Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Confirmation? I think the only difference is modem and com board drivers. Those wouldn't be changed on a unlocked pre2 with a software update, so metadoctored 2.1 phones already have those installed and the new update doesn't touch those. If it was tailored to my sprintified phone it shouldn't have hp hotspot or a sim tool app.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    [NOTE]FYI to the Members...

The webOS team went out of their way to include "Sprintified" Pre 2's (FrankenPre2's) in this software update. So if you see an HP employee in the forums (or in real life for that matter), be sure to give them a big hug and/or a thank you to show your love! [/NOTE]
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I can't make phone calls since the OTA update. I type in the number and then select the call button and the number vanishes and nothing happens. I can call voicemail, dial numbers less the six digits and it make the call, but if I dial a seven digit number it does not work. I can receive calls also. Any ideas?
    I am in Massachusetts USA and have a "Sprintified" FrankenPre 2. I can see no sign of an OTA update to 2.2.4. When I run System Update on my phone, it just says "Your phone is up to date. HP webOS 2.1 Feature Highlights. Be sure to try out the new features in HP webOS 2.1"

When I go to the hpwebos.com web page, I cannot find a 2.2.4 Doctor, just the 2.1 Doctor.

Where is 2.2.4? How do I get it?
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    [NOTE]FYI to the Members...

The webOS team went out of their way to include "Sprintified" Pre 2's (FrankenPre2's) in this software update. So if you see an HP employee in the forums (or in real life for that matter), be sure to give them a big hug and/or a thank you to show your love! [/NOTE]
    So great!!! I EPR'ed my verizon/sprintified frankenpre2 and then did the update. I haven't noticed anything amiss at this point and it went without a hitch.

HUGE thanks to the good folks at HP webOS team that thought so kindly of us frankens!
    Quote Originally Posted by barbedwiredave View Post
    Confirmation? I think the only difference is modem and com board drivers. Those wouldn't be changed on a unlocked pre2 with a software update, so metadoctored 2.1 phones already have those installed and the new update doesn't touch those. If it was tailored to my sprintified phone it shouldn't have hp hotspot or a sim tool app.
    Yes, it's been confirmed that what I said is true.
    barbedwiredave likes this.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I observed that when I OTA'ed my recently created Sprint FrankenPre2 from Verizon the Govnah reports that the speed was 300MHz. I reverted back to the Palm restore kernel, and still 300MHz. Using the Govnah I built a profile with some faster speeds, and now the lags are all gone.

Can't wait for one of the newer kernels to catch up to v2.2.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by settelma View Post
    I can't make phone calls since the OTA update. I type in the number and then select the call button and the number vanishes and nothing happens. I can call voicemail, dial numbers less the six digits and it make the call, but if I dial a seven digit number it does not work. I can receive calls also. Any ideas?
    Do you have/had patches before the update?
    I had same issue on previous version. Not sure what combination of patches triggered that behaviour but it happened to me twice. I just saved my patches in preware EPRed it an added them in and all was good. If that doesn't help you'll need to add them one by one and figure out which one is breaking it. Most likely you have some left over patches that didn't get reverted during the update somehow.
    Thanks for the tip -- I had the same problem with horrible lag, so I checked and also saw Govnah reporting 300MHz speed. Creating a new Govnah profile with with 1GHz speed fixed all the lag, running great now!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKern View Post
    I observed that when I OTA'ed my recently created Sprint FrankenPre2 from Verizon the Govnah reports that the speed was 300MHz. I reverted back to the Palm restore kernel, and still 300MHz. Using the Govnah I built a profile with some faster speeds, and now the lags are all gone.

Can't wait for one of the newer kernels to catch up to v2.2.4.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    Do you have/had patches before the update?
    I had same issue on previous version. Not sure what combination of patches triggered that behaviour but it happened to me twice. I just saved my patches in preware EPRed it an added them in and all was good. If that doesn't help you'll need to add them one by one and figure out which one is breaking it. Most likely you have some left over patches that didn't get reverted during the update somehow.
    After your suggestion I ran the doctor from the palm site thinking it was 2.2.4, it was actually 2.1. The phone worked great with no problems, reinstalled all the patches and was able to make phone calls with no problem. So I decided to update 2.2.4, using the meta doctor. I first ran EPR and backed up all my files. I then ran the meta doctor and installed with no problems. everything works, except I can't make any phone calls out. I can skype, but can't make a direct phone call. This was the same symptom as before, any other ideas?

update: With the 2.1.0 and 2.2.4 versions my phone preference carrier shows Sprint, but in device info under hardware, network, it shows Verizon. I assume this is ok?

