Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    i wonder i this will fix the sms bug ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    I ran the OTA 2.2.4 yesterday on my unlocked Pre2. None of the patches worked afterwards....

Wonder if I can add a feed for 2.1 and install patches again. Someone that could answer?
    That would be very unwise. IF you wanted to try something like that, you'd chose the 2.2.3 patch feed. Very much not recommended however. Just be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post
    Skype Is want I really want!
    Sype is onboard PRE2 2.2.4!
    Quote Originally Posted by grotevoet View Post
    My Pre2 (UK, unlocked) [edit]is installing[/edit] installed the update.
    Booted fine, and made first call without issues.

@ Haze - if you need particular patches to be available you should wait with installing the OS updates until the developers have had a change to do their work and make their patches available for the new version.
    Yes that was also my intention But when I plugged it in to charge it started the update automatically whick I didn't notice. So when I woke up the day after it was with my new buddy
    I have tried Ubercalendar patch from the 2.2.3 feed and it works great so I'm happy at the moment.
    Holy crap....... US Model Pre 2, no updates here ...
    And we also got a new Enyo phone app!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Does anyone notice that the icons in the notification are are somewhat 'distorted' and lowres?
    Not until you mentioned it but I have to agree. Wonder if this has something to do with the resolution on the Pre2 compared to Veer / Pre3?
    Yes we do, Bing Maps is back in town ;-) But since Google doesn't work anymore and there are no other options that I have found it can just as well fill the empty space. Still wonder why Bing thinks my phone always is 30m to 100m away from myself. The phone also seems to move quickly between different spots on the map. Not very useful
    ***, right now I ran update and I still have 2.1.0
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Sorry, didn't read your post correctly. Are you talking about the standard phone app?? I don't see anything reminding me of Enyo in the phone app. It looks just the same as always. Can you specify please?
    The phone app is rewritten using enyo framework, instead of old mojo. it should work faster and nicer (despite the same old look). Pre3 has enyo phone app. It also uses skype to make calls
    have somebody with updated Pre2 access via http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm to new webos doctor ?
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    The phone app is rewritten using enyo framework, instead of old mojo. it should work faster and nicer (despite the same old look). Pre3 has enyo phone app. It also uses skype to make calls
    Sorry to burst your bubble. But, the enyo framework phone app on the Pre3 is just as laggy as the older mojo phone app. In fact it is a few steps backwards in terms of functionality and like everything else that comes out of the HP stable, is quite bug ridden. Of course, the Pre3 has 2.2.3 and this being 2.2.4, we could expect some change. But then again, based on HP's history with webOS, the change will more than likely be for the worse. Expecting actually improvements from a HP update, will only set you up for disappointment.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Here's a changelog from our overlords at webOS Internals:

Changelog for Pre 2 webOS 2.2.4: on Twitpic
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Found a new "mobile hotspot" that wasn't there before. Also the SIM locking code entry screen now has contrast, blue instead of pale grey. Wonder what else is new? Oh, A new YouTube app.... No Skype added in the EU version
    Anybody else find anything else that's new?
    Quote Originally Posted by LazPL View Post
    Found a new "mobile hotspot" that wasn't there before. Also the SIM locking code entry screen now has contrast, blue instead of pale grey. Wonder what else is new? Oh, A new YouTube app.... No Skype added in the EU version
    are you sure, that there's no skype ?
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Still nothing through here yet. We are in the UK.

I take it the update comes in regardless of carrier etc.?
    Unlocked Pre2 in the UK and update available! Just need to back everything up and sort patches etc.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by LazPL View Post
    Skype is there, but it's integrated into the messaging (ie text & I'M) app.

go to 'Accounts', add Skype (a new option), login and now your Skype contacts will appear in Contacts and will show up in 'Buddies' in messaging.

obviously no video chat (no front-facing camera!), but text msging works nicely!

...plus bluetooth integration with the Touchpad now allows full text message transfer, replies etc.

it'll do nicely...
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast