Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Great, only 6 more months before the update is available for Verizon.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    ahh, American pre 2. No update :-( Dream about Skype on my phone!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post

Well, for me that is a minor comfort. I would rather have access to paid apps and buying a TouchPad (not via eBay) instead of receiving the latest updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post

for real. you said it dude.

I was really lookin forward to it, too

well, I think today is the day I take the sticker off my gsm pre2 and start using it! I was saving it for a rainy day, and it's totally raining webos right now. no sense in saving it anymore.

p.s. feature I'm looking forward to most is being able to sign into whichever I'M account(s) I choose, and not forced to sign to all.
    I find that the most significant is the Data At Rest Encryption.

This makes the Pre 2 (and hopefully the other Palm/HP devices in the future) acceptable in the enterprise.

This capability makes me hopeful that the announcement later today will be "positive" for continued webOS development at HP with possible Enterprise focus. And maybe licensing webOS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I've installed the update on my unlocked UK Pre 2 and everything seems to be working fine.

Just a small thing; the change log states that data encryption has been enabled. My company recently enforced an ecryption policy on it's exchange servers. With the update I was hoping that I would now be able to access my work email account again but I still get the same security error. Does anyone know if the data encryption applies to email or if you manually have to switch it on?
    No 2.2.4 update yet on my Massachusetts frankenpre.

But I get an odd message when I run System Updates. It says:

Your phone is up to date.

HP webOS 2.1 Feature Highlights

Be sure to try out the new
    features in HP webOS 2.1.

I'm brand new to Transylvania (I just franked my Pre 2 with a Sprint comm board yesterday) so I don't know much a out using a franked phone. I guess this message happens because I updated with the Doctor, not OTA. Is that right?

And does anyone know? Will I be able to update my frankenpre to 2.2.4?
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    No 2.2.4 update yet on my Massachusetts frankenpre.

But I get an odd message when I run System Updates. It says:

Your phone is up to date.

HP webOS 2.1 Feature Highlights

Be sure to try out the new
    features in HP webOS 2.1.

I'm brand new to Transylvania (I just franked my Pre 2 with a Sprint comm board yesterday) so I don't know much a out using a franked phone. I guess this message happens because I updated with the Doctor, not OTA. Is that right?

And does anyone know? Will I be able to update my frankenpre to 2.2.4?
    Check the WEBOSInternals twitter feed, there was a post on Frankenpre's on there.
    There is a new top bar in messaging app named Buddies. Don't know if these are my synergy buddies i.e. facebook, skype etc. I also tried to call via skype but I can't login via the phone to my skype account, Unknown error. Login via the computer works fine.

I can't understand why they changed the grey color for the PIN code num pad to blue again. With 2.1 they added the grey one which I though was great so you didn't mix it up with the lock num pad and now switched it back to blue again. Hope I don't find more of these "minor enhancements".
    There is a new top bar in messaging app named Buddies.
    New?????????????

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    New?????????????

Best Regards...
    I ran 2.1.0 on Pre2 before and if I have not been blind for 1 year it is new.
    Come ooonnnn verizon get us an update.
    Or come on HP push that update to us anyway!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    The changelog states "MAP for Bluetooth (SMS) - share texts/calls with Touchpad". Is that true for pre2
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    The changelog states "MAP for Bluetooth (SMS) - share texts/calls with Touchpad". Is that true for pre2
    MAP is listed in the Bluetooth protocols now, but my TP is at home so I can't confirm that the SMS relay works.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    please update if/when you can. I would love that feature!
    Downloading 2.2.4 on my Pre2(unlocked GSM EU) in Australia YAY for Skype!!!
    I did just get a weird update situation on my Vzw Pre2 running 2.1.0.

It was... an update to 2.1.0...

Can't really tell any difference after updating. Bluetooth to my TP is definitely the same. Weird?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    I ran 2.1.0 on Pre2 before and if I have not been blind for 1 year it is new.
    It is there on any device which has an IM Account enabled. No use it being there if you haven't set up an IM account. I'm assuming you connected Skype, and now its appeared. It is definitely here on my 2.1 Pre 2...
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    What the frick. it failed to validate and said it would try to download after a day or so?...now when i check for updates, it says the Pre2 is uptodate.

???
    I wish they included the bluetooth save setting feature the pre3 has. I hate always connecting my stuff when they should just sync auto when getting into my car.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast