Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speedlt1 View Post
    I disabled updates using these instructions Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

It's been 2 weeks, so far so good.
    Thanks. I just reran the meta-doctor script but changed to DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=1. Pretty sure that does the same thing. So far so good...
    I tried the super script again after making sure to delete my Palm Profile backup. This time I did not have the 9.9.9 problem. / was 98%. I ipkg remove'd the amazon stuff, vznavigator and hotspot to get to 95%.

System update shows 2.1.0 is available
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    FYI, flashed a super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 onto my VZW Pre2 about a week ago (not the VZW FrankenPre2 I was trying, a real VZW Pre2) and it was the best/speediest version of webOS I had ever had on a phone. Went fine until yesterday when I got the 2.1.0 "update is available". When the update installed, it restarted to www.palm.com/rom .
    I disabled updates using these instructions Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

It's been 2 weeks, so far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Thanks. I just reran the meta-doctor script but changed to DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=1. Pretty sure that does the same thing. So far so good...

Sorry been working on the PrePlus webOS 2.2.4 script, forgot about the Pre2 super script test...

So would it be better to leave it at reporting to the Palm Profile as webOS 2.2.4 and disable the update daemon, or allow the update then remove the WR apps and restore the Verizon Apps, or leave it a webOS 2.1.0 and disable the update daemon?

As your the only two users that have tested the super script (at least that have reported such) what do you think?

Have not heard from anyone, updated the script to go back to webOS 2.2.4 in Palm Profile... but update daemon is disabled by default, if re-enabled, it will wipe the Verizon Apps and will replace them with WR apps...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/09/2012 at 06:47 PM.
    what are the chances verizon will ever release the 2.2.4 update?

there are like what, 100 of us with a pre2 on their network?

what security holes/issues are there?

hp should just make it available to everyone without carrier involvement. Vzw doesn't care about us anyways.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    I agree! HP should put it out for everyone. I want to sync mine to my Touchpad for SMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by hf199 View Post
    I agree! HP should put it out for everyone. I want to sync mine to my Touchpad for SMS!
    If you want to stay on Verizon Wireless webOS 2.1.0 build 124 but want syncing to touchpad (MAP profile) here is a direct link to the post (How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor - use the meta-doctor process and use this script to get the bluetooth files from webOS 2.2.4 and import them into webOS 2.1.0 manually). [Also posted on the direct link is another script to reverse the bluetooth update and put one back to stock webOS 2.1.0 (no-MAP profile)]

if you want a new doctor (webOS 2.1.0, with that and a whole lot more enyo, bluetooth profile (MAP), MotionApps Classic Bits, GoogleMaps, etc...) use the meta-doctor process and use the script test-verizon-pre2-2.1.0.

if you want a new doctor (webOS 2.2.4, with MotionApps Classic Bits, Classic You Tube (webOS 2.1.0), GoogleMaps, etc...) use the meta-doctor process and use the script super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4.

Until Verizon approves webOS 2.2.4, these are the only methods to get the Verizon Pre2 up to doing what you want it to.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/10/2012 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    If you want to stay on Verizon webOS 2.1.0 but want syncing to touchpad (MAP profile) search the forum for getbt (this is a script to get the bluetooth files from webOS 2.2.4 and import them into webOS 2.1.0 manually).
    I searched this forum but found none. I can, please put the link. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by despinova View Post
    I searched this forum but found none. I can, please put the link. Thanks in advance.
    Here is the link to the post on getbt.zip: How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/10/2012 at 07:50 PM.
    John:
    if all I really want to do is update bluetooth on my verizon pre 2 is there somewhere I can grab bt.tar?
    I left my mac at the office and won't be back there till wednesday

John
    I just used the super verizon script to metadoctor my Pre2. So far so good - MAP is working with the touchpad, still turning the other dials.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    John:
    if all I really want to do is update bluetooth on my verizon pre 2 is there somewhere I can grab bt.tar?
    I left my mac at the office and won't be back there till wednesday

John
    I would love to give a bt.tar to others, but as HP/Palm has not given me the distribution rights to distribute their copyrighted code, I can not distribute a tar file, however, I can give others scripts to extract files from HP/Palm sourced distributed doctors. Which then would allow others to have what HP/Palm should have done in the first place...

Package a non-carrier webOS 2.2.4 release for all existing HP/Palm devices (they already did for the Pre2 [WR], and the Pre3 [all three variations])... like the Pre/PrePlus, Pixi/PixiPlus, and Veer.

Oh and if Verizon could approve webOS 2.2.4 that would be nice as well...

I guess I am asking for to much... I will stop dreaming and wake up in the coming months...
    so if i follow this right the super vzw script will yield me:
    224 in app catalog
    no ota update to mess anything up
    all stock vzw apps
    palmos classic
    google maps with enyo already installed and won't be deleted when we dl bing maps

do we really have to erase the backups? is that what yields the version 9.9.9?
    i desperately want to update my vzw pre2. i'm creating the meta doctor now in a ubuntu virtual box. i don't really enjoy doctoring often so i hadn't messed with this yet, but it sounds like you guys have all the bugs worked out?
    Sorry been working on the PrePlus webOS 2.2.4 script, forgot about the Pre2 super script test...

So would it be better to leave it at reporting to the Palm Profile as webOS 2.2.4 and disable the update daemon, or allow the update then remove the WR apps and restore the Verizon Apps, or leave it a webOS 2.1.0 and disable the update daemon?

As your the only two users that have tested the super script (at least that have reported such) what do you think?

Have not heard from anyone, updated the script to go back to webOS 2.2.4 in Palm Profile... but update daemon is disabled by default, if re-enabled, it will wipe the Verizon Apps and will replace them with WR apps...
    Sorry, I had stepped away from the computer for a while and didn't notice this. Subscribing to this thread now.

Anyway given that this is the best build I've ever had, official or otherwise, I'm a bit leery to flash a new doctor script yet. The script I ran reports 2.1.0 and disables the update daemon. Since others have tested your script and it appears to be fine, I think you should just leave it the way it is right now and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 02/11/2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: should have read the later posts before responding...
    Quote Originally Posted by videogmike View Post
    so if i follow this right the super vzw script will yield me:
    224 in app catalog
    no ota update to mess anything up
    all stock vzw apps
    palmos classic
    google maps with enyo already installed and won't be deleted when we dl bing maps

do we really have to erase the backups? is that what yields the version 9.9.9?
    i desperately want to update my vzw pre2. i'm creating the meta doctor now in a ubuntu virtual box. i don't really enjoy doctoring often so i hadn't messed with this yet, but it sounds like you guys have all the bugs worked out?
    Well I have used a variation of this script myself and have not needed to remove any backups (Palm Profile) and have never received the profile 9.9.9 issue...

The update daemon is disabled by default so that the Verizon Carrier apps will stay put, but if re-enabled all Verizon apps will be removed by an OTA update (WR apps will be installed)...

But there is a post in this thread on how to put them back if this happens...

But other then that, yes enyo is there by default on webOS 2.2.4, this script will bring back the old webOS 2.1.0 youtube, there are also info in this thread a few post ago, on how to add the bookmark for the webOS 2.2.4 youtube app, so you can have them both... this will also bring the Motion Apps Classic Bits back so one could run Classic (assuming you have a key)...

FYI- I am using the installer.xml file from the WR Pre2 and the installer.xml file from the wr.tar carrier apps (mixing these is what causes a 9.9.9 profile, IE using a Verizon 2.1.0 carrier installer.xml with a wr pre2 doctor installer.xml...) As long as the DMSETS value is set correctly and the Palm-Build-Info is set correctly the palm profile should never show 9.9.9.
    awesome, i think i'm going to give this a try. i ran out of space on my ubuntu virtual box rofl.
    deleted it and reinstalling now. tried googling resizing but too much work. in hindsight i guess i could have removed a few of the many programs that seem to come in the ubuntu pack. oh well.
    I would love to give a bt.tar to others, but as HP/Palm has not given me the distribution rights to distribute their copyrighted code, I can not distribute a tar file, however, I can give others scripts to extract files from HP/Palm sourced distributed doctors. Which then would allow others to have what HP/Palm should have done in the first place...

Package a non-carrier webOS 2.2.4 release for all existing HP/Palm devices (they already did for the Pre2 [WR], and the Pre3 [all three variations])... like the Pre/PrePlus, Pixi/PixiPlus, and Veer.

Oh and if Verizon could approve webOS 2.2.4 that would be nice as well...

I guess I am asking for to much... I will stop dreaming and wake up in the coming months...
    John
    I completely understand, was looking for the easy out so I didn't have to wait till wednesday
    and I agree.. Verizon should get this approved and out

thanks
    John
    JJCook likes this.
    loving it so far, super script worked great. i see there are a few patches not updated, but i'm happier on the newer version
    yea I guess I should have waited till I got back to the office where I have all my stuff...

I installed MetaDoctor and followed all the provided instructions and here are the results so far:

the pre2 says that it mirror SMS
    on the touchpad I see only auto-connect and receive phone calls

I got an error that went by, in red, that said something like unable to load MAP
    but only once and very quickly

any ideas?
    yea I guess I should have waited till I got back to the office where I have all my stuff...

I installed MetaDoctor and followed all the provided instructions and here are the results so far:

the pre2 says that it mirror SMS
    on the touchpad I see only auto-connect and receive phone calls

I got an error that went by, in red, that said something like unable to load MAP
    but only once and very quickly

any ideas?
    I am using webOS 2.2.4 so I can not test this, but if the BlueTooth Database does not expand then remove the Preferences Database (you might have to do this on both devices phone and touchpad)...

Turn off BlueTooth, use novaterm:
    Assume at root (/) and rw
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /var/preferences/com.palm.bluetooth
    mv prefsDB.sl prefsDB.sl.old
    reboot

When device is rebooted, re-try, this renames the existing BlueTooth Database, when enabled a new one should be created...

Once you have fixed your issue use novaterm again and remove the .old file...
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -rf prefsDB.sl.old

Let me know if that helped?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/13/2012 at 03:10 PM.
    I am using webOS 2.2.4 so I can not test this, but if the BlueTooth Database does not expand then remove the Preferences Database...

Turn off BlueTooth, use novaterm:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    mv prefsDB.sl prefsDB.sl.old
    reboot

When device is rebooted, re-try, this renames the existing BlueTooth Database, when enabled a new one should be created...

Once you have fixed your issue use novaterm again and remove the .old file...
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -rf prefsDB.sl.old

Let me know if that helped?
    that's a negative.. same issue.

I'm going to give it a little while and see what happens after reading this:
    MAP Bluetooth on Legacy 2.1 Devices | webOSroundup

update: I can recreate the error now...
    the touchpad reads: unable to connect messaging (MAP) profile
    Last edited by sidotij; 02/12/2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: added error message
    that's a negative.. same issue.

I'm going to give it a little while and see what happens after reading this:
    MAP Bluetooth on Legacy 2.1 Devices | webOSroundup

update: I can recreate the error now...
    the touchpad reads: unable to connect messaging (MAP) profile
    Did you resolve your BlueTooth MAP issue?

FYI sometimes, deleting both preference files (on touchpad and phone) and re-setting up both BlueTooth profiles also fixes the unable to connect messaging (MAP) profile

To do that use the previous novaterm commands on the touchpad and then on the phone, then re-try syncing the devices...
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast