1.    #1  
    I want to start with a clean fresh doctored phone.
    I perform a FULL ERASE, doctor the Pre2 but as soon as I log into my webos account it brings back everything... even the settings and apps I don't want to reinstall...

When you doctor a TouchPad it asks you if you want to restore from the backup or manually go through the process...

Anyway to rebuild the phone with apps manually without having to create a new account!!!

Any help is appreciated. I'm going MAD...
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

How about, remove the settings you don't want, perform a backup then do the full erase again?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    All your settings/apps are backed up to your Palm Profile. If you want to start over fresh, then just make a new Palm Profile account.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    All your settings/apps are backed up to your Palm Profile. If you want to start over fresh, then just make a new Palm Profile account.
    Well what if he had purchased apps? He'd lose it all.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

remove accounts and apps you don't want. Manually run the backup. Then doctor. Should work fine.
  6.    #6  
    OK I have removed everything I did not want and ran a backup.

Even gone through some settings removal, but there is no way to restore the settings to original config to start fresh. Some of the patches even though removed from the device are leaving some scars I would like to get rid of.

As mentionned by ToniCipriani I have purchased apps I would like to be able to reinstall, so creating a new Pam Profile is not the proper option for me.

Apps are not as much an issue as settings and some preferences I'd really wish to get rid of. A neat thing would be to have the option to backup only some items and forgo others. Choice is always good.

That might be a good patch to look or wish for !

It's almost Xmas.. Can anyone help???
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

Quote Originally Posted by RICKV View Post
    Some of the patches even though removed from the device are leaving some scars I would like to get rid of.
    I seriously doubt that any patch or it's effects are backed up in your Palm profile. First turn of 'backup'. Then as suggested earlier in the thread, simply remove everything you don't want, that includes accounts and settings. Then turn on 'backup' and do a manual backup. This ought to do it.

PS: It might make it easier to help you resolve any issues, if you were to give an example of something that is being restored by your profile 'backup' and which you don't want.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    why not just turn off backup and doctor? It will save his account and purchase record but wipe the phone clean
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    why not just turn off backup and doctor? It will save his account and purchase record but wipe the phone clean
    You still need to run Backups once otherwise you'll get the old backups back.

really? Because when you turn it off it says that it will delete your backups. I never tried though so I don't know
  11.    #11  
    Some of the issues I experienced were behaviours generated by patches, like no key sounds in the phone apps, reset menu when holding the power switch where the menu would only show cancel and some blank spaces, no notifications on txt messages brought by the advanced txt messaging patch.

I also could not get in the screen and lock menu as it would reboot my phone every time.

And these were experienced on a freshly doctored device... after the backup had been fully restored. also there were some applications settings that were brought back, for instance all the free tether settings would be as I had configured them when I re-installed the application and the list goes on and on...

I was able to clear pretty much everything, but almost manually.

I uninstalled all the apps I did not want anymore, all the patches with EPR, removed any homebrew stuff, opened the novaterm and clean out folders that were not needed anymore.

I rebooted a number of times through this process, making sure no traces were left of what was removed, ran a backup once I was satisfied that everything was OK and then I doctored.

Took me a full evening to get to this point... not a friendly process I would say. I have to say that the EPR process works very well and might have been enough to get me where I wanted, but while I was at it I went all the way.

The quirks that would come back are now gone and I have a phone that work well for me now.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

12.    #12  
    BTW I did not try the disable backup method as I was too afraid I would lose my purchased app info which I did not want to happen.

I would be curious to know if turning off backup affects your purchased app info in the catalogue? Your purchased app info is asigned to your webOS account and backup should not be interleaved allowing you to do just what I wanted to acheive though...

Just curious
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

When you turn off backups (and erase account) the apps you've purchased will NOT automatically load on your phone when you sign in again.
    However, the catalog will allow you to download the previously purchased apps for free. You just habe to remember which apps you had.
    Turning off the backup does not affect your purchased apps. Palm/HP maintains the list of purchased apps regardless. Thus, all you have to do is switch the backup back on, before resetting your phone and your apps will download automatically when you sign back in with your profile.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad