Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Did you resolve your BlueTooth MAP issue?

FYI sometimes, deleting both preference files (on touchpad and phone) and re-setting up both BlueTooth profiles also fixes the unable to connect messaging (MAP) profile

To do that use the previous novaterm commands on the touchpad and then on the phone, then re-try syncing the devices...
    John,

first off thank s for taking the time to work with me on this.

Now this time around I went into bluetooth prefs on both devices and removed all discovered devices.
    Then I renamed the prefsDB on both devices
    reboot both and tried again...

no love
    I know it's a silly thing to spend so much time on but in some respects that's the fun of it all.

right now I'm going to go thru the contents of bt.tar and make sure everything copied over properly
    just for giggles I fired off my wife's touchpad and got the same exact thing...
    interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    John,

first off thank s for taking the time to work with me on this.

Now this time around I went into bluetooth prefs on both devices and removed all discovered devices.
    Then I renamed the prefsDB on both devices
    reboot both and tried again...

no love
    I know it's a silly thing to spend so much time on but in some respects that's the fun of it all.

right now I'm going to go thru the contents of bt.tar and make sure everything copied over properly
    just for giggles I fired off my wife's touchpad and got the same exact thing...
    interesting
    Well I have a few things, first your welcome and sorry that it is not working...

Before I got webOS 2.2.4 to work on my Pre2 and PrePlus I had webOS 2.1.0 on both and got this to work on both devices without any issues besides the two files that were in use that we rename to .old before the copy replace...

Depends on where you want to go from here, do not remember the device you have assume from this thread pre2, that I have several script in the meta doctor that will meld the new BlueTooth Profile you can keep webOS 2.1.0 and backup you device with meta-doctor, then meta-doctor with test-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 (which will bring down the new BlueTooth Map, GoogleMaps, MotionApps Classic Bits, Enyo, etc...) or you can jump to webOS 2.2.4 with the super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4...

Or we can attempt to fix the BlueTooth issue, some other database needs to be looked at if you have lumberjack and impostah, you might be able to shed light on what it is looking at.

Could also backup everything and then do a full erase and see if it fixes it then?

I know this process does work as I have done it on two devices and have about 1000PM emails that it has worked on other devices, but have heard of this error a few times now, but no one was able to take the time to figure out how to fix it. So if you can bare with me send me your log directory use tar on your device thru novaterm and backup the log directory and then pm me the content maybe in the messages log there is the answer?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/13/2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Well I have a few things, first your welcome and sorry that it is not working...

Before I got webOS 2.2.4 to work on my Pre2 and PrePlus I had webOS 2.1.0 on both and got this to work on both devices without any issues besides the two files that were in use that we rename to .old before the copy replace...

Depends on where you want to go from here, do not remember the device you have assume from this thread pre2, that I have several script in the meta doctor that will meld the new BlueTooth Profile you can keep webOS 2.1.0 and backup you device with meta-doctor, then meta-doctor with test-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 (which will bring down the new BlueTooth Map, GoogleMaps, MotionApps Classic Bits, Enyo, etc...) or you can jump to webOS 2.2.4 with the super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4...

Or we can attempt to fix the BlueTooth issue, some other database needs to be looked at if you have lumberjack and impostah, you might be able to shed light on what it is looking at.

Could also backup everything and then do a full erase and see if it fixes it then?

I know this process does work as I have done it on two devices and have about 1000PM emails that it has worked on other devices, but have heard of this error a few times now, but no one was able to take the time to figure out how to fix it. So if you can bare with me send me your log directory use tar on your device thru novaterm and backup the log directory and then pm me the content maybe in the messages log there is the answer?
    full erase on the pre2?
    I can do that

I'd rather not wipe the touchpad if I don't have to
    full erase on the pre2?
    I can do that

I'd rather not wipe the touchpad if I don't have to
    Gather your logs first... Send them so we can see what it is looking for...
    Use lumberjack during turning on Bluetooth... See if we can see what database, cookie, or what it is looking at...

last resort would be wipe...
    I started running lunberjack and my phone spontaneously rebooted
    LOL

it's been fairly unstable since I copied the new bluetooth files over
    I started running lunberjack and my phone spontaneously rebooted
    LOL

it's been fairly unstable since I copied the new bluetooth files over
    Yes, I had that for the first few times I turned on the BlueTooth modules, (it seemed to be the expanding of some database) never could find which one...

But once it expanded to handle the new functionality it stabilized.

When I first brought over the files from the tar I had turned on BlueTooth then the phone locked up, had to reboot, pull battery, but kept turning BlueTooth off/on took I think 3 times, looking at my post...
    But once it settled it settled...

As I am on webOS 2.2.4 now, I can not test, but even with webOS 2.2.4 the BlueTooth does not seem as stable as it used to be (it always turned on right away, worked with all my devices, still does, but I have read in these forums others now having issues with Ford's Sync, Headsets, Saabs, and other devices).

But the MAP function is fun and cool and they should have released it as an update like Bing MAPS and Enyo...

Put that aside, maybe the BlueTooth modules needs to be disabled/re-enabled over and over to kick in?

Use novaterm

cp -r /var/log/message* /media/internal/
    exit

then drop into usb mode and copy the message logs and view them with notepad/textedit(use favorite text editor) it might shed light on what it is doing...

Also look to see if you have any faults in /var/log/reports?

The other thing to note when you copy all the files from the bt.tar, make sure you have no errors... If there any files not copied it will fail, all files are needed the two I noted were locked (in use, even though BlueTooth was turned off from a reboot), BluetoothMonitor and PmBtStack seems to be called via powerd.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/13/2012 at 09:35 PM.
    Yes, I had that for the first few times I turned on the BlueTooth modules, (it seemed to be the expanding of some database) never could find which one...

But once it expanded to handle the new functionality it stabilized.

When I first brought over the files from the tar I had turned on BlueTooth then the phone locked up, had to reboot, pull battery, but kept turning BlueTooth off/on took I think 3 times, looking at my post...
    But once it settled it settled...

As I am on webOS 2.2.4 now, I can not test, but even with webOS 2.2.4 the BlueTooth does not seem as stable as it used to be (it always turned on right away, worked with all my devices, still does, but I have read in these forums others now having issues with Ford's Sync, Headsets, Saabs, and other devices).

But the MAP function is fun and cool and they should have released it as an update like Bing MAPS and Enyo...

Put that aside, maybe the BlueTooth modules needs to be disabled/re-enabled over and over to kick in?

Use novaterm

cp -r /var/log/message* /media/internal/
    exit

then drop into usb mode and copy the message logs and view them with notepad/textedit(use favorite text editor) it might shed light on what it is doing...

Also look to see if you have any faults in /var/log/reports?

The other thing to note when you copy all the files from the bt.tar, make sure you have no errors... If there any files not copied it will fail, all files are needed the two I noted were locked (in use, even though BlueTooth was turned off from a reboot), BluetoothMonitor and PmBtStack seems to be called via powerd.
    sent you this via PM but it may benefit someone else as well

http://www.stormscellar.com/files/messages.txt
    sent you this via PM...
    See errors like this, where you using the default messaging app or another called com.omastudios.pretext?:
    activitymanager[1530]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:com.omastudios.pretext]
    fileparserd-demon[4379]: Failed to read line from input!
    fileparserd-demon[4379]: No input file!
    PmBtEngine: {PmBtEngine}: *****ERROR:[SMS]: build notifn invalid message direction
    PmBtEngine: {PmBtEngine}: *****ERROR:[HFG]: didn't get til message for 5000 ms

This is from my webOS 2.2.4 device when the sender sent me a MMS picture which does not show on touchpad:
    PmBtEngine: {PmBtEngine}: *****ERROR:[SMS]: build notifn: failed to get messageText
    PmBtEngine: {PmBtEngine}: *****ERROR:[OPPS]: OppsEventHandler: Unknown message = 0x14

I do not see any errors on mine concerning the direction of the texts, but again I am on webOS 2.2.4, not easy to compare webOS 2.1.0 to webOS 2.2.4, but my logs from webOS 2.1.0 (when I had webOS 2.1.0, yes I keep them for compare reasons, also does not show the direction issues I see in your log). FYI both my devices are at the latest versions (webOS 2.2.4 and webOS 3.0.5) assume yours Pre2 is webOS 2.1.0 with Touchpad at webOS 3.0.5.

Now I tested MAP on webOS 2.1.0 against webOS 3.0.4, then I went to webOS 2.2.4 and webOS 3.0.5, but do not think that will make a difference...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/13/2012 at 10:16 PM.
    See errors like this, where you using the default messaging app or another called com.omastudios.pretext?:
    activitymanager[1530]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:com.omastudios.pretext]
    fileparserd-demon[4379]: Failed to read line from input!
    fileparserd-demon[4379]: No input file!
    PmBtEngine: {PmBtEngine}: *****ERROR:[SMS]: build notifn invalid message direction
    PmBtEngine: {PmBtEngine}: *****ERROR:[HFG]: didn't get til message for 5000 ms

This is from my webOS 2.2.4 device when the sender sent me a MMS picture which does not show on touchpad:
    PmBtEngine: {PmBtEngine}: *****ERROR:[SMS]: build notifn: failed to get messageText
    PmBtEngine: {PmBtEngine}: *****ERROR:[OPPS]: OppsEventHandler: Unknown message = 0x14

I do not see any errors on mine concerning the direction of the texts, but again I am on webOS 2.2.4, not easy to compare webOS 2.1.0 to webOS 2.2.4, but my logs from webOS 2.1.0 (when I had webOS 2.1.0, yes I keep them for compare reasons, also does not show the direction issues I see in your log).
    John:

I went back to How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor and saw that you edited the instructions so I went thru them again.

after rebooting and pairing I still got the error.
    for giggles I went to the BT prefs on the pre2 and unchecked mirror SMS
    then I went back in and enabled it again

this time the touchpad passed texts thru to the pre2

interesting
    John:

I went back to How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor and saw that you edited the instructions so I went thru them again.

after rebooting and pairing I still got the error.
    for giggles I went to the BT prefs on the pre2 and unchecked mirror SMS
    then I went back in and enabled it again

this time the touchpad passed texts thru to the pre2

interesting
    So turning Mirror SMS off then back on enabled texting so sense you are working...

I added this to the post on Page 213, thanks for testing, I am happy you are now functioning...

Have fun SMS Mirroring with your Touchpad with webOS 2.1.0...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/13/2012 at 10:37 PM.
    indeed I am sir and your help was very much appreciated

if I have to guess?
    even after deleting prefs my touchpad was still listed on the pre2... it was somewhere on the pre2 I couldn't find.
    disabling Mirror SMS and enabling it again forced the pref to be overwritten
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    installed the superscript. no problems so far.
    Took the superscript Verizon's super script 2.2.4 plunge tonite and woohoo. Everything is smooth and fast. SMS mirror took 3 or 4 times of turning each off and on to pair and send sms messages. Keep trying and trust the webOS gods @ webOS internals. Thank you all that contributed Will keep all posted if any developments
    Last edited by ulmens; 02/27/2012 at 01:45 PM.
    hf199 likes this.
    hey, awesome job on the script guys. is there a way to delete "google maps" from the phone? I went to try and install that new google maps written by 72ka and it's the same issue with bing maps all over again.
    it's called google maps so the only way to launch the new google maps is from preware because the launcher doesn't see the 2nd google maps. just like when bing came out called "maps" and if you tried to install google maps it was called "maps" just the same.

i imagine it's as simple as deleting the "google maps" package. advice on finding it? i'm gonna go look now

thanks,
    -Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by videogmike View Post
    hey, awesome job on the script guys. is there a way to delete "google maps" from the phone? I went to try and install that new google maps written by 72ka and it's the same issue with bing maps all over again.
    it's called google maps so the only way to launch the new google maps is from preware because the launcher doesn't see the 2nd google maps. just like when bing came out called "maps" and if you tried to install google maps it was called "maps" just the same.

i imagine it's as simple as deleting the "google maps" package. advice on finding it? i'm gonna go look now

thanks,
    -Mike
    If you are handy, use novaterm to rm -rf com.palm.app.googlemaps from the /usr/palm/applications directory?

You can also use internalz pro?

As there are a lot of us who used the old maps and renamed it to googlemaps maybe we should ask the dev of the new app to change his appid?
    If you are handy, use novaterm to rm -rf com.palm.app.googlemaps from the /usr/palm/applications directory?

You can also use internalz pro?

As there are a lot of us who used the old maps and renamed it to googlemaps maybe we should ask the dev of the new app to change his appid?
    Oh I'm handy. I posted that exact idea in the "bing maps keeps disappearing thread"
    I just want to get it right on the first try. I really really don't feel like doctoring again anytime soon to fix something I screwed up by recursively deleting a directory. I tried renaming the directory to com.palm.app.googlemaps1. That didn't fix it, although I didn't try rebooting

You don't think asking him to change the app name is too pretentious? Maybe "Google.Maps" or "Google Maps 2"?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Lol I'm stupid, I see why changing the folder name does nothing. I'll try moving the folder and see what happens

Moving the folder plus a device restart fixed it. New google maps is visible and usable. I'm happy

Sorry to bump such an old thread but this seemed like the best spot.

I've been trying to update the bluetooth profile of my VZ Pre2 (running 2.1) following the directions given in this thread and I always end up with the same problem: bluetooth won't turn on. Multiple reboots and battery pulls does nothing; the option is there to turn it on but there's no spinning disc at all. It's like I never touched it to turn it on.

Using Internalz, it appears that the revised files are in the proper locations.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong? Thanks.
    I have successfuly upgraded my vzw pre 2 to Abyssul's 2.2.4 and John Steffes's test 2.2.4 respectively,so far so,good.thanks.The application CURRENCIES do not run properbly,it says RATE NOT LOADED.
    Last edited by cakee; 03/08/2013 at 10:32 PM.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast