Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The single worst decision by HP/Palm, was to rewrite the phone app in Enyo. The phone app was not only far more functional before, but it also ran much smoother than it does now in it's Enyo avtaar. The reason you see no benefit to it, is because there is none.
    And how come they released it. Did they actually test it and decided this is good
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    And how come they released it. Did they actually test it and decided this is good
    It's hard for anyone with reasonable intelligence to answer that. I suppose the geniuses at HP/Palm know something that no one else seems to be able to figure out. Honestly, sometimes it actually seems that there is a determined effort by HP to ensure the failure of webOS. Almost, as if someone was paying them to sabotage the whole project.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Sanjay,

I really wish you would stop talking about things you do not understand, as well as get an attitude adjustment. I don't think there's a single thread that you have commented in, during the time that I've been here, where you aren't complaining about how much you don't understand software development, how stupid other people are, and how UNHAPPY you are with your various webOS stuff. Maybe it's time you moved on.

laingman,
    Of course they tested it. This is basically the same phone app that the Pre 3 users have had since release, and that TouchPad users have had since release. There appear to be some formatting issues involving the smaller screen size, but the app itself works fine. It is an entirely different app, and frankly, they shouldn't have tried to clone the appearance of the original phone app, but what can you do about that? not much. Imagine how ****ed off people would be if it had changed appearance drastically

BTW, Skype calls work amazingly well, way better than on the TouchPad usually.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Garrett92C likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Sanjay,

I really wish you would stop talking about things you do not understand, as well as get an attitude adjustment. I don't think there's a single thread that you have commented in, during the time that I've been here, where you aren't complaining about how much you don't understand software development, how stupid other people are, and how UNHAPPY you are with your various webOS stuff. Maybe it's time you moved on.
    eblade,

I really wish people such as yourself would learn to mind their own business and maybe it is you who needs to get an attitude adjustment. As for my understanding of software development, maybe you are right and I don't. But what I do understand and which something software geniuses such as yourself do not seem to get a grasp of, is basic common sense and the old adage, LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE. More importantly, it is foolish at the least, to change things just for the sake of change. Specially if you have nothing to add or improve and even worse, when the changes actually reduce both functionality and performance. By the way, who died and left you to speak on behalf of HP/Palm? Even if so, then I still have not seen you explain the improvements and or benefits of this new and great Enyo version of the phone app.

I have been invested in Palm/webOS, both as a consumer with my money and also as an avid, very vocal supporter, for far longer than most here, including yourself. Therefore, I have the right to complain about things that I find inexplicable in HP's handling of webOS and I certainly don't need the likes of you, telling me how or when I should move on. If you don't agree with or like my posts, then learn to ignore them. But at the very least, in future please have the courtesy to keep your discourteous advice to yourself.

Of course they tested it.
    Really? How would you know? If they did, then all it shows is their very poor standards for acceptable quality.

This is basically the same phone app that the Pre 3 users have had since release
    Which is why it is no less crappy than it is on the Pre3 with 2.2.3 and why it has frustrated most Pre3 users from the very beginning. There are many good things to be said about the Pre3 (with 2.2.3 & 2.2.4) in comparison to the Pre2 (prior to 2.2.4), but the phone app is certainly not one of them. The Enyo phone app, is in fact, a major step back in the usability and performance of the devices in their primary function, of that as a phone.

There appear to be some formatting issues involving the smaller screen size, but the app itself works fine.
    The issues are greater than just some formatting issues. The app runs very sluggishly and scrolling in the call log is not only very jerky, but at times, inexplicably freezes. Not to mention, that you can no longer select the order of your favorites, Also, the app many times refuses to remember the selected default number for a particular favorite.

Its a phone so the phone app should be perfect. What would have been wrong with holding off on releasing the Enyo version until they got the issues worked out and tested out the Enyo on some other app
    Sanjay and Loiter like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Its a phone so the phone app should be perfect. What would have been wrong with holding off on releasing the Enyo version until they got the issues worked out and tested out the Enyo on some other app
    Thank you. Exactly my point. It is hard to defend and stand up for webOS and the Pre3 (now also the Pre2 with 2.2.4), when the phone app itself sucks. It most certainly raises doubts regarding the intentions and or the aptitude of the people behind the decision, to replace a reasonably featured and performing phone app in their flagship device, with one that can barely be called functional.

