not even sure where to post this.
My Verizon contract is up this month on my pre plus. Thought about getting a pre 2 for 29 bucks, but would have to sign a new 2 year. Not sure if that means I would be stuck with the new data plans or if I can keep my current plan?
I could probably get one on ebay for around 100. Thought about a pre 3 but prices have not come down and I'm way to cheap to pay 500 plus.
with all this open source stuff going on now I could probably wait around to see what happens. I've been wanting to switch over to sprint because of better plan prices and the fact that I get a 15% discount through work. It now seems that we may be able to get a new webOS enabled device on sprint sometime in the future.
I'm thinking it will be at least 6 months (probably more) before we see any open source device out there, weather its from a manufacturer or ported. I don't think my pre plus is going to hang on that long.
Should I go the ebay route? Should I get one cheap with a new 2 year? Should I just hold out until my plus completely dies?(it may not but is starting to get some of the typical annoyances)
If I go with the pre 2 on contract am I still Grandfathered in on the old data plan or do I have to go with the new plan?