I am not sure I understand tokens and how they work, could this be an issue? If so why would the older version work and the latest update not? Asking for some help on two threads hoping someone has a fix.
    On Sprint FrankenPre 2.2.4

Received update notice today. Upgraded over WiFi took about 20min and no problems I can see. I don't have any overclocking installed. Apps and everything seem there.
    I got the update notice, ran epr and did it. all seemed fine then I reinstalled my patches and reboot. Phone got stuck on boot logo. Had to doctor back to 2.1. I was missing my disable lightbar patch, so I will roll with 2.1 for a while.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    After many days of successfully hitting the don't install now button, somehow my phone ran the update overnight and bricked. Boo. Because I'm a silly git, I hadn't made a backup in a while either.

Here's the rub - downloaded the latest version of the meta doc stuff. Tried both the ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0 and ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.2.4 scripts - both ended with an error that the device was incompatible with this version.

The log screen showed this error:
    Dec 31, 2011 12:23:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:307)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
    Dec 31, 2011 12:23:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1325308980927
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    Dec 31, 2011 12:23:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to Token failed card
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:307)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Anyone? I haven't tried running the stock Verizon doc - probably try that next...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Sprint Franken Pre 2 from Verizon. Did the whole EPR and backup before the 2.2.4 OTA.

Everything looks good. All apps and data there.

However, Sprint Navigation will start, but not get beyond the splash screen: "Sprint Navigation v2.8". No error mesages or warnings. CPS (via bing maps is working fine.)

Anyone else see this? I can call and text just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by scobb View Post
    Sprint Franken Pre 2 from Verizon. Did the whole EPR and backup before the 2.2.4 OTA.

Everything looks good. All apps and data there.

However, Sprint Navigation will start, but not get beyond the splash screen: "Sprint Navigation v2.8". No error mesages or warnings. CPS (via bing maps is working fine.)

Anyone else see this? I can call and text just fine.
    Try reinstalling the nav ipk? Dunno... you do already "have it."

Mine vanished after the update, but it worked great as always after reinstalling.
    Never got the OTA update notice. I go to system updates and it just stays on "checking for updates..." Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    tcurtin - Might have figured it out by now, but i think your running the wrong script, the unlocked script is for ex-gsm phones, there is a sprint franken verizon script.

One thing that i have noticed after the OTA update is that now im getting the application database almost full error every once in a while.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    tcurtin - Might have figured it out by now, but i think your running the wrong script, the unlocked script is for ex-gsm phones, there is a sprint franken verizon script.

One thing that i have noticed after the OTA update is that now im getting the application database almost full error every once in a while.
    You're right - apologies for not reporting back once I figured that out.

Oddly enough, the phone is now telling me again that there's a system software update waiting to install?! I hate to say it, but I'm thinking of throwing in the towel for either Android or iOS, at least until someone comes out with some officially supported hardware. (I'm sticking with Sprint, and definitely not going back to a Pre-... The Frankenpre is good, but this whole thing is making me seriously doubt its being a good choice for my sole voice connection to the outside world.)

Curses. I hate that that's true... Someone, come out with a webOS phone, ASAP!!!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcurtin View Post
    You're right - apologies for not reporting back once I figured that out.

Oddly enough, the phone is now telling me again that there's a system software update waiting to install?! I hate to say it, but I'm thinking of throwing in the towel for either Android or iOS, at least until someone comes out with some officially supported hardware. (I'm sticking with Sprint, and definitely not going back to a Pre-... The Frankenpre is good, but this whole thing is making me seriously doubt its being a good choice for my sole voice connection to the outside world.)

Curses. I hate that that's true... Someone, come out with a webOS phone, ASAP!!!
    go ahed and update. I updated with kernels patches and all. and all it did was fix my voicemail.
    Sadly no news about an OTA update for the O2 Veers in Germany … or did I miss this?
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I doctored my sprint pre2 with a verizon pre2 webos 2.1.0 doctor. Should I expect a OTA update to webos 2.2.4? If not what should I do.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast