1.    #1  
    Help please guys, I`m stuck.

My Pre 2 installed 2.2.4 by itself overnight, this morning every time I enter my pin code it just reboots.
    I`ve Doctored it back to a previous version I had but it`s still doing the same thing. I can connect to WebOSQI and navigate around via a terminal session but as soon as I disconnect It reboots again.

Any advice will be much appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by murts View Post
    Help please guys, I`m stuck.

My Pre 2 installed 2.2.4 by itself overnight, this morning every time I enter my pin code it just reboots.
    I`ve Doctored it back to a previous version I had but it`s still doing the same thing. I can connect to WebOSQI and navigate around via a terminal session but as soon as I disconnect It reboots again.

Any advice will be much appreciated.
    54 views and no advice, come on guys there's a desperate man here......
    There is a reason why I had not answered: Never heard such story.
    I would try to get all logfiles:
    /media/internal/messages*
    EDIT: sorry it is /var/log/messages*
    You get the most recent one as messages and the older once as messages.<number>.gz as compressed files.
    By knowing the time the reboot happens you might be able to get some hint about the error.
  4.    #4  
    hi somline, thanks for the advice but I'm double struggling now, I tried doctoring again which completed successfully, but now I can't connect via WebOSQI to look at any logs or anything.
    After Doctoring if I log into my Palm Profile and set up my Exchange account and pin then it reboots and then asks for my pin, after entering my pin it reboots.
    After Doctoring if I log into my Palm Profile and skip setting up my Exchange account and pin then it reboots and then continually reboots without getting ever getting passed the HP logo.

It's not well.
    did you try using a new profile? Maybe you profile is curupt?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    did you try using a new profile? Maybe you profile is curupt?
    How odd, I re-doctored and tried a new profile and it worked.
    Then re-doctored and tried my old profile, reboot problem.
    So I re-doctored again using the new profile and all is good.

Thanks for the fix, i'm completely bemused that a profile can cause such an issue, but such is life.

Thanks again.