Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 363
Like Tree12Likes
  1. d0u8l3m's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #121  
    Did anyone who got the update see if they can get the corresponding doctor with it? palm.com/roms
  2. #122  
    I have a P102UEU version running 2.1 and no sign of an update yet. It's unlocked and nothing so far...maybe it is lined up somewhere for an update scheduled?

    Basically it has been the same every with every update so far beginning with the Pre - it took ages...
  3. #123  
    no update on P102UEU still ...
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  4. #124  
    Meh. Wake me up when the doctor is released so the rest of us can metadoctor to 2.2.4


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5. JJCook's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #125  
    Any chance in "heck" that Verizon Pre2 will see 2.2.4? What are your thoughts?
  6. #126  
    If it doesn't come out officially, I'm sure it will in the not extremely distant future. Or 3.0.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  7. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #127  
    Can people that updated please write what patches still work? (based on the solution described earlier)
    I'm still trying not to update until I'm sure, although I love some of the new things.
  8. #128  
    enabling Skype causes the phone app to become sluggish and unstable.
  9. #129  
    Loiter, I would highly recommend against even attempting any patch installations into an OS that there's no Doctor for at the moment.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  10. #130  
    Can someone with the update please check if Dr.Battery is still working and calibration is enabled?
    thanks
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Can people that updated please write what patches still work? (based on the solution described earlier)
    I'm still trying not to update until I'm sure, although I love some of the new things.
    Loiter, I can say that I have now successfully installed 16 patches from the webOS 2.2.3 patches feed:
    Add Move and Mark Unread Buttons
    Add Scrollbars to the Browser
    Advanced System Behavior
    Advanced System Menus (Framework, Device Menu, Mode Menu, Today Menu)
    Character Counter
    Charging Alert Sound Preference
    Close Slider to End Calls
    Fullscreen Mode Browser
    Hold Tap Context Menu
    Remove Send-Attach Buttons in compose view
    Russian layout for hardware keyboard
    UberCalendar

    I had to remove Advanced System Prefs patches because I found that these prevented me from syncing my Gmail and Facebook contacts and calendar.
    The other patches have produced no ill effects I have noticed.
    You will still of course be taking a risk, but it has worked for me.
    Last edited by Ranoulph; 12/11/2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: typo
  12. daglesj's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    #132  
    Dunno but battery life seems a bit better. From an evening recharge I still have 55% left at 2.30pm next day.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    Any chance in "heck" that Verizon Pre2 will see 2.2.4? What are your thoughts?
    When the doctor comes out we should be able to metadoctor to 2.2.4 for Verizon.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  14. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Can someone with the update please check if Dr.Battery is still working and calibration is enabled?
    thanks
    Hey Som,
    Dr. Battery is starting up and I can switch around the screens. They seem to work normally.
    The Calibration is available, but I haven't tried doing it. You want to know if that is working as well, or you just need to know if the screen is available?

    Greetings
    Chris
  15. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranoulph View Post
    Loiter, I can say that I have now successfully installed 16 patches from the webOS 2.2.3 patches feed:
    Add Move and Mark Unread Buttons
    Add Scrollbars to the Browser
    Advanced System Behavior
    Advanced System Menus (Framework, Device Menu, Mode Menu, Today Menu)
    Character Counter
    Charging Alert Sound Preference
    Close Slider to End Calls
    Fullscreen Mode Browser
    Hold Tap Context Menu
    Remove Send-Attach Buttons in compose view
    Russian layout for hardware keyboard
    UberCalendar

    I had to remove Advanced System Prefs patches because I found that these prevented me from syncing my Gmail and Facebook contacts and calendar.
    The other patches have produced no ill effects I have noticed.
    You will still of course be taking a risk, but it has worked for me.
    I use:
    Advanced System Prefs
    Advanced System Menus
    Advanced System Behavior
    Bookmarks List Button
    Character counter
    Google Sync Behavior Patch
    Greek keyboard
    No auto refresh after idle
    Save attachments to downloads folder
    SMS Vibrate to 1.5 second
    Turn dialpad tones off
    Uber Calendar
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon

    I can do with some of them, but the Advanced patches and some other are very usefull for me.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey Som,
    Dr. Battery is starting up and I can switch around the screens. They seem to work normally.
    The Calibration is available, but I haven't tried doing it. You want to know if that is working as well, or you just need to know if the screen is available?

