Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Could someone please direct me to the advantages of 2.2.4? I might be interested, but I'd like to see if it's worth the hassle. If there's a thread already mentioning all of this, I apologize, but the SEARCH function brings us too many posts to identify which thread actually posts the new features.

Thanks -
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Could someone please direct me to the advantages of 2.2.4? I might be interested, but I'd like to see if it's worth the hassle. If there's a thread already mentioning all of this, I apologize, but the SEARCH function brings us too many posts to identify which thread actually posts the new features.

Thanks -
    I feel you on the search function. Way too many results to be useful. Heres the update notification that the people got that got the official update. I took it from the article precentral wrote when it first came out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    I feel you on the search function. Way too many results to be useful. Heres the update notification that the people got that got the official update. I took it from the article precentral wrote when it first came out
    This is essentially it. It might have fixed the dreaded sms bug where you stop receiving test messages unless you reboot.

I think its a worthy upgrade especially painless if you backup properly.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Verizon FrankenPre2 for Sprint (and maybe regular Verizon Pre2):
    meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.2.4.sh

Edit (again): Verizon script failed. This new one works. Use this or one in git.[/B]

Twitter
    Worked for me - Verizon Pre 2 but beware: It does wipe the USB drive. I'm off to do the restore. . .
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I would install 2.2.4 on my sprint pre2 but it seems to be pretty sketchy from some reports.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm waiting for the public release through Preware after most of the bugs are treated.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Worked for me - Verizon Pre 2 but beware: It does wipe the USB drive. I'm off to do the restore. . .
    Worked for me too! - Verizon Pre 2.

Thanks -
    For what it's worth, it's MUCH easier to search this forum by searching "webos nation forums" + the topic on google.com rather than using the search inside the forum.
    Thanks - the only thing I see in which I might be interested is the Google sync. it's been frustrating to have Google constantly changing my calendar colors, forgetting things after 3 months, etc. I hope that's the update!
    Definitely can't wait until something stable arises for the Verizon PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$! $I$'$m$ $mostly$ $excited$ $to$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $use$ $bluetooth$ $between$ $my$ $touchpad$ $and$ $pr$&#$275$; $2$ $to$ $use$ $my$ $touchpad$ $for$ $SMS$.
    hf199 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelplay View Post
    Definitely can't wait until something stable arises for the Verizon PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$! $I$'$m$ $mostly$ $excited$ $to$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $use$ $bluetooth$ $between$ $my$ $touchpad$ $and$ $pr$&#$275$; $2$ $to$ $use$ $my$ $touchpad$ $for$ $SMS$.
    A new script was created for Verizon Users but it needs to be tested, once tested we can then call it stable if it works 100%, but without testers we will be stuck in alpha stages...

FYI some pit falls to 2.2.4, USB partition gets erased so backup, fuzzy icons, and some erratic behavior... But SMS with touchpad and better google/yahoo sync but if you just want SMS functionality I did create a getbt script or even a SUPER script on page 214 of the how-install-webos-2-1-0-pre-pre-using-meta-doctor page that will give you SMS functionality with 2.1.0.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Thanks - the only thing I see in which I might be interested is the Google sync. it's been frustrating to have Google constantly changing my calendar colors, forgetting things after 3 months, etc. I hope that's the update!
    Syncing seems to have been improved. I use the Google calendar for my work and I've been having problems. The past few days it seems to work without problems.
    I have been checking my unlocked GSM Pre2 on T-Mobile occasionally since the first reports of 2.2.4 came out, and it always said it was up to date with 2.1 I just did it again, and either it automatically started downloading 2.2.4, or I clicked download while I wash't looking, because it is downloading right now.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    When pressing the System Updates on my Franken Pre2 on Sprint, it seems to offer an OTA update to 2.2.4. Would that be something safe to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKern View Post
    When pressing the System Updates on my Franken Pre2 on Sprint, it seems to offer an OTA update to 2.2.4. Would that be something safe to do?
    Yes. Read this thread. http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-new-post.html

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    A new script was created for Verizon Users but it needs to be tested, once tested we can then call it stable if it works 100%, but without testers we will be stuck in alpha stages...
    Top of my to-do list after I get home from the holiday. hopefully later this week I'll get a chance to run it on my vzw pre2
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    flashed test-verizon-2.2.4 meta-doctor, everything appears to be working fine. Only problem I've had is texting from my touchpad.

when pairing phone asks if I want to enable texting. The texts act as if they are sent, but I get the "!" unable to send message.

I have managed to send/receive 2-3 text that's about it.

any ideas what maybe causing the error?

device: Verizon Pre 2
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    YouTube don't work every well. Now the app brings you to the web. Full bars and I can't manage to get through 20 seconds of video without buffing. Works fine over wifi!
    I've been running 2.2.4 on my Verizon Pre 2 for a day now. I don't have a touchpad, so I'm mainly checking everything else. I built from the test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script current in the git repository as of about 24 hours ago. This meta-doctor DID NOT wipe my USB drive area, which I was quite pleased with. Stuff that works:

Flash
    Enyo (HP Maps, at least)

Seems like everything I can think of to check works the same as before, with the addition of the features listed as new for 2.2.4. I do get the timestamps in Messaging, and it does seem like my Google Calendars sync better, although there are still quirks. And a couple patches I had installed before are not available yet. But that's about it.

I'm pretty happy with this, as far as stability and functionality goes. Mark that down as one more success for that script.

[Update] I also no longer have a YouTube app. I just get sent to the website. I have not tried viewing a YouTube video yet, but Flash on other sites works as well as before (2.1.0). And for me, the only larger fonts occur on web pages. My notification text and icons are the same as before. Some of the large text in web pages is actually nice, other times it makes the page layout a bit odd. For example, on the Google Calendar mobile page the times for events are large, but the event title is normal sized. That doesn't look so good to me. Also, in Google searches, the result links are large, and the web clip and URL text is normal. I actually like the look of that.
    Last edited by mooneroid; 12/31/2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneroid View Post
    I've been running 2.2.4 on my Verizon Pre 2 for a day now. I don't have a touchpad, so I'm mainly checking everything else. I built from the test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script current in the git repository as of about 24 hours ago. This meta-doctor DID NOT wipe my USB drive area, which I was quite pleased with. Stuff that works:

Flash
    Enyo (HP Maps, at least)

Seems like everything I can think of to check works the same as before, with the addition of the features listed as new for 2.2.4. I do get the timestamps in Messaging, and it does seem like my Google Calendars sync better, although there are still quirks. And a couple patches I had installed before are not available yet. But that's about it.

I'm pretty happy with this, as far as stability and functionality goes. Mark that down as one more success for that script.

[Update] I also no longer have a YouTube app. I just get sent to the website. I have not tried viewing a YouTube video yet, but Flash on other sites works as well as before (2.1.0). And for me, the only larger fonts occur on web pages. My notification text and icons are the same as before. Some of the large text in web pages is actually nice, other times it makes the page layout a bit odd. For example, on the Google Calendar mobile page the times for events are large, but the event title is normal sized. That doesn't look so good to me. Also, in Google searches, the result links are large, and the web clip and URL text is normal. I actually like the look of that.
    how did you get it installed?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast