Am I the only one that's ended up with a broken ROM from the OTA update?
I have an unlocked GSM Pre 2 that I Frakened to Sprint. During that process, I used the stock unlocked Doctor to flash the phone. Everything has been working fine for months now. When I applied the OTA update last night, I ended up with a phone that wouldn't boot.
I removed UberKernel, but left most of the other patches in place. I did NOT run EPR on the phone, and that may have been part of my problem. It took a very long time for the update to apply (close to an hour). After it rebooted, I got the nice Triangle with '!' and the palm.com/ROM url screen.
I meta doctored the phone with the correct 2.2.4 script, and everything is working now. I of course had to wait for all of my apps to download, but my profile appeared to be in tact, even though my 'HP WEBOS ACCOUNT' info was blank in the Device Info app.
The download showed up again as available, so I let it re-install. This time it added the SIM Manager app back in. I love how helpful that app is on a CDMA network.
I now see Skype as an option under the phone preferences, my account info is showing up in the Device Information screen, I've been getting SMS texts on my Touchpad, and the phone appears to be rock solid again.
I have reinstalled tons of patches, but I'm currently missing my '3G' icon and my battery as percent in the top bar. I can't wait for the kernels to get updated. This community is really the best in the world.
Hope this helps someone out. I really took the long way around getting 2.2.4 on my phone, but if it had been any other platform I'm pretty sure it would be bricked by now.