Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    just noticed after i had posted :-)....
    all patches are deactived for sec. reasons cause no one knows before a OTA which files are different and how patching would corrupt the whole OS. So wait some days when patches get verified for 2.2.4 so you can reinstall them. Next time if you don't uninstall them you get updated patches automagically (or not if the patch is incompatible with the new version). Having a vanilla webOS after a update is the curse of beeing early adopter of new OS updates (with new functions like skype).
    If anyone posts about now receiving the update, please note your rough geographical location, and what phone you have .. (ie EU-Unlocked, NA-Unlocked, etc)

Just so those of us who like me that aren't getting it, know what gruop of people to be jealous of :P
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Now that bluetooth allows "mirror SMS" with the touchpad -- is there something needed to get it to mirror? I have my touchpad and pre2 connected, with mirror SMS enabled on the pre -- the TP shows only autoconnect and receive phone calls as options. Tried send/receive text on the pre -- no mirroring on the TP yet.
    Just in from the @webosinternals: (Exklusiv) Pre 2 webOS 2.2.4 Update: Beta-Version und nicht auf allen Geräten | webOS Blog

Basically, it's a beta version that was supposed to get limited release. Nothing official.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    If anyone posts about now receiving the update, please note your rough geographical location, and what phone you have .. (ie EU-Unlocked, NA-Unlocked, etc)

Just so those of us who like me that aren't getting it, know what gruop of people to be jealous of :P
    Well my Veer now has 2.2.4, courtesy of these awesome forums, so why can't my Pre2?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Well my Veer now has 2.2.4, courtesy of these awesome forums, so why can't my Pre2?
    How'd you do that??
    I have 2.2.4 on my UK Pre2 now - like the idea of mobile Skype :-)
    I'm happy to help test the patches that I miss! Particularly the menu patches and battery percentage.

Steve.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranoulph View Post
    LazPL:
    No, sorry, I was never even aware of the existence of the on-screen keyboard, so cannot say anything.
    You might want to take a look then: On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    I haven't checked if it works with the new update, but it IS kind of handy at times... You invoke it by slowly pulling up from the bottom of the screen, like for when you do the little "wave" (the gesture only works for bringing the keyboard up once its installed).

EDITED: Here's a link for the Pre3 version, anyone tried it on the Pre2 yet? [PATCH] Virtual Keyboard
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have the problems that AIM contacts wont show up in the buddy list in the messenging app? got this problem after a restart yesterday. going online isnt a problem, I just cant see any of my contacts there. Logging into AIM from my PC shows all the contacts...
    Folks
    can anyone confirm that the youtube app is missing after upgrade to 2.2.4 ???

Mine is gone, though I installed a bunch of 2.2.3 patches

nkjd
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nkjd View Post
    Folks

nkjd
    Youtube app on my pre2 is just a link which opens the youtube site in the browser. But when I want to play a video the youtube app opens...
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Done this patch and no I cannot call out to any number longer than 4 digits (so 121 works, 2222 - the vodafone traffic service works, my home number doesn't).

Anyone any ideas why before I doctor it back to 2.1?

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by ccgx View Post
    Youtube app on my pre2 is just a link which opens the youtube site in the browser. But when I want to play a video the youtube app opens...
    Thanks !!

So does it on my Pre2, just the youtube link/icon is missing. However, it also means that there is no possibility to download the videos anymore I guess for the time being. (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...oad-patch.html)
    Folks

nkjd
    Yikes! Well hopefully you have a 2.1 doctor around to extract the app from and package up (there is a thread on here explaining how to do that) and re-install on your phone. If not HP will still have one since moat devices have not been upgraded.
    Thanks !!

So does it on my Pre2, just the youtube link/icon is missing. However, it also means that there is no possibility to download the videos anymore I guess for the time being. (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...oad-patch.html)
    Not true.. There is a patch MP4 video downloader
    This is for the pre 3 , but I'm sure it can be tweaked for 2.2.4

[patch] MP4 Video Downloader

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Folks

nkjd
    Youtube app working fine on my Pre2 2.2.4. The icon has moved to the bottom of the app list though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn246 View Post
    Youtube app working fine on my Pre2 2.2.4. The icon has moved to the bottom of the app list though.
    Mine isn't there, also reboot didn't bring it up, It's also not listed under the Software inventory. Might be an issue with the German device. But I can live without the icon as the browser works ... I sitll have the 2.1 WebOS tar ball somewhere in case I find some time to extract it.

Thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Bah! Thanks... still shows 2.1.0 though.

Thought perhaps with a device that got the update maybe someone would turn up something else. Yeah, unlikely.
    My Pre 2 (unlocked, currently on o2 in the UK) received OTA update to 2.2.4 a few days ago now, but when I input my S/N on http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/webosdoctor.htm, it only offers me "webOS® Doctor™ for Palm® Pre 2 for EU. Build EU.109.108, webOS 2.1.0."
    Very much an unofficial update then
    I feel like an HP guinea pig...
    Last edited by Ranoulph; 12/13/2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: added title
    Anyone tried using one of the terminal emulators (Xterm/Terminal/Terminus) on 2.2.4 yet?
    XTerm seems to just hang on the startup screen, Terminal has disappeared and Terminus doesn't do anything!
    I'm guessing something else that needs to be updated for 2.2.4
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast