Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cakee View Post
    I have successfuly upgraded my vzw pre 2 to 2.2.4,thanks.The application CURRENCIES do not run properbly,it says RATE NOT LOADED.
    The CURRENCIES app looks for a file called currencies.xml on the web (which it fails to find as the developer no longer supports this app, the location of the xml is gone), so it fails to load the current currency exchange... This is not a fault of webOS 2.2.4 or the Verizon Script, yet an App issue, if you were to create the said file it will work correctly (this is my guess).

Looking thru the javascript it is seen as the variable currRate is set to 0, and then loaded from the file that is missing, so the logic then compares currRate with 0, and if it is set to 0 the Display is set to RATE NOT LOADED.

Not sure what the XML file is to look like, but if someone wanted to examine the code better, then my 5 second review they might be able to construct the XML file.
    The CURRENCIES app is down too now on my pre 3.BUT The rate is updated successfully on both pre 2 & pre 3.
    Last edited by cakee; 03/12/2013 at 02:01 PM.
    When upgraded vzw pre 2 to John Steffes's super 2.2.4 and patched Preware's patches,these patches may show unpatched in Preware even they keep fuctioning on phone.So,I think the SUPER is more speedy , less power consumed but less stable than the two others.
    Last edited by cakee; 03/08/2013 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cakee View Post
    When upgraded vzw pre 2 to John Steffes's super 2.2.4 and patched Preware's patches,these patches may show unpatched in Preware even they keep fuctioning on phone.So,I think the SUPER is more speedy , less power consumed but less stable than the two others.
    When you referring to upgrading your device to version WebOS 2.2.4 using Johns super scripts, less stable have you suffered crashes on your device any reboots? And when you talk about more speedy and less power consumption, what you mean? You notice battery life improvements ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Yes,It FEEL LIKE some battery life improvements .
    Last edited by cakee; 03/13/2013 at 05:38 AM.
    i have a vzw pre 2 with 2.1.0 is it better to stay on 2.1.0 or go for the 2.2.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by c4sper View Post
    i have a vzw pre 2 with 2.1.0 is it better to stay on 2.1.0 or go for the 2.2.4?
    I've tried both & John's Meta doctored 2.1with MAP seems more stable, more usable patches, with less reboots and freezes. My opionion
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678