1.    #1  
    I've had the Palm Pre2 for about a month and i wanted to purchase a few apps on the catalog here in Australia. Was wondering if any other ozzies here have purchased apps using your cc, and what the experience was like.

I'm not in the habit of giving my cc number out online, and am skeptical of the security and such on the catalog. Does the cc get stored? does it use encrypted and/or ssl ? etc...

Cheers
    Hi There hawkeye_a,

Yep I have purchased many apps from the AU App Cat. It is a simple process to register your card details which are stored by HP (I am not sure but would be very confident that the cc details are kept secure by HP).

After the initial registration process/first purchase you are required to enter your password for each additional purchase.

Hope this helps,
    Cheers.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thirst View Post
    It is a simple process to register your card details
    I found on my Veer that you couldn't register your credit card as there was no state field (or some field). I had to log into the profile on my touchpad, register the card and then log back in on the phone.

Ben
    I ended up with a card from usunlocked.com and used the US app catalog, used this on 2 x Veers, Pre2 adn Touchpad
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I've had no problems with either my Pre2 or TP with the AU catalog.

After installing 2.2.4 today, the Pre has just been given a new lease on life Rather than upgrading to iOS/Android in March, I'm just going to keep my contract going. Maybe see what phones are available that will be compatible with a open source Webos later down th track.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies guys. I went over to the catalog, and when i try to download a App which is not free, a message pops up that says that HP will not be storing the CC detail, but will be handled by a 'third party' (kinda dodgy).

benh, yeah i noticed there is no state field when entering CC details.

I backed out of it for now, will have to research it a bit more.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye_a View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I went over to the catalog, and when i try to download a App which is not free, a message pops up that says that HP will not be storing the CC detail, but will be handled by a 'third party' (kinda dodgy).
    benh, yeah i noticed there is no state field when entering CC details.
    I backed out of it for now, will have to research it a bit more.
    Cheers
    Do you have preware installed? There are lots of free apps avail via webOS internals, what app specifically are you looking for?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Do you have preware installed? There are lots of free apps avail via webOS internals, what app specifically are you looking for?
    Not too keen on 'jailbreaking'. I'm looking to get a few games and that Open Office program for editing docs.
    Not too keen on 'jailbreaking'. I'm looking to get a few games and that Open Office program for editing docs.
    It's not 'jailbreaking'. It's HP condoned Homebrew and it's almost impossible to 'brick' your webOS device. There are many stories on here of Preware 'hold-outs' who eventually installed it and wondered why they waited. Here is the link to Precentral/webOSnation's Homebrew Catalog http://www.webosnation.com/homebrew-apps
  10.    #10  
    Johncc, i'll check out homebrew a bit later.

I tried entering my cc info into the pre2's app catalog, and it returned a missing field error(i'm assuming state). How do i get around this?

Cheers
    Johncc, i'll check out homebrew a bit later.

I tried entering my cc info into the pre2's app catalog, and it returned a missing field error(i'm assuming state). How do i get around this?

Cheers
    I think that those of us who have got around it have used our TouchPads. It's about time that HP addressed it in an update. Send an email complaining.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think that those of us who have got around it have used our TouchPads. It's about time that HP addressed it in an update. Send an email complaining.
    That's crazy. A strongly worded email will be sent to them today. And they just updated WebOS last week. You'd think something that prevents them from getting money would be a high priority. sheesh.

Thanks for the reply
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post

Hey John, A friend of mine has a Touchpad which he barely uses...do you reckon i could log into my profile on his Touchpad, enter my CC details and thn have him log back into his Palm profile? Will that enable me to buy apps on my Pre2?

Cheers