1.    #1  
    Hi my Facebook app & even the Facebook mobile site dosn't show any profile pics or pic posted on facebook. Also when you use Just Type to update a facebook status it just does a facebook search of what you typed for your status. I tried reinstalling the facebook app and nothing changed am I the only having problems?
    The facebook app just doesnt work well on my Pre2. I decided to remove it and not use it. Pics don't load, and the interface is clunky.

Right now, the only things i desperately miss on the Pre2 is Facebook and Shazam (i moved over from iPhone a couple of months ago).

If anyone has any information on the development of the facebook app for WebOS, please share.

Cheers
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsmdan95 View Post
    Hi my Facebook app & even the Facebook mobile site dosn't show any profile pics or pic posted on facebook. Also when you use Just Type to update a facebook status it just does a facebook search of what you typed for your status. I tried reinstalling the facebook app and nothing changed am I the only having problems?
    I don't have any problems with the mobile site. In the App sometimes photos cannot be shown, but then the mobile site opens. The main problem with the App is that the comments under some photos are sometimes not shown. But in general terms I can see photos.
    Are you using x.facebook? It is pretty decent.
    Also when I Just Type a status the app opens and I can just press the button and update my status, so no problem there.
    The App needs some upgrade, but with all this "webOS is dead" thing I don't think it will ever happen. However I'm using the mobile site now for most things and the app for updating my status and for checking out my notifications.
    Maybe you use the https site for facebook? Disable that and see if it works. I know that it creates some problems.
    Go into your Facebook settings (in real Facebook) and turn off HTTPS . webOS cannot at the moment download files from secure http sites.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I don't have any problems with the mobile site. In the App sometimes photos cannot be shown, but then the mobile site opens. The main problem with the App is that the comments under some photos are sometimes not shown. But in general terms I can see photos.
    Are you using x.facebook? It is pretty decent.
    Also when I Just Type a status the app opens and I can just press the button and update my status, so no problem there.
    The App needs some upgrade, but with all this "webOS is dead" thing I don't think it will ever happen. However I'm using the mobile site now for most things and the app for updating my status and for checking out my notifications.
    Maybe you use the https site for facebook? Disable that and see if it works. I know that it creates some problems.
    which os version do you have? Does the contents load easily in x.facebook? Mine only loads on refresh.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Go into your Facebook settings (in real Facebook) and turn off HTTPS . webOS cannot at the moment download files from secure http sites.
    im positive this will solve any problems you are having with facebook on webos
    mm mines packed up too, but slightly different, the images no longer sync'ed despite doing the classic reselect primary profile fix.

Removed the account and readding, just spins forever doesn't seem to be checking password as the wrong one does the same. Reinstall didn't help. Rebooted etc.

and no https isn't on.

pre2 2.2.4
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    which os version do you have? Does the contents load easily in x.facebook? Mine only loads on refresh.

It used to do that very frequently, but now it is improved.
  9.    #9  
    I turned off secure browsing now everything works. Thanks!
    Every time I load it, it keeps showing the same 12 updates over and over 3-4 times in a row before it stops downloading completely.

I've gotten used to the mobile site. Something tells me Facebook is going to improve that more rapidly than HP will alter the app.