Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Did it. Removed theme. Saved back up. Did epr.saved list. Update went fine. I have Skype in my accounts. All apps came along for the ride. But... No contact pics in my messaging app. And I can't update my patches. Says the 2.2.4 feed returned error. Any way to fix this
    where did the penguin from the beginning of boot come from? does anyone know where in the file system it is stored and what is the name? /usr/palm/images maybe?
    Anybody having problems getting internalz working?
    Checked for the update this afternoon, downloaded and installed without doing much of anything else. Installed successfully, updated all patches successfully except for UberCalendar and then did a Luna Restart. It all seems to be running just fine now, but I probably haven't tried everything out just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by barbedwiredave View Post
    Internalz Pro continued to work fine for me, although I only checked it out just now, well after having updated all my patches and completing a Luna Restart.

Update on 12/22/2011:
    And it seems that I lost my data connection (Sprintified FrankenPre2 built from a GSM Pre2). I've been on wifi since I did the update last night, but when I went out and about this morning, I finally realized that my data connection wouldn't pop up. Good thing this is now my backup phone, but I figure I'll probably have to meta-doctor it back to full functionality.
    Last edited by appsotutely; 12/22/2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barbedwiredave View Post
    Yes, I have! Seems to be a problem with File Mgr Svc. I've removed and reinstalled both several times, to no avail.

Ideas, anyone?!?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    where did the penguin from the beginning of boot come from? does anyone know where in the file system it is stored and what is the name? /usr/palm/images maybe?
    I believe the penguin came from the meta-doctor. I'm not sure how you would go about getting it back, as I'm sure the OTA update replaced the file with the HP logo.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Am I the only one that's ended up with a broken ROM from the OTA update?
    I have an unlocked GSM Pre 2 that I Frakened to Sprint. During that process, I used the stock unlocked Doctor to flash the phone. Everything has been working fine for months now. When I applied the OTA update last night, I ended up with a phone that wouldn't boot.
    I removed UberKernel, but left most of the other patches in place. I did NOT run EPR on the phone, and that may have been part of my problem. It took a very long time for the update to apply (close to an hour). After it rebooted, I got the nice Triangle with '!' and the palm.com/ROM url screen.
    I meta doctored the phone with the correct 2.2.4 script, and everything is working now. I of course had to wait for all of my apps to download, but my profile appeared to be in tact, even though my 'HP WEBOS ACCOUNT' info was blank in the Device Info app.
    The download showed up again as available, so I let it re-install. This time it added the SIM Manager app back in. I love how helpful that app is on a CDMA network.
    I now see Skype as an option under the phone preferences, my account info is showing up in the Device Information screen, I've been getting SMS texts on my Touchpad, and the phone appears to be rock solid again.
    I have reinstalled tons of patches, but I'm currently missing my '3G' icon and my battery as percent in the top bar. I can't wait for the kernels to get updated. This community is really the best in the world.
    Hope this helps someone out. I really took the long way around getting 2.2.4 on my phone, but if it had been any other platform I'm pretty sure it would be bricked by now.
    Successfully updated my frankenPre2 today. Everything seems fine except Quickoffice won't open documents I was previously opening on the Pre2, and I can only send sms messages from my Touchpad after pairing. Any incoming sms messages will not show on the Touchpad.

-Skippy
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Sprintified Verizon Franken-Pre2... Failed on the validation step twice now. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiatt View Post
    Sprintified Verizon Franken-Pre2... Failed on the validation step twice now. Ugh.
    Mine failed a few times. It's working fine now, though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Anybody having problems with Ndrive? I can't get it to acquire a GPS signal, but maps picks up a signal fine, as does the GPS info app.

Edit: Nevermind, I uninstalled and reinstalled, everything's good now.
    Last edited by bigbradbad; 12/22/2011 at 07:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I absent mindedly started the 2.2.4 OTA update while packing for my trip without first running EPR and also messed up my ROM. Meta-doctoring it now, fortunately I recently backed up my data and save/restore archive so I didn't lose anything. Looking forward to using mms with my touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghampton14 View Post
    Am I the only one that's ended up with a broken ROM from the OTA update?
    I have an unlocked GSM Pre 2 that I Frakened to Sprint. During that process, I used the stock unlocked Doctor to flash the phone. Everything has been working fine for months now. When I applied the OTA update last night, I ended up with a phone that wouldn't boot.
    I removed UberKernel, but left most of the other patches in place. I did NOT run EPR on the phone, and that may have been part of my problem. It took a very long time for the update to apply (close to an hour). After it rebooted, I got the nice Triangle with '!' and the palm.com/ROM url screen.
    I meta doctored the phone with the correct 2.2.4 script, and everything is working now. I of course had to wait for all of my apps to download, but my profile appeared to be in tact, even though my 'HP WEBOS ACCOUNT' info was blank in the Device Info app.
    The download showed up again as available, so I let it re-install. This time it added the SIM Manager app back in. I love how helpful that app is on a CDMA network.
    I now see Skype as an option under the phone preferences, my account info is showing up in the Device Information screen, I've been getting SMS texts on my Touchpad, and the phone appears to be rock solid again.
    I have reinstalled tons of patches, but I'm currently missing my '3G' icon and my battery as percent in the top bar. I can't wait for the kernels to get updated. This community is really the best in the world.
    Hope this helps someone out. I really took the long way around getting 2.2.4 on my phone, but if it had been any other platform I'm pretty sure it would be bricked by now.
    After you doctored/restored, did you lose your previous sms and phone log history? Similar to you, I have a GSM->Sprint Frankenpre2, and I ran the OTA update without running EPR first (I did not remove Uberkernel either). Now my phone is running SLUGGISH AS HELL -- I ran EPR and installed the stock Kernel with no improvement. I'm thinking of doctoring and rebuilding, but don't want to lose my sms/phone log, and was not sure if the built-in backup restores these?
    backup restored my sms and phone logs

Quote Originally Posted by markboy08 View Post
    After you doctored/restored, did you lose your previous sms and phone log history? Similar to you, I have a GSM->Sprint Frankenpre2, and I ran the OTA update without running EPR first (I did not remove Uberkernel either). Now my phone is running SLUGGISH AS HELL -- I ran EPR and installed the stock Kernel with no improvement. I'm thinking of doctoring and rebuilding, but don't want to lose my sms/phone log, and was not sure if the built-in backup restores these?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Everything seems fine except Quickoffice won't open documents I was previously opening on the Pre2
    For what it's worth, Smart Office (allows editing, better PDF browsing and wow... interesting interface) is 50% off in the App Catalog right now, $5.

Also, I also had SMS history in tact after OTA plus partial erase to fix app issues. When did that start getting included in backups?
    Have you found a solution? I meta doctored back to 2.1, ota updated and still can not get Internalz pro working.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Yes, I have! Seems to be a problem with File Mgr Svc. I've removed and reinstalled both several times, to no avail.

Ideas, anyone?!?
    NOTE:
    FYI to the Members...

The webOS team went out of their way to include "Sprintified" Pre 2's (FrankenPre2's) in this software update. So if you see an HP employee in the forums (or in real life for that matter), be sure to give them a big hug and/or a thank you to show your love!
    ananimus likes this.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    [NOTE]FYI to the Members...

The webOS team went out of their way to include "Sprintified" Pre 2's (FrankenPre2's) in this software update. So if you see an HP employee in the forums (or in real life for that matter), be sure to give them a big hug and/or a thank you to show your love! [/NOTE]
    Wow, thanks! Yes, looked like it but I didn't realize "went out of their way", sounds like that was hard. I assume now that it at least meant disabling the server prohibition against registering the franken phones.
    Well, you have to remember that the Pre2 was never released on Sprint. So it was a conscious (and very cool) decision on their part to add manpower into offering an update to a version that was never officially released - not to mention a version of a phone that was basically cobbled together from parts by those benefiting from the update. How cool are they?!
    cuppa_joe likes this.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Well, you have to remember that the Pre2 was never released on Sprint. So it was a conscious (and very cool) decision on their part to add manpower into offering an update to a version that was never officially released - not to mention a version of a phone that was basically cobbled together from parts by those benefiting from the update. How cool are they?!
    Agreed. Tres cool.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast