Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By johnnygewitter
  • 1 Post By giggles
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    not even sure where to post this.
    My Verizon contract is up this month on my pre plus. Thought about getting a pre 2 for 29 bucks, but would have to sign a new 2 year. Not sure if that means I would be stuck with the new data plans or if I can keep my current plan?

I could probably get one on ebay for around 100. Thought about a pre 3 but prices have not come down and I'm way to cheap to pay 500 plus.

with all this open source stuff going on now I could probably wait around to see what happens. I've been wanting to switch over to sprint because of better plan prices and the fact that I get a 15% discount through work. It now seems that we may be able to get a new webOS enabled device on sprint sometime in the future.

I'm thinking it will be at least 6 months (probably more) before we see any open source device out there, weather its from a manufacturer or ported. I don't think my pre plus is going to hang on that long.

Should I go the ebay route? Should I get one cheap with a new 2 year? Should I just hold out until my plus completely dies?(it may not but is starting to get some of the typical annoyances)

If I go with the pre 2 on contract am I still Grandfathered in on the old data plan or do I have to go with the new plan?
    Can't tell you anything about the plans, but personally I would get the contract-free one from eBay if you have the money right now. Always better to be independent from those long-term contracts.
    ananimus likes this.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    get a contract free one end of story. save your upgrade.
    ananimus likes this.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I also have the pre plus, but my contract is finishing next year. If you change to the pre2, you no longer get to keep your free mobile hot spot (MHS). I got the unlimited data and text with 450 and MHS. If I change to the pre2, I will lose the plan. So far my pre plus has been holding up well. I just got some new batteries since the old one had reached 65% according to Dr. Battery and I've done the Govnah mod, running overclocked @ 1GHz. I intend to keep it as long as possible due to the great plan and free MHS and have been browsing ebay for backups.
    Pre2 sounds like your best choice. Just Do it.
    I just changed from my old reliabe centro to a pp2 and kept my verizon plan, which is actually pretty good & I am happy with verizon coverage. Resolved the sync problem with usb cable by buying cl usb, but the photo thing on contacts is still unresolved. Strange that the centro, though based on earlier tech., didn't have these problems.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    not even sure where to post this.
    My Verizon contract is up this month on my pre plus. Thought about getting a pre 2 for 29 bucks, but would have to sign a new 2 year. Not sure if that means I would be stuck with the new data plans or if I can keep my current plan?

I could probably get one on ebay for around 100. Thought about a pre 3 but prices have not come down and I'm way to cheap to pay 500 plus.

with all this open source stuff going on now I could probably wait around to see what happens. I've been wanting to switch over to sprint because of better plan prices and the fact that I get a 15% discount through work. It now seems that we may be able to get a new webOS enabled device on sprint sometime in the future.

I'm thinking it will be at least 6 months (probably more) before we see any open source device out there, weather its from a manufacturer or ported. I don't think my pre plus is going to hang on that long.

Should I go the ebay route? Should I get one cheap with a new 2 year? Should I just hold out until my plus completely dies?(it may not but is starting to get some of the typical annoyances)

If I go with the pre 2 on contract am I still Grandfathered in on the old data plan or do I have to go with the new plan?
    my Pre2 on Verizon freaks out at end of every phone call, screen flashing on and off. Takes a good minute before can do anything with it. Prob a proximity sensor prob, but would scare me off of getting a new one.

- Sent from my HP webOS TouchPad -
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    first of all your always have free hotspots with freetether. so dont worry bout that at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Pre2 sounds like your best choice. Just Do it.
    "Just 2 it."