Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    One other issue I have noticed (don't know if it is a 2.2.4 or meta-doctor issue) Google image mobile site no longer works on any of the meta-doctors I've used.

When your search images come up, they no longer respond to touch. (you're unable to select a image)

Bing image works fine and my wifes Pre 2 run 2.1.0 google image works as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I can seem to get my phone to see anything I drag and drop into my USB petition now. Anyone know of a fix?
    Use novaterm and type
    dosfsck -r /dev/mapper/store-media

This will run a file system check and if there are any issues, it will report them to you, you have to select yes or no to fix the file system...

Word of caution: Sometime it will find issue with the size of the drive best to select backup and the original is most likely corrupt... But user beware although this can fix a problem, if you do not understand what you are doing you could make it worse... Best case run the command and paste the output back to the thread, so others can assist...
    John how much more would it take to build an experimental Franken VZW Pre2 script? I have an unlocked Pre2 and a VZW Pre Plus that I could use to test for you. Honestly though I don't know that it would work even if any script built is fine...that Pre2 just might be a lemon but I have no sim to know that for sure...

And for your work with the pre2 scripts, do you have a donation page or should I direct all donations to WebOS Internals?
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 01/10/2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: fixed problem i had posted
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    John how much more would it take to build an experimental Franken VZW Pre2 script? I have an unlocked Pre2 and a VZW Pre Plus that I could use to test for you. Honestly though I don't know that it would work even if any script built is fine...that Pre2 just might be a lemon but I have no sim to know that for sure...

And for your work with the pre2 scripts, do you have a donation page or should I direct all donations to WebOS Internals?

Edit: There actually might be one of these scripts by now but I can't tell because when I try to run a git pull from the meta-doctor directory, I'm currently getting a "fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly" so I can't refresh the scripts.
    Sounds like you have to rename you meta-directory and re-pull down the entire meta-doctor, Rod moved it to a github, so if you have not done that in a while revisit his wiki on meta-doctor: Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

As for donations, I am happy to help others out with their webOS devices, I am not looking for money, but want webOS to live...

Well, lets see if you had a (assumed unlocked) GSM Pre2, swapped the PrePlus Comm board in, you would have a Verizon Pre2 (Unlocked GSM), you would be able to the the native WR script (at least my understanding), however, you would not have the Verizon apps but the WR apps, nor an updated Modem Firmware. A meta-verizon-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0 script exists to bring such a device up to 2.1.0, So a little digging and I could create a script that would work...

There is a another options, use the super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script and remove the two entries from the following line:

CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Verizon CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P102EWW

ARGS="${ARGS} ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE=1 DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON=1 DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=0 CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Verizon CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P102EWW CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL=${WEBOS_TARBALL} CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL=${CARRIER_TARBALL} CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=${BUILD_INFO} PATIENT=${PATIENT} VERSION=2.2.4 DEVICE=pre2 CARRIER=wr"

So it would look like:

ARGS="${ARGS} ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE=1 DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON=1 DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=0 CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL=${WEBOS_TARBALL} CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL=${CARRIER_TARBALL} CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=${BUILD_INFO} PATIENT=${PATIENT} VERSION=2.2.4 DEVICE=pre2 CARRIER=wr"

Now this script is still experimental, I am trying to get the Super Script to act like a Verizon 2.1.0 device but with 2.2.4 webOS...

If you wish to have 2.2.4 use the WR script from HP/PALM, it should work on any GSM device.

But once I figure out the super script, have one more thing to try after this, a full root swap of the Verizon 2.1.0 Dr. if the one on github fails to work...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/10/2012 at 09:41 AM.
    PickleFart9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    the stuff in post #84
    Thanks! Will parse this reply once I get some time from work.
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 01/10/2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Use novaterm and type

This will run a file system check and if there are any issues, it will report them to you, you have to select yes or no to fix the file system...

Word of caution: Sometime it will find issue with the size of the drive best to select backup and the original is most likely corrupt... But user beware although this can fix a problem, if you do not understand what you are doing you could make it worse... Best case run the command and paste the output back to the thread, so others can assist...
    Thank you. Since asking I got it to work, but I ran your command line just to see. This is what I got:

"There are differences between boot sector and it backup."

it shows my "offsets" in the 70's, my "originals" in the low 50's, and my "backup" as 20.
    This is very experimental, github has been updated (anyone who has a developer Verizon Pre2) if you can test this... again the goal is to have a Verizon Pre2 meta-doctor...
    I just doctored with the latest super script after making sure to turn off backup. System update shows OTA 2.1.0 is now available. Palm Profile shows 2.1.0.
    Post #84
    OK well I can't imagine there are a lot of people who want to create such a Franken Pre VZW phone so it might not be worth it to bother with making a specific script... At the same time I do want those VZW apps (specifically VZ Navigator as well as access to the 5GB free Mobile Hotspot that comes with the VZW Pre+). So how would this work: Before doing the Franken procedure, I use your Super Script for the WR Unlocked Pre2 phone, and I use the Pre+ script for the VZW Pre+ to update the Comm firmware. Then I do the Franken procedure to put the Comm board into the GSM Pre2. Would that possibly work?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speedlt1 View Post
    I just doctored with the latest super script after making sure to turn off backup. System update shows OTA 2.1.0 is now available. Palm Profile shows 2.1.0.
    Yikes! That doesn't sound good. An 2.1.0 OTA update over a 2.2.4 meta-doctor?

My Pre 2 is still on the build that filled up /dev/mapper/store-root and I'm still pretty happy with it after removing PMVoiceCommand & VZNavigator. I've installed the F104 Starfighter (better @ 1.1mhz than 1.2mhz, so far), have great 3G connection and the 'legacy' apps (YouTube & Classic) that are most desirable to me working fine, while the HP Maps app seems much snappier for me than Google maps and I don't miss it. It seems like Verizon Navigator and Google Maps apps might be better installed post OTA 2.2.4 update, rather than masking the build which seems like it could create other problems . . . IMHO . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speedlt1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Yikes! That doesn't sound good. An 2.1.0 OTA update over a 2.2.4 meta-doctor?

My Pre 2 is still on the build that filled up /dev/mapper/store-root and I'm still pretty happy with it after removing PMVoiceCommand & VZNavigator. I've installed the F104 Starfighter (better @ 1.1mhz than 1.2mhz, so far), have great 3G connection and the 'legacy' apps (YouTube & Classic) that are most desirable to me working fine, while the HP Maps app seems much snappier for me than Google maps and I don't miss it. It seems like Verizon Navigator and Google Maps apps might be better installed post OTA 2.2.4 update, rather than masking the build which seems like it could create other problems . . . IMHO . . .
    Well, the test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script still works for those who wish to have webOS 2.2.4 non masking, and full WR apps (I detailed in a few posts back what to remove and what to install via ipkg command line to bring one back to a Verizon App Build), but the point of the super script is to create a Verizon Specific meta-doctor build... I am glad I finally figured out how to Mask 2.1.0, and not create a 9.9.9 profile...

But now, waiting to find out what the OTA update is and if it has any effect on 2.2.4 and need to find out what is missing from the super script that is making it see an OTA update...

6speedlt1, Please post results of OTA update?
    Well, lets see if you had a (assumed unlocked) GSM Pre2, swapped the PrePlus Comm board in, you would have a Verizon Pre2 (Unlocked GSM), you would be able to the the native WR script (at least my understanding), however, you would not have the Verizon apps but the WR apps, nor an updated Modem Firmware. A meta-verizon-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0 script exists to bring such a device up to 2.1.0, So a little digging and I could create a script that would work...

There is a another options, use the super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script and remove the two entries from the following line:

CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Verizon CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P102EWW

ARGS="${ARGS} ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE=1 DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON=1 DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=0 CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Verizon CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P102EWW CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL=${WEBOS_TARBALL} CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL=${CARRIER_TARBALL} CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=${BUILD_INFO} PATIENT=${PATIENT} VERSION=2.2.4 DEVICE=pre2 CARRIER=wr"

So it would look like:

ARGS="${ARGS} ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE=1 DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON=1 DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=0 CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL=${WEBOS_TARBALL} CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL=${CARRIER_TARBALL} CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=${BUILD_INFO} PATIENT=${PATIENT} VERSION=2.2.4 DEVICE=pre2 CARRIER=wr"

Now this script is still experimental, I am trying to get the Super Script to act like a Verizon 2.1.0 device but with 2.2.4 webOS...

If you wish to have 2.2.4 use the WR script from HP/PALM, it should work on any GSM device.

But once I figure out the super script, have one more thing to try after this, a full root swap of the Verizon 2.1.0 Dr. if the one on github fails to work...
    Well the first option you gave for sure didn't work. Both options build what seems to be a stable phone. However in the first option (using the native WR script) the phone thinks it's GSM and expects a sim card. In the second option you gave (modifying your super script) it appears that it may work but my phone radio would not authenticate. I could make emergency calls and programming/customer service calls, but nothing else went through and I couldn't get EVDO data. I thought it was a problem with the build but just to be sure, I put the comm board back into my Pre+ and doctored to the official 1.4.5.1. And even with the official 1.4.5 doctor on the original Pre+ it came in, I was still not able to authenticate the phone or get data.

I'll try to get hold of some other comm board sometime and then I'll post again. Wish I could tell you more. Thanks for your help!

Let me know if you would like me to test anything else. Thanks!
    6speedlt1, Please post results of OTA update?
    The OTA update did not install. It downloaded and began but the progress circle didn't advance for a long time so I doctored back to 2.1.0.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Use novaterm and type

When I run the command line it reports a issue with my boot sector and backup being different. It doesn't give a yes or no option to fix. It gives me 3 option, 1) original to backup, 2)backup to original, 3)do nothing. When I type 2 to backup nothing happens. Any ideas. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    The official WebOS blog says 2.2.are is available for the Verizon Pre 2:

"An update to webOS 2.2.4 was also recently made available for unlocked Pre 2 and AT&T, Verizon..."

Has anyone seen it? Updates says I'm current at 2.1.
    US Robotics Palm Pilot Pro>Upgrade to Palm Pilot III> Palm V>Upgraded to 8MB>Tungsten T>Treo 650>Treo 755p>Palm Pre>Touchpad & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    The official WebOS blog says 2.2.are is available for the Verizon Pre 2:

"An update to webOS 2.2.4 was also recently made available for unlocked Pre 2 and AT&T, Verizon..."

Has anyone seen it? Updates says I'm current at 2.1.
    I caught that too, I went looking in my palm profile to see if I could download a doctor for it, but 2.1 was still there. talked myself into thinking I must've read the blog wrong
    so what's the story? Is there an offcial 2.2.4 Update yet? Or only through a meta doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    so what's the story? Is there an offcial 2.2.4 Update yet? Or only through a meta doctor?
    When HP released the Pre 2 webOS 2.2.4 release, they published the WR 2.2.4 Doctor (as HP/Palm has developer devices not on a carrier), however, as Verizon has a Pre 2, they have to approve the update, I assume (hate assuming things) HP sent the build to Verizon to test and approve, hopefully Verizon is looking into it and not ignoring there customer base, I have a Verizon PrePlus and Verizon ignored us for webOS 2.1.0 and I have a Verizon Pre 2 and they lagged on getting a webOS 2.1.0 release but they did (build 124), so hopefully HP and Verizon will release a webOS 2.2.4 release for the Verizon Pre 2.

Until then there are two scripts, a super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 (which attempts to build a Verizon Apped webOS 2.2.4, but reports as webOS 2.1.0, still in testing phase) and a test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4, which will build a WR webOS 2.2.4 build on a Verizon Pre 2 (which if you read a few pages back in this thread and know command line one can return to full Verizon Apped after the Dr. has run and the first System Update has passed OTA muster).
    I tried the super script again after making sure to delete my Palm Profile backup. This time I did not have the 9.9.9 problem. / was 98%. I ipkg remove'd the amazon stuff, vznavigator and hotspot to get to 95%.

System update shows 2.1.0 is available
    FYI, flashed a super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 onto my VZW Pre2 about a week ago (not the VZW FrankenPre2 I was trying, a real VZW Pre2) and it was the best/speediest version of webOS I had ever had on a phone. Went fine until yesterday when I got the 2.1.0 "update is available". When the update installed, it restarted to www.palm.com/rom .
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 01/30/2012 at 05:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    FYI, flashed a super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 onto my VZW Pre2 about a week ago (not the VZW FrankenPre2 I was trying, a real VZW Pre2) and it was the best/speediest version of webOS I had ever had on a phone. Went fine until yesterday when I got the 2.1.0 "update is available". When the update installed, it restarted to www.palm.com/rom .
    I disabled updates using these instructions Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

It's been 2 weeks, so far so good.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast