Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    After some time with the update I can say that it seems sometimes that the Power button does not turn off the screen. It just gets the phone to the "unlock" screen. Then you have to press the Power button again and maybe you will get lucky. Even then, the screen may turn on automatically.
    Moreover, even if it indeed the phone screen goes off after pressing the Power button, sometimes if you touch the screen or even if you move the phone (!!) the screen turns on again.
    It's like the phone is not really "hibernating" at the moment, but just has the screen turned off and everything else is still working.
    I can't explain it any better than that.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I've not experienced this.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    i had the same issue regarding the photos into exchange contacts. i made a little modification to every contact and now i have the photos.

i have the captive portal notification that drive me crazy.

i see that pre2 is not really fast as before and there is a battery drain but i don't know why.

regards
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    After some time with the update I can say that it seems sometimes that the Power button does not turn off the screen. It just gets the phone to the "unlock" screen. Then you have to press the Power button again and maybe you will get lucky. Even then, the screen may turn on automatically.
    Moreover, even if it indeed the phone screen goes off after pressing the Power button, sometimes if you touch the screen or even if you move the phone (!!) the screen turns on again.
    It's like the phone is not really "hibernating" at the moment, but just has the screen turned off and everything else is still working.
    I get this behavior sometimes. i know exactly what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    I get this behavior sometimes. i know exactly what you're talking about.
    I get this every now and then too
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    I noticed with neato! that the notification bar icon is now the generic moon. It lost the "n!" with the update.
    Same here partner!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    ...........Voice Dial icon now stays where I put it (EDIT: Nevermind)...........
    That icon is a crap!!! It has its own life.....it is moving without my permission!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I have the same trouble with my Palm Pre 2 unlocked!!! It's annoying!!! Very, very, very, very...................annoying!!!

Damn it HP........Why you do so many foolish things with our poor webOS!!!???

I have a big, big, big problem with Google:

When I was on webOS 2.1.0, I can´t sync my Google calendar, but everything else is OK (email, contacts...)!!! Now with webOS 2.2.4 I can´t sync my Google contacts too!!!!!!!!

What's the matter there!!!??? Anyone else with this problem??????

Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    I have a big, big, big problem with Google:

When I was on webOS 2.1.0, I can´t sync my Google calendar, but everything else is OK (email, contacts...)!!! Now with webOS 2.2.4 I can´t sync my Google contacts too!!!!!!!!
    shhhhh! You don't have to shout!

Now, I saw this too. What I did is went into contacts.google.com, and I noticed there was "My Contacts" and "Other Contacts". I had exactly the same number of google contacts in my phone (look at your account info) as in My Contacts. So I moved Other contacts to My Contacts and, voila!
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    OK. New one, spotted by my partner.

The really cool extra on messaging of getting 20 "smileys" up by pressing "orange + space" no longer works :-(
    Siobhán

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    OK. New one, spotted by my partner.

The really cool extra on messaging of getting 20 "smileys" up by pressing "orange + space" no longer works :-(
    That still works for me. It only works in an existing conversation, though -- As far as I know, it never did work for the first message in a conversation, even in 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    shhhhh! You don't have to shout!

Now, I saw this too. What I did is went into contacts.google.com, and I noticed there was "My Contacts" and "Other Contacts". I had exactly the same number of google contacts in my phone (look at your account info) as in My Contacts. So I moved Other contacts to My Contacts and, voila!
    Shout!!!!!?????

I didn't do it!!! I never use capital letters!!!

On the other hand....thanks 4 the solution....I'm gonna try it out!!!

My regards dude!!!
    Last edited by sshaka; 01/07/2012 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    That still works for me. It only works in an existing conversation, though -- As far as I know, it never did work for the first message in a conversation, even in 2.1.
    #tips

I never even knew that was there. Thanks, folks!
    Shout!!!!!?????

I didn't do it!!! I never use capital letters!!!
    But you Bold it all!

On the other hand....thanks 4 the solution....I'm gonna try it out!!!

My regards dude!!!
    Dudette ;-)
    Siobhán

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I just tried to create a new conversation and the smileys work in the first message.
    Please can OP aggregate all changes in first post?
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    Please can OP aggregate all changes in first post?
    I aggregated problems in this thread over here: Known issues and fixes for 2.2.4
    So the phone app is now Enyo, I can't see any real benefits but now when I receive a call the contact photo is real small and distorted (squished). I don't want to see anything distorted on my phone. Grrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So the phone app is now Enyo, I can't see any real benefits
    The single worst decision by HP/Palm, was to rewrite the phone app in Enyo. The phone app was not only far more functional before, but it also ran much smoother than it does now in it's Enyo avtaar. The reason you see no benefit to it, is because there is none.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast