Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm downloading an OTA to 2.2.4 to Sprint FrankenPre running 2.2.1 right now.

Is this a fluke?

Any advice before I install? Was dreading running the metadoctor, perhaps this is my Quanza, Hanukah, early Christmas present from Open Source Palm.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    did you have any sprint apps installed? (sprint tv, sprint nav)

did the update remove them?

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I'm downloading an OTA to 2.2.4 to Sprint FrankenPre running 2.2.1 right now.

Is this a fluke?

Any advice before I install? Was dreading running the metadoctor, perhaps this is my Quanza, Hanukah, early Christmas present from Open Source Palm.
    i only had sprint nav installed and it stayed. i didn't run epr before and ubercalendar would reinstall or uninstall, every other patch i had installed worked fine. after the update my volume buttons do not respond, i think i am gonna metadoctor back and update again.
  4.    #4  
    I was interrupted by a phone call. This gave me time to uninstall patches. I may have had a kernel but if so, it did not register in Preware so perhaps not.

The familiar penguin is still there, interesting. Perhaps it will be removed as the process completes. Now it says Backing up Data, Do not remove batttery. Was that also in prior updates?
    mine is downloading now! oh boy...been waiting for this update!
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    what are the changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    what are the changes?
    sms text with your touchpad! the feature Ive been waiting on most
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    kataran likes this.
  8.    #8  
    Sprint Nav is gone on mine.
    The Lord giveth...and the Lord taketh Away.

I apparently did have uberkernel because Preware is still there but it is telling me that the kernel is an empty placeholder and it has put it on the list to update along with Ubercalendar which I also did not uninstall and Preware itself. Interesting

Bluetooth is paired and phone is not identified as webOS phone but rather Palm Pre on the TouchPad. Text appeared on TouchPad and then on Pre2. Pre2 feels a little sluggish but am not sure.

PRL is old PRL so I guess I will update manually and fix Sprint Nav.
    I have a Sprint Franken Pre 2 & it shows the update is available as well, however I didn't download or install it yet.

Is is safe to do so??? Besides themes, is there anything else I need to remove before installing the OTA update???
    Mine is up and working....it was laggy until I updated the "remove tap ripple"....its smoothed out again
    @agentmock

all up and running, back on the stock kernel though

sms forwarding is working
    @agentmock

kataran likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Got Sprint Nav working with voice turn by turn enabled and PRL updated. Penguin is gone from the Pre startup screen, feels strange after almost a year. Still on my TouchPad though because I installed Linux.

Still feels sluggish--comes and goes.

Will see if I can install Tuckerbox and test some enyo apps.

edit: Yay, Music Remix downloaded and successfully read all my music, some of which is playing now. Volume buttons work
    This update seems legitimate. Feel free to update if you wish.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  14.    #14  
    Enabled App Tuckerbox, installed Pix (got scary warning that it was marked incompatible with my device and I give up all moral and legal rights to help-but ray of light about being able to go to precentral.net).

Still pix works fine. Looks nice.

Woot.

Time to donate to webos-internals and throw some money Jason Robataille's way also.
  15.    #15  
    Logged into Skype via the phone app.
    Waiting for friends to get off work and call me to test.
    wonder if there are any changes under the hood that would allow us to hide quick launch bar or where new cards launch (left instead of right) for example
  17.    #17  
    HP mobile hotspot installed and Pre2 says TouchPad is connected. but TouchPad cannot establish internet connection. Free tether works fine.
  18.    #18  
    Decided to install palm recovery kernel since I had uberkernel during the OTA, even though uberkernel is now reporting as a placeholder.
    Will not install other patches for 24 hours while i wait to hear from webos-internals.

Phone still goes in and out of sluggishness.
    From what I understood, skype only worked over verizons network (wasn't working as VOIP). If it works over sprint that'd be..... Interesting?
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  20.    #20  
    Am waiting for to test Skype until someone gets off work. SMS lag seems to have gone--crossing my fingers.

Phone seems to be backing up automatically quickly, a welcome change since Aug/Sept. Maybe HP realizes its in their own interest to support the phone users and bring them up-to-date--a good sign.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast