1.    #1  
    I have a strange problem since updating to webos 2.2.4.
    When i receive a call and the number is in my contact list it is displayed as "voicemail" instead of the corresponding name.
    Also all the calls in my phone history have a label "voicemail"
    Anyone else has this problem?
  2.    #2  
    No one with this problem? It seems that the phone does not match a incoming or outgoing call to a stored contact and just displays it as the word "voicemail"
    Sorry - working fine on 2.2.4 here (Vodafone UK).
    I have the same problem.
  5.    #5  
    Tried different regional settings and a couple of other things, makes no difference...
    One thing a noticed: the numbers stored only on my sim card like info numbers from my provider or contacts that only exist on my sim card (contacts with only name en phone number, no other info) are correctly displayed. So it seems there is a bug with contacts stored on the phone.....
    Is there a way to delete the contacts stored on the phone so that i can only use the contacts stored on my sim card? (Without a full erase of my phone).
    My 5 year old Nokia has more options to control the contacts than my pre 2 :-(
  6.    #6  
    Did a full erase with a restore of data and without a restore, makes no difference..., thank you hp for 2.2.4
    I think I know what te reason is. Now looking to get a solution.

The problem is that WebOS 2.2.4 needs a 'voicemailnumer' on the sim (I think it is the sim).
    When you go to the phone-app -> preferences & accounts : there is a box where a voicemailnumber can be displayed. This is empty. There has to be a number in it, but I can't change it.

If I put my wife's sim in my phone, there is a number filled in in, and then there is no problem. An incomming call displays now the right name.

So, how can I put a voicemail number in the box there? (by phone-app -> preferences & accounts )
    hmm. I have an uneditable contact on my SIM called "Voice Mail". Don't know if maybe you could add that, and it would stick it, or if it has to be enabled by the carrier, or preprogrammed to the SIM or how that works.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schanske View Post
    I think I know what te reason is. Now looking to get a solution.
    The problem is that WebOS 2.2.4 needs a 'voicemailnumer' on the sim (I think it is the sim).
    When you go to the phone-app -> preferences & accounts : there is a box where a voicemailnumber can be displayed. This is empty. There has to be a number in it, but I can't change it.
    Same thing on my phone, voicenumber box is empty, but that was also the case before the update.
    Adding a contact "Voicemail" is not a solution.
    Just like eblade i also have a standard contact on my sim called "Voice Mail" that is uneditable.
    Maybe the carrier has to pipe that data to it.. not really sure how GSM works for that stuff, i'm more of a CDMA guy.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    This did the job for me:

I tried to follow this HOWTO: Edit your carrierdb.json file procedure.

I was not able to get the file '/etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json' with WebOS Quickinstaller, so I extracted from a WebOS doctorfile (WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals)

I've edited the file and replace the voicemailnumber for my carrier from'+' to '1933'

For example: My carrier is Base. If you search for base.be in the file carrierdb.json. You see a lot of settings about this carrier. One of the settings is "voicemailNumber":"+". That "+" I've changed in "1933".

Then I uploaded the file with WebOS Quickinstaller and rebooted the phone.

Now it works fine. I can now see the name of who's calling me.

Good luck,
    Peter
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schanske View Post
    This did the job for me:

I tried to follow this HOWTO: Edit your carrierdb.json file procedure.

I was not able to get the file '/etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json' with WebOS Quickinstaller, so I extracted from a WebOS doctorfile (WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals)

I've edited the file and replace the voicemailnumber for my carrier from'+' to '1933'

For example: My carrier is Base. If you search for base.be in the file carrierdb.json. You see a lot of settings about this carrier. One of the settings is "voicemailNumber":"+". That "+" I've changed in "1933".

Then I uploaded the file with WebOS Quickinstaller and rebooted the phone.

Now it works fine. I can now see the name of who's calling me.

Good luck,
    Peter
    Thanks Peter! I just tried this, hope it will work ... now I just need people to call me :-D
    If it works, I'll pay you a beer!!
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
  13.    #13  
    Strange things happen... a month ago the problem solved itself, every contact was displayed correctly without making any changes.
    But since yesterday every call i receive is again displayed as voicemail, all the calls in the phone history received a label voicemail, also the ones from last month that where displayed correct previously.