Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Code:
    \
                            441.7M    436.8M      4.9M  99% /
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    436.8M      4.9M  99% /dev/.static/dev
    tmpfs
    Thanks ok, script was reverted, all Verizon Apps have been removed, as there is no point trying to get them in, at this point as long as I use the WR Sweatshop a OTA will wipe them...

However, I am interested in the super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script, as it replaces all the Carrier Apps from WR to VZW, if it has the same issue... my Pre2 is running that and I have not seen any issue, except the loss of the web version of you tube... by the way it is a browser url attached to an icon... so it is possible to bring it back... just thru a patch...
    But I like the webOS 2.1.0 version of YouTube better anyway...

Sorry for the issues, on the test scripts, but as my devices are are running the scripts as well, I can only test so much (I currently am using the super script on my devices), and I want to thank all of you for helping make these scripts work...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/07/2012 at 12:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Thanks ok, script was reverted, all Verizon Apps have been removed, as there is no point trying to get them in, at this point as long as I use the WR Sweatshop a OTA will wipe them...

However, I am interested in the super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script, as it replaces all the Carrier Apps from WR to VZW, if it has the same issue... my Pre2 is running that and I have not seen any issue, except the loss of the web version of you tube... by the way it is a browser url attached to an icon... so it is possible to bring it back... just thru a patch...
    But I like the webOS 2.1.0 version of YouTube better anyway...

Sorry for the issues, on the test scripts, but as my devices are are running the scripts as well, I can only test so much (I currently am using the super script on my devices), and I want to thank all of you for helping make these scripts work...

I ended up removing pmvoicecommand ['ipkg remove pmvoicecommand'] (hate it anyway) and vznavigator ['ipkg remove com.nim.app.vznavigator'] (which I'm not signed up for anyway) and deleting the directories, which ended up clearing about 7MB. I kept the YouTube app. So now I'm at 97% and I think I can live with that. Anyway, I don't think I'll re-doctor again, so we'll see if I get the OTA.

However, I am interested in the super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script, as it replaces all the Carrier Apps from WR to VZW, if it has the same issue
    Thank *you* John. I was using the super script in my testing when / was filled. So the answer to your question is yes the super script has the root full problem.

I would like the old Youtube app so if you fix the super script I'll try it again.
    I've just doctored with the test-verizon script on my Pre2. / is 95%.

There were also some differences that may or may not be noteworthy compared to my docotoring with the super script. The signal appeared to be much better after the super script, the phone showed 3G and sign in and restore from my Palm profile was pretty quick. After the test-verizon script I showed 1x connection and the sign in and restore was much longer (or so it felt). Also after the super script my accounts were not recreated from my Palm profile but were after the test script.

I did the work in the same room so I would expect the connection to be somewhat the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speedlt1 View Post
    Thank *you* John. I was using the super script in my testing when / was filled. So the answer to your question is yes the super script has the root full problem.

I would like the old Youtube app so if you fix the super script I'll try it again.
    I ended up removing pmvoicecommand ['ipkg remove pmvoicecommand'] (hate it anyway) and vznavigator ['ipkg remove com.nim.app.vznavigator'] (which I'm not signed up for anyway) and deleting the directories, which ended up clearing about 7MB. I kept the YouTube app. So now I'm at 97% and I think I can live with that. Anyway, I don't think I'll re-doctor again, so we'll see if I get the OTA.

There were also some differences that may or may not be noteworthy compared to my docotoring with the super script. The signal appeared to be much better after the super script, the phone showed 3G and sign in and restore from my Palm profile was pretty quick. After the test-verizon script I showed 1x connection and the sign in and restore was much longer (or so it felt). Also after the super script my accounts were not recreated from my Palm profile but were after the test script.

I did the work in the same room so I would expect the connection to be somewhat the same.
    I show I have:
    Code:
    On PrePlus:

/dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    431.3M     10.4M  98% /
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    431.3M     10.4M  98% /dev/.static/dev

On Pre2:
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    434.1M      7.6M  98% /
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    434.1M      7.6M  98% /dev/.static/dev
    After running these scripts, as this is as much as I had with webOS 2.1.0, I think that is ok... But the test-verizon-script-2.2.4, installs all the WR carrier apps, so this value should be the same as if you ran the HP Doc (on your Verizon Device, if the carrier and model values were updated...).

Rod approved, all updated scripts are now available...

What is new in the script, the only difference is I pull PMVoicecommand* from VZW Pre3, not from WR Pre2, as the WR has 8 languages, and VZW has 2. That will make more room for root. I also matched both of my super scripts (there is one for the PREPLUS as well).
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/07/2012 at 10:36 PM.
    . .
    What is new in the script, the only difference is I pull PMVoicecommand* from VZW Pre3, not from WR Pre2, as the WR has 8 languages, and VZW has 2. That will make more room for root. I also matched both of my super scripts (there is one for the PREPLUS as well).
    I personally like the idea of pulling the PMVoicecommand - particularly with all of the extra languages - but good for you for figuring out the 'middle ground'! What I did (removing it) ended up working out very well for me. I've been able to restore everything to the Pre 2 without running out of space and the super script also seems to have solved the battery drain/heat issues I was having while using the previous (test) build. As noted by 6speedIt1, 3G speeds are also better. I'm not quite clear on all of the ins and outs (so to speak) but the super script seems to have really 'hit the mark'.

I've gone the other way: from test-verizon > super-verizon. I've found the performance differences to be remarkable. 3G popped up right away while I was restoring, where before I just skipped most account logins until I could get wireless going. I'm curious if you see any heat/battery drain problems. I'm running UberKernel now that it's available, using screenstate and default speeds, so I don't know for sure if that is what has solved my issues or whether it's the build (or some combination of both).
  7.    #67  
    the super script sounds pretty good. I've been using the test since last night. I haven't had any storage space problems... It says I have 11.4GB left and that's what I had on 2.1. It does seem like the connection to 3G is a little weird and slow. It will randomly say 1X and then switch back to 3G (well actually Ev) in a few seconds. I'm going to switch to the super scripts when I get the chance
    I've been able to restore everything to the Pre 2 without running out of space and the super script also seems to have solved the battery drain/heat issues I was having while using the previous (test) build. As noted by 6speedIt1, 3G speeds are also better. I'm not quite clear on all of the ins and outs (so to speak) but the super script seems to have really 'hit the mark'.

I've gone the other way: from test-verizon > super-verizon. I've found the performance differences to be remarkable. 3G popped up right away while I was restoring, where before I just skipped most account logins until I could get wireless going. I'm curious if you see any heat/battery drain problems. I'm running UberKernel now that it's available, using screenstate and default speeds, so I don't know for sure if that is what has solved my issues or whether it's the build (or some combination of both).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    the super script sounds pretty good. I've been using the test since last night. I haven't had any storage space problems... It says I have 11.4GB left and that's what I had on 2.1. It does seem like the connection to 3G is a little weird and slow. It will randomly say 1X and then switch back to 3G (well actually Ev) in a few seconds. I'm going to switch to the super scripts when I get the chance
    If I have enough users test the super script and say that it is better, it will become the Verizon meta-script... The reasons are that with the WR Verizon script, I can not seem to get the Verizon Apps in, they seem to get deleted, however, with the super script as I replace all WR Carrier apps, with Verizon Carrier Apps, they seem to stay... At least on report from a lot of users, Please keep those (Private Messages and post on this thread coming)... Want to make sure we all have the Best Pre2 Verizon build, until Verizon releases their own (I can hope can't I, they did finally release webOS 2.1.0, so I have hope...)

Until that day comes there is the meta-doctor...

FYI To get the the new YouTube back as well as the old (webOS 2.1.0 youtube, part of the super scripts) create a browse bookmark for youtube use this URL:
    http://m.youtube.com/?use_blazer=1&tsp=1

If you do not know how to do it, the webOS Nation posted a how to on it...
    http://www.webosnation.com/add-web-b...-your-launcher
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/07/2012 at 10:43 PM.
    I'm thinkin' my Pre 2 is running pretty well - 24 hrs after using the super-verizon script. I particularly like seeing "3G" again instead of the "EV" from the test script.

Unfortunately, as I am writing this, I get a notification of a 13 MB system update - so I just let install. I've also been trying out the "System Control Optimization" & "Disk Cache Mod", which are pretty nice, BTW, and I had UberKernel installed, along with a variety of advanced patches, remove tap ripple, etc.

All of my mods seem to have remained untouched by the update. What I notice is that
    1. Google Maps is gone;
    2. The Sim Toolkit has been installed;
    3. The YouTube link has been installed (I now have 2) but the YouTube App is still there;
    4. There's actually *more* space in /dev/mapper/store-root: 97% > 95%.
    5. Classic gets broken ("update available" bug), so the *.ipk is required, which then causes a reboot - but then it works.

It still says 3G and data speed and battery life seems to have remained much improved from the previous install.

All in all, I'm still thinkin my phone's running better with super-verizon, rather than test-verizon . . . Another 24 hours, and I'll probably know more. . .
    I'm thinkin' my Pre 2 is running pretty well - 24 hrs after using the super-verizon script. I particularly like seeing "3G" again instead of the "EV" from the test script.

Unfortunately, as I am writing this, I get a notification of a 13 MB system update - so I just let install. I've also been trying out the "System Control Optimization" & "Disk Cache Mod", which are pretty nice, BTW, and I had UberKernel installed, along with a variety of advanced patches, remove tap ripple, etc.

All of my mods seem to have remained untouched by the update. What I notice is that
    1. Google Maps is gone;
    2. The Sim Toolkit has been installed;
    3. The YouTube link has been installed (I now have 2) but the YouTube App is still there;
    4. There's actually *more* space in /dev/mapper/store-root: 97% > 95%.
    5. Classic gets broken ("update available" bug), so the *.ipk is required, which then causes a reboot - but then it works.

It still says 3G and data speed and battery life seems to have remained much improved from the previous install.

All in all, I'm still thinkin my phone's running better with super-verizon, rather than test-verizon . . . Another 24 hours, and I'll probably know more. . .

To solve this problem copy the following files from the build/super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4\carrier to your USB drive:
    com.nim.vznavigator_1.0.1-31_armv7.ipk
    com.nim.app.vznavigator_1.0.0-31_armv7.ipk
    roadrunnercdmafw-verizon_1.0.2-27_armv7.ipk
    amazonservice_1.1-7_armv7.ipk
    com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-73_armv7.ipk
    sweatshop-verizon-roadrunner_1.0-34_armv7.ipk
    palmcustomizationinfo-verizon_1.0-124_all.ipk

Then goto a command line (novaterm) and type:
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.stk
    ipkg remove com.palm.service.contacts.sim
    ipkg remove com.palm.sfrvvm
    ipkg remove imsfrtransport
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.wlmcustomlogin
    ipkg remove palmcustomizationinfo-wr
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand-dede
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand-engb
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand-eses
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand-frca
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand-frfr
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand-itit
    ipkg remove sfrwisprd
    ipkg remove audiod-config-eu
    ipkg remove roadrunnerumtsfw-row (this might not be installed, depends…)
    ipkg remove sweatshop-wr-roadrunner (this does not have to be removed if you wish, we will overwrite it…)

What we left:
    crotestcastleplus-images
    pmvoicecommand-enus
    pmvoicecommand-esmx
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot
    com.palm.app.skype

Now re-install Verizon apps you copied to /media/internal (root of USB drive)
    ipkg install /media/internal/com.nim.vznavigator_1.0.1-31_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install /media/internal/com.nim.app.vznavigator_1.0.0-31_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install /media/internal/amazonservice_1.1-7_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install /media/internal/com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-73_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install /media/internal/palmcustomizationinfo-verizon_1.0-124_all.ipk
    ipkg install /media/internal/roadrunnercdmafw-verizon_1.0.2-27_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install -force-overwrite /media/internal/sweatshop-verizon-roadrunner_1.0-34_armv7.ipk
    (the force overwrite is only needed if you did not remove the WR Sweatshop…)

To double check type ipkg list and verify the following are there:
    com.nim.app.vznavigator - 1.0.0-31 - VzNavigator App
    com.nim.vznavigator - 1.0.1-31 - VzNavigator Service
    amazonservice - 1.1-7 - Amazon Service
    com.palm.app.amazonstore - 1.0-73 - Amazon Music Store
    palmcustomizationinfo-verizon - 1.0-124 - verizon Customization Info
    roadrunnercdmafw-verizon - 1.0.2-27 - Modem Firmware package
    sweatshop-verizon-roadrunner - 1.0-34 - Version 1.0-34 of package sweatshop-verizon-roadrunner
    sweatshop-wr-roadrunner - 1.0-42 - Version 1.0-42 of package sweatshop-wr-roadrunner (this might not be there if you removed it...)

What we did not remove:
    crotestcastleplus-images - 1.0-2 -
    pmvoicecommand-enus - 1.0-5.39 -
    pmvoicecommand-esmx - 1.0-5.39 -
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot - 1.0-1.1.12 -
    com.palm.app.skype - 1.1-8.3 -

Now, this worked to remove the update and put back the Verizon Apps but will the WR come back again? Maybe if this works this will be a post process?

To get Classic Bits use the following script (getclassic, copy that to your meta-doctor/scripts directory) which will create a classic.tar, extract that to the USB drive under a directory called classic.
    then using novaterm type
    cp -r /media/internal/classic/* /

To get GoogleMaps back use the following script (getmaps, copy that to your meta-doctor/scripts directory) which will create a googlemaps.tar, extract that to the USB drive under a directory called googlemaps.
    then using novaterm type
    cp -r /media/internal/googlemaps/* /

Or if you are daring you can get GoogleMaps back copy the super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.googlemaps to the USB drive.
    To do it right you should also copy the info files as well
    super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.googlemaps.* to USB Drive create a directory called info and put the three files in that directory
    then using novaterm type
    mv /media/internal/com.palm.app.googlemaps /usr/palm/applications
    mv /media/internal/info/* /usr/lib/ipkg/info/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Steffes; 07/14/2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Updated Scripts HP/Palm changed the Source URL
  11.    #71  
    Just doctored my phone using the super script. I do enjoy the 3G symbol instead of the Ev.
    Anyway, my immediate results:
    I got two YouTube apps. One was the original actual app and the other was the link to youtube.com. However its icon was a moon like the default icon when you make apps but instead of it being a square, it was a circle... Deleted it anyhow and kept the actual app. I now have Bing maps AND Google Maps. Google maps works but I think its the mobile version of the website. And finally I had all of the verizon apps.

THEN I checked system updates to do the inevitable.
    There was an update that was 14MB. Installed it and now the Verizon apps are gone (I personally don't really care), the Google maps are gone (my GPS is broken anyway ), and now i have the SIM Toolkit app back. Also, I got the YouTube link app back. This time with the YouTube icon. However I still have the actual youtube app still installed .

Things seem a little speedier. It connects to 3G better. My USB drive did NOT get erased. All and all I think this one is pretty good. I'll let you know if anything else is worth noting. Thank you for all of your hard work. Its people like you that will keep the webOS community going strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    Just doctored my phone using the super script. I do enjoy the 3G symbol instead of the Ev.
    Anyway, my immediate results:
    I got two YouTube apps. One was the original actual app and the other was the link to youtube.com. However its icon was a moon like the default icon when you make apps but instead of it being a square, it was a circle... Deleted it anyhow and kept the actual app. I now have Bing maps AND Google Maps. Google maps works but I think its the mobile version of the website. And finally I had all of the verizon apps.

THEN I checked system updates to do the inevitable.
    There was an update that was 14MB. Installed it and now the Verizon apps are gone (I personally don't really care), the Google maps are gone (my GPS is broken anyway ), and now i have the SIM Toolkit app back. Also, I got the YouTube link app back. This time with the YouTube icon. However I still have the actual youtube app still installed .

Things seem a little speedier. It connects to 3G better. My USB drive did NOT get erased. All and all I think this one is pretty good. I'll let you know if anything else is worth noting. Thank you for all of your hard work. Its people like you that will keep the webOS community going strong.
    Yes, a few posts ago, I wrote if you use the super scripts you will not have the Bookmark, but once updated to WR apps, the bookmark gets added, or if you have ever run the normal test scripts, if you doctor your device, your bookmarks are stored in your palm profile but the icon is not (on the device) that is why it will show up as unknown icon.

Sorry confusing I know, but they changed the youtube app in 2.2.4 so that it was just a bookmark to the mobile page... I like the old app, that is why I imported it in my super scripts...

Looks like the next Trial... Masquerading as the PrePlus script does not have these WR apps returning issue... So I will change the super script to be a Verizon webOS 2.1.0 device (you will have webOS 2.2.4), but masquerading as webOS 2.1.0, the palm profile will no longer know you have webOS 2.2.4, but will default back to webOS 2.1.0. Will post when the script has been tested and posted on github....

Script was update in github, not tested yet, but based on PrePlus script should provide the same functionality...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/08/2012 at 10:35 PM.
    I tried the latest super script but I'm unable to sign in to my Palm profile. It just says unable to restore try again later. Could this be due to the masquerading?
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I also attempted super script twice. Both times I got the profile 9.9.9. Now using test script.

Device info: Verizon Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I also attempted super script twice. Both times I got the profile 9.9.9. Now using test script.

Yep me too. I'm trying to get back to 2.1.0 now. I forgot to turn off backups prior to doctoring.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Second problem that occurred for me, none of my pictures, music, etc.. Would appear in my USB petition. Although Internals Pro would show files.
    Second problem that occurred for me, none of my pictures, music, etc.. Would appear in my USB petition. Although Internals Pro would show files.
    How did you get passed the 9.9.9 problem? I doctored to 2.1.0 official and still can't sign in.

Edit:

I did the official 2.0.1 which got rid of the 9.9.9.
    Last edited by 6speedlt1; 01/09/2012 at 08:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    How did you get passed the 9.9.9 problem? I doctored to 2.1.0 official and still can't sign in.
    I doctor back to my original meta-doctor rom I had installed. It fix the 9.9.9 profile issue both times.

Perhaps it worked because they were both 2.2.4. Not sure.
    I tried the latest super script but I'm unable to sign in to my Palm profile. It just says unable to restore try again later. Could this be due to the masquerading?

Yep me too. I'm trying to get back to 2.1.0 now. I forgot to turn off backups prior to doctoring.

Edit:

I did the official 2.0.1 which got rid of the 9.9.9.
    I doctor back to my original meta-doctor rom I had installed. It fix the 9.9.9 profile issue both times.

Perhaps it worked because they were both 2.2.4. Not sure.
    Sorry for the issues... thanks for testing... some how making the Mask just like the PREPLUS does not want to work... knows it's a PRE2 with 2.2.4 even thought the BUILD info is Verizons, and the installer.xml file is Verizons carrier group... Hum I am stumped....

Going to try one last thing, the installer.xml file in the WEBOS jar file, also needs to be swapped... Last thing I will try...

If it fails I will just revert Super Script and add DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=1 to script so that the update will not kill the Verizon Apps... However, if UPDATE_DAEMON is re-enabled Verizon Apps will be wiped away...

This is very experimental, github has been updated (anyone who has a developer Verizon Pre2) if you can test this... again the goal is to have a Verizon Pre2 meta-doctor...

Attachment removed...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/10/2012 at 07:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I can seem to get my phone to see anything I drag and drop into my USB petition now. Anyone know of a fix?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast