Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    how did you get it installed?
    He said he used the meta-doctor.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    how did you get it installed?
    use my tutorial I made. Its step by step. Easy as can be. Just use the test-Verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script.

meta-doctor video tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    use my tutorial I made. Its step by step. Easy as can be. Just use the test-Verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script.

thanks Fuzzy Gizmo. Doing this tomorrow and will report back.

I have had a lot of people say that after the script runs, an update comes down to update the build (which adds all the SIM/SFR stuff back...) but it also wipes the Verizon Apps...

So I have updated the test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script to include all WR carrier files and included the Verizon, assuming that as all the files will be there, there will be nothing left to update, so the Verizon Apps will stay...

I also updated the Super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script that, adds MotionApps Classic and the youtube app from WebOS 2.1.0 back, I also replaced the WR Carrier app(s) with Verizon's so it will not have the updated YouTube app but the old one...

Anyone test these let me know if this is better or worse, the goal is to have a 100% Verizon build using the WR source... If not report any failures here so we can update the script...
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have had a lot of people say that after the script runs, an update comes down to update the build (which adds all the SIM/SFR stuff back...) but it also wipes the Verizon Apps...

So I have updated the test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script to include all WR carrier files and included the Verizon, assuming that as all the files will be there, there will be nothing left to update, so the Verizon Apps will stay...

I also updated the Super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script that, adds MotionApps Classic and the youtube app from WebOS 2.1.0 back, I also replaced the WR Carrier app(s) with Verizon's so it will not have the updated YouTube app but the old one...

Anyone test these let me know if this is better or worse, the goal is to have a 100% Verizon build using the WR source... If not report any failures here so we can update the script...
    yeah that happened to me. I lost the verizon apps. I will test the new script for you tomorrow
    I tried super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 but it exited with an error:

rm -rf build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras
    rm -f build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras-file-list.txt
    mv: cannot move `./youtube224/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.control' to `.youtube210/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.old.control': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot move `./youtube224/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.list' to `.youtube210/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.old.list': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot move `./youtube224/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.md5sums' to `.youtube210/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.old.md5sums': No such file or directory
    tar: You must specify one of the `-Acdtrux' or `--test-label' options
    Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information.

Thanks

edit: Looks like a slash is missing from the target of the mv comands. I'll post results with that fixed when I have a moment.
    Last edited by 6speedlt1; 01/06/2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: more info
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speedlt1 View Post
    I tried super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 but it exited with an error:

mv: cannot move `./youtube224/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.control' to `.youtube210/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.old.control': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot move `./youtube224/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.list' to `.youtube210/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.old.list': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot move `./youtube224/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.md5sums' to `.youtube210/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.youtube.old.md5sums': No such file or directory
    tar: You must specify one of the `-Acdtrux' or `--test-label' options
    Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information.

Thanks

edit: Looks like a slash is missing from the target of the mv comands. I'll post results with that fixed when I have a moment.

Thanks...
    Updated script in github, Rod approved, but script was still broken...

Need to know how to update a patch that works on 2.2.4, 2.2.3 version does not work, but 2.2.0 or 2.1.2 does.... Any thread or wiki?

Also found these patches work on 2.2.4:
    org.webosinternals.patches.system-device-profile-service-override_2.2.3-1_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-character-counter_2.2.0-52_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon_2.1.2-31_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd_2.1.1-22_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-simple-shutter-sound-off_2.1.2-31_all.ipk

If you use Super Scripts to update youtube to have the same functionality...
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads_2.1.2-31_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-enable-landscape_2.1.2-31_all.ipk
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/06/2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Thanks...
    Updated script in github, awaiting for Rod to approve...

Hey John, the script still aborts:

Code:
    tar -C build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras \
    		-f youtube224.tar \
    		-c .
    tar: You must specify one of the `-Acdtrux' or `--test-label'  options
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Hey John, the script still aborts:

Code:
    tar -C build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras \
    		-f youtube224.tar \
    		-c .
    tar: You must specify one of the `-Acdtrux' or `--test-label'  options
    Sorry should have had CLASSIC, but had LEGACY, push to github...
    Also updated the path should be building in super... not test..., removed audiod-config-eu from carrier apps volume control not needed in USA, and fixed pulling Verizon Sweatshop...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/06/2012 at 06:31 PM.
    I got the script to complete by changing LEGACY_TARBALL to CLASSIC_TARBALL on line 207 but I must admit that I don't know the intent of the code so it might not be appropriate.

I won't doctor until John confirms it's a proper fix.
    I got the script to complete by changing LEGACY_TARBALL to CLASSIC_TARBALL on line 207 but I must admit that I don't know the intent of the code so it might not be appropriate.

I won't doctor until John confirms it's a proper fix.
    Here is the updated script, will be removed once github update is approved...
    Github approved... do a git pull... Script removed...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/06/2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Here is the updated script, will be removed once github update is approved...
    Github approved... do a git pull... Script removed...
    Looks good so far; built, installed, Youtube, Google Maps, & Classic all work! Very nice work!
    Looks good so far; built, installed, Youtube, Google Maps, & Classic all work! Very nice work!
    Thanks for testing..., Now time to see if the carrier apps stay.. or if for some reason a OTA update tries to pull back WR carrier apps...
  14.    #54  
    I tested the new test scripts. Works great so far. I'll let you know if there are any problems. There is no update available so that's a good thing. And it didn't delete my USB drive as you probably know. I'm just confirming.
    I tested the new test scripts. Works great so far. I'll let you know if there are any problems. There is no update available so that's a good thing. And it didn't delete my USB drive as you probably know. I'm just confirming.
    It was pointed out that I updated VZNavigator in all my other scripts, but forgot the PRE2 test script, this has been updated in github waiting for Rod to Approve...

As far the the USB drive, it is hit or miss, it depends on the Stored volume(s) if they are clean, then everything is good, but if there is one hic-up it formats the whole storage array... but I would still recommend anyone to backup all data, apps, etc... as they might be purged from the device during the doctor build...

All Verizon Apps were removed causing root full issues...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/07/2012 at 12:55 AM.
  16.    #56  
    It was pointed out that I updated VZNavigator in all my other scripts, but forgot the PRE2 test script, this has been updated in github waiting for Rod to Approve...

As far the the USB drive, it is hit or miss, it depends on the Stored volume(s) if they are clean, then everything is good, but if there is one hic-up it formats the whole storage array... but I would still recommend anyone to backup all data, apps, etc... as they might be purged from the device during the doctor build...
    didn't know about the vznavigator. Its on my phone... So I don't know if it doesn't work or what. My GPS is broken on my phone and I wouldn't want to pay for that anyway so I can't really help you in that area.
    I have a problem but it may be unrelated. After doctoring my apps restored and then I began adding preware patches etc. I saw "no space left on device" during some patch installs. After no apps would come up, only blank cards. I doctored again and before adding any patches checked free space. / is 99% with only 4MB free. The other file systems look ok.
    I have a problem but it may be unrelated. After doctoring my apps restored and then I began adding preware patches etc. I saw "no space left on device" during some patch installs. After no apps would come up, only blank cards. I doctored again and before adding any patches checked free space. / is 99% with only 4MB free. The other file systems look ok.
    This happened to me to. Just finished second Dr. My USB drive *was* wiped, going from 2.2.4 > 2.2.4 (just the new build script), which kind of surprised me because, once I'd upgraded the Pre Plus, the drive was never wiped again. 2nd Dr didn't wipe drive again but / is also at 99% .
    This happened to me to. Just finished second Dr. My USB drive *was* wiped, going from 2.2.4 > 2.2.4 (just the new build script), which kind of surprised me because, once I'd upgraded the Pre Plus, the drive was never wiped again. 2nd Dr didn't wipe drive again but / is also at 99% .
    Not sure what you mean by checked space, thru novaterm, or thru device info app?
    If it is device Info app then the issue might be that the default "store" is full, then the script does not work adding all the WR carrier apps with the two VZW apps (VZNavigator and Amazon MP3)...

ok now I understand you are saying root is full... Ok so copying the WR APPS with VZW will not work...

I will revert the script to just leave the WR APPS for now...

However, the super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script will bring all the VZW apps, adds Classic Bits, and old webOS 2.1.0 YouTube, as it replaces all WR carrier apps with VZW apps, including the sweatshop which is what is causing the OTA update (on WR Apps)...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/07/2012 at 12:38 AM.
    Not sure what you mean by checked space, thru novaterm, or thru device info app?
    If it is device Info app then the issue might be that the default "store" is full, then the script does not work adding all the WR carrier apps with the two VZW apps (VZNavigator and Amazon MP3)...

ok now I understand you are saying root is full... Ok so copying the WR APPS with VZW will not work...

Please copy a picture, of what is the issue?

Code:
    df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root                31.0M     11.5M     19.5M  37% /boot
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    436.8M      4.9M  99% /
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    436.8M      4.9M  99% /dev/.static/dev
    tmpfs                     2.0M    192.0K      1.8M   9% /dev
    /dev/mapper/store-var
                             62.0M      9.3M     52.7M  15% /var
    /dev/mapper/store-log