Here's a little thing that I'm irritated about. I noticed today that they changed my email signature to say "Sent from my HP Pre". It is a friggin PALM phone! I hope they only did that to people that still had the default signature. I can't remember if I had customized mine because it's not my primary phone.

/rant

Well the first thing i noticed with my Pre2 2.2.4 Phone app was the missing "reverse number lookup" patch, which was of course an mojo patch. Well that was ok as it is a patch and could be developed again.

But as alternative i thought copying the unknown number in the phone app and searching in webbrowser could do the job, but marking and copying is not possible in the Enyo phone app.

What also often fails on 2.2.4 Browser is copying text even if the copy notification apears, some old text is still in clipboard. Haven't found a way to reproduce it stable or a way to fix it if this copying fails for me.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Here's a little thing that I'm irritated about. I noticed today that they changed my email signature to say "Sent from my HP Pre". It is a friggin PALM phone! I hope they only did that to people that still had the default signature. I can't remember if I had customized mine because it's not my primary phone.

/rant

I saw it too and I changed it to "Palm Pre2"
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I saw it too and I changed it to "Palm Pre2"
    I changed it to "PALM Pre2". Note the all caps. Of course, nobody will get it but us. :/

Ok, yeah, it does sound kind of stupid.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/31/2012 at 07:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    shhhhh! You don't have to shout!

Now, I saw this too. What I did is went into contacts.google.com, and I noticed there was "My Contacts" and "Other Contacts". I had exactly the same number of google contacts in my phone (look at your account info) as in My Contacts. So I moved Other contacts to My Contacts and, voila!
    I didn't shout dude!!! Read it well!!!

The solution is simple: I change my google's password because it has characters such "*" so I quit that character and I have once again all my contacts and calendars!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    But you Bold it all!
    ***???

In absolutely every forum in which I participate, I write in bold and is the first time in over a thousand posts that someone says me that bold equals shout!!!???

El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    ***???

In absolutely every forum in which I participate, I write in bold and is the first time in over a thousand posts that someone says me that bold equals shout!!!???

THIS IS SHOUTING!!!

This is standing out or this or this... Different maybe, but I was under the impression that all caps = shouting...

However, I think siobhanellis was just having a bit of fun with you...

Personally I would not have bothered to explain.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    THIS IS SHOUTING!!!

This is standing out or this or this... Different maybe, but I was under the impression that all caps = shouting...

However, I think siobhanellis was just having a bit of fun with you...

Personally I would not have bothered to explain.
    Whatever you say dude!!!

NOW I REALLY SHOUT: EVERYONE SAY WHAT THEY'RE THINKING...BUT WHAT YOU THINKING IS REALLY TRUTH DUDE!!!??? I DON'T THINK SO...

Someone isn't willing to accept reality here..
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Someone isn't willing to accept reality here..
    Then disable all text formatting options for all write as flat as you are suggesting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Whatever you say dude!!!

NOW I REALLY SHOUT: EVERYONE SAY WHAT THEY'RE THINKING...BUT WHAT YOU THINKING IS REALLY TRUTH DUDE!!!??? I DON'T THINK SO...

I was agreeing with you, Brother... No sarcasm was intended.

Post as you like. I see individuals who format all their posts a certain way in a lot of forums. Don't mean a thang except they want a certain personal style and flair. No harm in it.

I still say that siobhanellis was not serious when he posted about yelling and you needn't have bothered. Especially when the post he made was over 9 months ago.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I was agreeing with you, Brother... No sarcasm was intended.

Post as you like. I see individuals who format all their posts a certain way in a lot of forums. Don't mean a thang except they want a certain personal style and flair. No harm in it.

I still say that siobhanellis was not serious when he posted about yelling and you needn't have bothered. Especially when the post he made was over 9 months ago.
    Thanks!!!...I agree with your understanding!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456