    Greetings
    Chris
    This I name "Homebrew supporter". Thanks chris. No you don't need to calibrate. All I wanted to know is that all values are shown and you don't get the "calibratikn not suppoerted" message.
    Thanks
    EDIt: damn I still have to learn to type on the TP keyboard :-)
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I use:
    Advanced System Prefs
    Advanced System Menus
    Advanced System Behavior
    Bookmarks List Button
    Character counter
    Google Sync Behavior Patch
    Greek keyboard
    No auto refresh after idle
    Save attachments to downloads folder
    SMS Vibrate to 1.5 second
    Turn dialpad tones off
    Uber Calendar
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon

    I can do with some of them, but the Advanced patches and some other are very usefull for me.
    loiter, of the patches you mention, I'd advise against installing the Google sync behavior patch. The webOS 2.2.4 update is said to incorporate improved Google syncing, and it does indeed seem to sync fast and reliably. All the rest seem safe to me, except of course the Advanced System Prefs. It was specifically the Framework patch that busted my syncing (which was back to normal as soon as I removed the patch), but without the framework all the other ASP patches won't work of course.
    I guess we'll have to wait until sconix updates his excellent patches for the new version.
  18. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranoulph View Post
    loiter, of the patches you mention, I'd advise against installing the Google sync behavior patch. The webOS 2.2.4 update is said to incorporate improved Google syncing, and it does indeed seem to sync fast and reliably. All the rest seem safe to me, except of course the Advanced System Prefs. It was specifically the Framework patch that busted my syncing (which was back to normal as soon as I removed the patch), but without the framework all the other ASP patches won't work of course.
    I guess we'll have to wait until sconix updates his excellent patches for the new version.
    Yeah, probably. Sconix will do it soon I believe.
    I'm gonna stay away from the sync patch. I hope some of the others work fine.
    The greek keyboard I made, I know it works in Pre3s so I am sure about it.
  19. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranoulph View Post
    loiter, of the patches you mention, I'd advise against installing the Google sync behavior patch. The webOS 2.2.4 update is said to incorporate improved Google syncing, and it does indeed seem to sync fast and reliably. All the rest seem safe to me, except of course the Advanced System Prefs. It was specifically the Framework patch that busted my syncing (which was back to normal as soon as I removed the patch), but without the framework all the other ASP patches won't work of course.
    I guess we'll have to wait until sconix updates his excellent patches for the new version.
    I haven't installed any new patches after upgrading, but I could not feel an improvement on the google sync. Did you reset the account after the upgrade or did anything special (how was your upgrade routine)?
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    I haven't installed any new patches after upgrading, but I could not feel an improvement on the google sync. Did you reset the account after the upgrade or did anything special (how was your upgrade routine)?
    I should start by saying I never had any particular problems with Google syncing even before the update, so I never used the Google sync behavior patch.
    And no, I did not reset the account after the update.
    What I did after the update was check how sync was working by updating a couple of my gmail contacts, one on the gmail website on my PC, another in my Touchpad contacts.
    I then went into Contacts on the Pre, chose Preferences & Accounts from the app menu, tapped my Google Mail account and signed in.
    One difference I noticed at that stage was that there was no "Syncing Google Mail" notification, it just went back to the Preferences & Accounts screen almost immediately, and when I swiped back into Contacts proper and checked, the two updated contacts were present and correct.

    Added after a while:
    Sorry, my bad, looks like I was talking through my hat. Apparently the problems people have with Google syncing affect the calendar, not the contacts. Still, as I said, I had no such problems before or after updating to 2.2.4
    Last edited by Ranoulph; 12/11/2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: more info
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions