Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    I did just get a weird update situation on my Vzw Pre2 running 2.1.0.

It was... an update to 2.1.0...

Can't really tell any difference after updating. Bluetooth to my TP is definitely the same. Weird?
    Have you updated the Maps app and has the Google version reappeared? It sounds like what happened to you is this:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ease-read.html
    I've a UK Unlocked Pre2 and no update yet :-<,

Am I the only one with a UK unlocked Pre2 not got the update?
    First impressions:

1. Youtube app is gone, opens the browser on the mobile site (makes sense, since youtube supports HTML5 now) seems to load a media player
    2. Google maps - gone (did not work for me earlier today: LINK)
    3. Instead of google maps - the not-working-in-anywhere-not-us bing maps
    4. Indeed, there's Skype - under accounts. Can use it with "phone" - needs to sync contacts over first.

So far : hmmm - I am actually hoping the "minor updates to calendar sync" solve instability I experienced in the past.
    so...is it even worth it to haggle verizon for this update, with known fact it will be a he said/she said back and forth between palm and verizon about if/when it will be available, and the obvious 6 months it will take to release the damn update on vzw regardless of how much we pester the 2 sides...especially since one of the sides may no longer be existing after today?
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post

No i havent either. Keep opening up the Software manager, restarts to no avail.
  6. ktk

I have an unlocked Pre2 Europe version and don't see an update yet either.
    Phew . . . thought I'd been left out.
    Hopefully get it later today when Sunnyvale come on line . . . .
    Last edited by mc_wardy; 12/09/2011 at 10:22 AM.
    I look forward to a possible metadoctor of this for my sprint pre 2, but will patches all become available, as im sure a lot of people who made old patches jumped ship?
    Quote Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
    No i havent either. Keep opening up the Software manager, restarts to no avail.
    You should be checking system updates, not software manager. I have an unlocked Pre2 in the UK and am installing the update now.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danbailey007 View Post
    You should be checking system updates, not software manager. I have an unlocked Pre2 in the UK and am installing the update now.
    Roger that! Now downloading!

I tend to forget to scroll down that far.
    Quote Originally Posted by sook View Post
    Have you updated the Maps app and has the Google version reappeared? It sounds like what happened to you is this:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ease-read.html
    Wow yeah... that was exactly it. I had the new Maps app already and now Google Maps reappears, just with a link to the App Catalog page for the new program though. Oh well. Installed the new version and its back. Thanks
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Update failed! Kept saying the connection was lost (with wi-fi and 3G on) and then crapped out at validation saying I've got to wait.

Wont give me the option to update now.
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    have somebody with updated Pre2 access via http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm to new webos doctor ?
    I had the update; however, Palm's website is stating that webOS 2.1.0 is the latest ... :/

Mine is Palm Pre 2 Model P102UEU Hardware Version A Carrier ROW.

I don't think the webOS Doctor is released yet ...

Nope. No update yet for me either.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I just updated to 2.1 AGAIN and then had to upgrade to Bing maps again. Deja Vu... A disturbance in he matrix!
    The 2.24 update has shown up for my UK unlocked pre2 but it failed to install and hang up in the middle of the process... and now I am struggling with webOS Doctor 2.1 (2.2.4 not available).

After 3 attempts it is still failing to restore my phone ;-( I am now basically left with a bricked pre 2!!! [stopping at 12% of the webOS doctor and I wasn't able to resolve this]

Any help/suggestion would be welcome to restore my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by damienh View Post
    The 2.24 update has shown up for my UK unlocked pre2 but it failed to install and hang up in the middle of the process... and now I am struggling with webOS Doctor 2.1 (2.2.4 not available).

After 3 attempts it is still failing to restore my phone ;-( I am now basically left with a bricked pre 2!!! [stopping at 12% of the webOS doctor and I wasn't able to resolve this]

Any help/suggestion would be welcome to restore my phone
    Have you checked this thread http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...sue-fixed.html ... It might be helpful.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I can confirm that SMS forwarding works - as my other half found out when she got spammed by about 10 texts that I sent as tests in October but were sat waiting a phone connection. You have been warned!
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Ok just got it installed. Still got a YouTube app and added in my Skype account.

Nothing actually useful for me but its still an update so grateful.
    About the point that "youtube supports HTML5 now" .. Youtube has had HTML5 video for at least 2 years now. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to actually work on anything but Chrome - doesn't work on my TouchPad, my Pre, Opera or IE on my desktop. Haven't tried in CM7, too lazy to reboot.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast