Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi guys.

After using TouchPad for 3 months, I decided to buy a 2nd hand Pre 2 to replace my Milestone. because I like the snappy experience of WebOS!

I'm prepared to have much less software, but I need an IM to talk with my wife, who is using iPhone 4... Could you recommend one that are on both platforms?

Firstly I have to exclude Skeype from the discussion for personal reason. I have thought about Gtalk, but iPhone doesn't have official client of Gtalk, only Vtok. what else are good?

Thank you!
    I believe TextOne is cross-platform, I tried it once between my gf's Android phone and my tablet, but I just prefer sending texts from phone to phone the old-fashioned way.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    TextOne is available for iOS and Android. I convinced my friends to install it because I don't have WhatsApp. It's ugly, but does its work most of the times. The good thing is you don't need to have the app open.

Prior to the 2.2.4 update the Live Messenger from the homebrew plugins was pretty good (because MSN Live Messenger was implemented in Synergy and Messaging).

Apart from these, there is an App called Agile Messenger which has various clients (ICQ, FB chat, MSN, AIM) but it's not free.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I believe TextOne is cross-platform, I tried it once between my gf's Android phone and my tablet, but I just prefer sending texts from phone to phone the old-fashioned way.
    TextOne stopped working.

Just use Google Talk... I never understood the point of all these IM programs.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    my gf is outside of canada, so texting is not an option...
    I believe the developer discontinued textone support for webos.

I use mundu IM, you can message via aol, facebook, gtalk thru that...yahoo supposedly too but I've never gotten yahoo messenger to work
    I am sure Google Talk or Yahoo Messenger that's available through synergy in the messaging app is sufficient for this.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    TextOne stopped working.

Just use Google Talk... I never understood the point of all these IM programs.
    TextOne still works for me. I don't know if there is no support anymore (although their support was awful the one time I contacted them), but I'm using it every day.
    Yahoo! Messenger started working again on Synergy after I updated my unlocked GSM Pre to 2.2.4. :-)
    Might I recommend Google Voice, since it pretty much works everywhere, and can forward to SMS and Email?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I'm sure several free IM apps in iOS support Google, and it's part of Synergy, too, so why not use this?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    My wife uses this client for Google Talk on iOS:
    App Store - Chat for Google Talk with Push

There's a free version, but it's worth spending the $1 for the plus version with push notifications. Otherwise you're only logged in while the application is facing. Works fine with her using that and me using Messaging on my Pre2 or Touchpad.