Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 119
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #21  
    My Pre2 (EU) has definitely gotten more sluggish now... (just installed the update, will see what happens after a few hours).

    What bugs me is that, in some places, the UI is not as beautiful and crisp as it was before. The Phone->Preferences & Accounts is an example... where you'll find:
    • The labels and sliders don't line-up at the center of their respective rows.
    • Several labels themselves don't line-up correctly at the left margins.
    • There are awkward separator lines in many places.
    • Then, the list rows don't have equal heights. (e.g., between Manual Settings and Edit Network Settings)

    It's a shoddy job, HP! You messed-up what Palm did right the first time.

    It's going to be a looooooong winter... waiting for this to be fixed.

    I'm seriously considering going back to 2.1.0.
    Game over!
  2. #22  
    Anyone having power consumption issues after 2.2.4 update with their Pre 3? My power consumption has increased almost ten fold. These were taken at idle with screen off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. joz292's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Anyone having power consumption issues after 2.2.4 update with their Pre 3? My power consumption has increased almost ten fold. These were taken at idle with screen off.
    I'm on the EU Pre 2 and power consumption did go crazy for the first 2-3 days. I suspect it's probably due to some sort of internal update process and cell activity etc, since the phone itself also felt much more sluggish than usual. The last 2 days it's back to normal.

    Other differences I noticed on 2.2.4:
    - after I lock the phone, it used to go straight to sleep and darkens the screen. After the update, it goes to sleep as usual when locked, but often it wakes itself up after a few seconds, and then it goes back to sleep again. Not a huge thing but distracting as I think I am getting an alert.
    - labels for the wave icons are now smaller
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    You have to put your device back into developer mode for WOSQI to see your device
    I ended up having to uninstall Palm PDK/SDK, and uninstalling nova completely, then installing the latest versions. Now, I'm able to get connectivity via WOSQI again.
  5. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by joz292 View Post
    I'm on the EU Pre 2 and power consumption did go crazy for the first 2-3 days. I suspect it's probably due to some sort of internal update process and cell activity etc, since the phone itself also felt much more sluggish than usual. The last 2 days it's back to normal.

    Other differences I noticed on 2.2.4:
    - after I lock the phone, it used to go straight to sleep and darkens the screen. After the update, it goes to sleep as usual when locked, but often it wakes itself up after a few seconds, and then it goes back to sleep again. Not a huge thing but distracting as I think I am getting an alert.
    - labels for the wave icons are now smaller

    I'm not sure about consumption but maybe it's true.
    However thank you for the second remark. I thought I was going crazy. I just lock it and then touch the screen and it turns on, or not even by touching it. I don't know how serious this is, but it happens often.

    Also today it got really sluggish. I mean very slow, like there was no RAM available or something (and with only one card open). I don't know if others experienced a problem. I use some patches, but I think it happened after last night when I used Skype for the first time.
    After some device restarts and a full shutdown with no results, I removed the Skype accounts and it seems to have healed itself. I'll be monitoring its performance.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    Oh, this is sooo cool! I just had to visit the App Catalog to download and install. Awesome!
    well that only works if you're not forced to set region as "other". Then it'll only work if you set country code on all your phone numbers. I have 400+ . Sucks.
    WebOS still makes sense.
  7. jmleese's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #27  
    Installed this morning & seems to be much smoother and stable for me.. batt life may be a bit better but def. not worse
  8. #28  
    New Youtube app
    New Mobile Hotspot
    Software Manager new icon? I thought it used to be orange (inside of bag)
    Voice Dial icon now stays where I put it (EDIT: Nevermind)
    Voice Dial seems screwed up visually
    Wave Launcher Fonts seems a bit small
    The password lock screen seems slightly different. (Enyo based?)
    Phone app is uber laggy-slow. when initiating a skype call (echo123) i dont see the in-call screen, usually. <- havent messed with the phone app before though

    Oh yea, I have a US GSM Pre 2 - Wi-Fi Only
    Last edited by xandros9; 12/24/2011 at 06:12 AM.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  9. #29  
    Updated my NA GSM Unlocked Pre 2 in Peru a couple of hours ago and the phone app feels really sluggish. Also the swipe action on a contact shows the "cancel" and "delete" options not as high res as before. Adding a "favorite" takes forever.. scrolling on the calls log of favorites is painful.

    Someone else with these problems?
  10. #30  
    I have an IPK for SprintTV. The exact same IPK that worked on 2.1.0 will launch the app on 2.2.4 but will not bring up the media player. So something in the APIs or codec support changed.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    Updated my NA GSM Unlocked Pre 2 in Peru a couple of hours ago and the phone app feels really sluggish. Also the swipe action on a contact shows the "cancel" and "delete" options not as high res as before. Adding a "favorite" takes forever.. scrolling on the calls log of favorites is painful.

    Someone else with these problems?
    The phone app in webOS 2.2.x is now enyo based and is totally crap. I wish HP could learn to leave well enough alone. Now courtesy these updates, we are now stuck with webOS phones that will forever have a crappy phone dialer app. HP has taken everything that was nice about webOS and destroyed it.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  12. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #32  
    The phone app loads faster in my case, but is very ugly and unresponsive in general.
    Last edited by Loiter; 12/22/2011 at 02:49 AM.
  13. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #33  
    anybody notice that. sliding out the keyboard dosent unlock the phone anymore? you have to push the power button. and my keyboard backlight wont lightup at times.
  14. #34  
    Aside from some slight formatting glitches, I kind of like the phone app.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  15. #35  
    Click hang up and wait 4 seconds for a visual response and another 3 for it to hang up
  16. mauro1's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #36  
    Apparently Bluetooth behavior reverted back to v1.4.5 behavior when simultaneously connecting to a car handsfree and a headphone device. In v1.4.5 it wouldn't do it. In v2.1.0 it did connect (but the call sound quality was horrible due to choppy sound). In v2.2.4 apparently only one audio device can be connected at one time.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  17. #37  
    So it seems like messaging with the touchpad and skype support are th only advantages to this upgrade, but a lot of things dont work as good as before?

    If that's the case I think I will pass.
  18. #38  
    Ok, I've read through pages and pages of comments about this latest update and have yet to see someone say anything positive about it (except for the obvious touchpad SMS integration and Skype). I'm guessing then its not recommended to update?

    From all I read, it's pure crap filled with webkit font problems, fuzzy icons, lag and horrible battery life. The phone app sucks and there were no bug fixes for some of the most glaring problems with 2.1 (voice dialing is still broken and SMS can still take up to 8 seconds to send)
  19. #39  
    Is there a screen shot of the phone app on here somewhere? I didn't notice any difference on my NA Pre2 - Enyo looks very different from Mojo.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    anybody notice that. sliding out the keyboard dosent unlock the phone anymore? you have to push the power button. and my keyboard backlight wont lightup at times.
    I just double checked since I've had this happen a few times.

    It's not every time, but yes: this has happened to me a few times in the last two days. (I almost always turn it on by opening keyboard.)

    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    Ok, I've read through pages and pages of comments about this latest update and have yet to see someone say anything positive about it (except for the obvious touchpad SMS integration and Skype). I'm guessing then its not recommended to update?

    From all I read, it's pure crap filled with webkit font problems, fuzzy icons, lag and horrible battery life. The phone app sucks and there were no bug fixes for some of the most glaring problems with 2.1 (voice dialing is still broken and SMS can still take up to 8 seconds to send)
    The two new big additions were nice, but there are a lot of little things...

    Guess I'll just grin and try to help report the kinks!
    Last edited by ananimus; 12/23/2011 at 12:44 AM.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions