the devices were apothekered). VZW has been selling em for 5 bucks for almost a year now (w/ accessory bundle), with free 2 day shipping.

They were first doing them as bundles with car charger, or car charger and case ($10 and $15 respectively). Then they have just been doing the $5 TS. This all while still selling the Pre2 on contract (back then at their full on contract price too).

All I can think of is they must have MASSIVELY produced the things. The wife and I have like 8 now (ended up with a few extra bundled with fire sale Pre2s). It is telling that even the HP branded boxes have a picture of Palm branded TS. Also the VZW ones we have bought off line have the Palm/VZW specific packaging and the original price sticker of 49.95 on em.

Good news, if you buy a VZW one and it's DOA, you can exchange in store no questions asked even if your not a VZW customer.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I found one that my daughter used for her Pixi that was in the "long term storage" pile. Now I have 4! Can't imagine life without one. I hope they get resurrected in some form or another in the future.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Actually in the US the touchstones have been 5 bucks for ever now (long before the devices were apothekered). VZW has been selling em for 5 bucks for almost a year now (w/ accessory bundle), with free 2 day shipping.

They were first doing them as bundles with car charger, or car charger and case ($10 and $15 respectively). Then they have just been doing the $5 TS. This all while still selling the Pre2 on contract (back then at their full on contract price too).

All I can think of is they must have MASSIVELY produced the things. The wife and I have like 8 now (ended up with a few extra bundled with fire sale Pre2s). It is telling that even the HP branded boxes have a picture of Palm branded TS. Also the VZW ones we have bought off line have the Palm/VZW specific packaging and the original price sticker of 49.95 on em.

Good news, if you buy a VZW one and it's DOA, you can exchange in store no questions asked even if your not a VZW customer.
    Like I said, I must have been living under a rock :-). I would have bought some extras a year ago had I realized. Crazy cheap. Batteries for under 4 bucks is nuts too. Can't complain, looks like my frankenpre2 is good to go for the next year or two. A nice new phone, spare batteries, multiple touchstones, and I didn't even have to change my sprint plan or pay the extra 10 bucks a month for a smartphone ;-).

I'm actually afraid to change my plan, for one I'd have to pay 10$ a month more, and they would probably yank my old business discount (I have a STUPID good deal through my old career and I'm afraid doing anything outside reupping my grandfathered plan would more than double my bill.

Anyway, I'm just happy with my current situation, my pre 2, and the cheap available accessories.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Since my touchstone died I decided to take a quick peek over at amazon.

Three more touchstones headed my way with 15$ spent (no shipping, just the puck because I already have several chargers). Crazy. I guess I've been living under a rock because I didn't realize these things had gotten so cheap.

Pre batteries for 3.50$, touchstones for 5 bucks, I guess they are just liquidating all traces of the pre at this point. I suppose if you don't already have a spare battery/touchstone and intend to keep the phone another year or two, now's the time to stock up.
    Verizon blew them out last month @$3.46 (after discount) a piece with free overnight shipping, LOL. Same for the (travel) Adapter and cable bundle.
    Well, if somebody want to buy and resell to me, I can pay $ 10.00 (each) + shipping!

You gain, the store gain, and I can gain too... everybody gain!!

Oh, yes... Adapter and cable always gonna be welcome!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I'm in need of a car cord right quick .. any cheap deals out there?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    where to get the pre 2 batteries for $3.50 ?
    That's awesome. I think I've got three touchstones for my Pre2 right now with one on my desk and a couple at home. My co-worker was asking about them and if anyone had hacked them to work with different phones. Seems like it'd be a cool project to mess with for an EE in their free time..
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    I ordered 2 new Pre batteries from an Amazon reseller last month. One was a dud and the other one is ok, which I'm using now but definitely reduced capacity than a a totally fresh battery just from the factory. These are not fresh batteries so buyer beware. YMMV. But they are dirt cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by arnott View Post
    where to get the pre 2 batteries for $3.50 ?
    Amazon.com: pre battery: Cell Phones & Accessories

take your pick!
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Don't send to Brazil...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    The touchstone on Amazon doesn't come with the usb cable, is that right? I just bought the entire set (touchstone + cable) for $10 from the HP Warehouse. How much is a battery for a Pre 2?
    Pre2 and Pre battery is same.

I would always assume TS comes without cable and ac adapter unless otherwise noted.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Thanks. Hopefully the batteries are reliable.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I just picked up two of these refurb batteries. The moisture stickers were all white, but the batteries hold a charge and show as 95-97% in DrBattery compared to 65% for my original. So far I am happy with them.

I also picked up two of the touchstones from Verizon for $4 and change with free 2day Fedex.