Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    I think Verizon will take their time. I don't expect it too soon.
    Nonetheless you could use MetaDoctor to upgrade to 2.2.4

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Want to know what's awesome about the 2.2.4 update to my Sprint Franken Unlocked Pre 2?

BFGMaps no longer trips a Luna restart!
    Skype messaging and calling works after you add an account.
    SMS forwarding to and from the Touchpad.
    Meta-doctoring kept all my settings and media/internal files intact (i.e. Mode Switcher, etc.).

Again, thanks to Abyssul and webos-internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    I think Verizon will take their time. I don't expect it too soon.
    My Verizon Pre 2 just notified me of an OTA to 2.2.4! GEEZ - I just did the meta-doctor on Sunday.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    My Verizon Pre 2 just notified me of an OTA to 2.2.4! GEEZ - I just did the meta-doctor on Sunday.
    I just checked and mine still says it's up-to-date at 2.1. I'll keep waiting. Hopefully, soon.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Yes, see this thread for my experiences last night for Sprint OTA from 2.2.1 to 2.2.4:

2.2.4 OTA for Sprint FrankenPre
    sweet! thanks so much bluenote!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    2.2.4 preware feed down for you guys to (returning 404 error) I can get any of my patches back ;(
    Update worked fine on my NA Unlocked GSM phone (P102UNA). Only had one patch installed (Data in Device Menu) which has a 2.2.4 version already. - Thanks Jason
    Skype works nicely.
    Still have Bing Maps (which is hopeless in New Zealand). Anyone know what it's supposed to be - I've read on this thread both Bing and Google Maps.
    BFGMaps and GPX mapper now both won't recognize scroll movement on screen.
    SDL Terminal doesn't work - uninstalled and now not available - will await an update
    OpenSSH and rsync seem to work.
    are you pulling a fast one?

anyone else get this update on vzw ota?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post

Nothing yet here on verizon on the official pre2 2.1.0

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    and so here we go again, on the long wait for an official vzw release.

sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpling View Post
    SDL Terminal doesn't work - uninstalled and now not available - will await an update
    just realised SDLterminal not available from preware. Tried to install the ipk using preware - wouldn't install. Installed Terminus instead - won't run.
    is there a Linux Terminal app that works with 2.2.4?
    that's one point what is holding me back from 2.2.4.
    i think you have to use xecuter and some other tool now to get a terminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post

I don't really see a difference, since the OTA update. Like I said, though, I had already doctored using Abyssul's script so maybe that's why the update came through. All the patches stayed in place, etc. I dunno, but it really did come through the Update page.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I don't really see a difference, since the OTA update. Like I said, though, I had already doctored using Abyssul's script so maybe that's why the update came through. All the patches stayed in place, etc. I dunno, but it really did come through the Update page.
    It's because of the metadoctor you got the update. It's the same reason the Sprint guys are picking up 2.2.4 OTA on the FrankenPre2s. Once you change the identifier so it doesn't freak out that you have 2.2.4 on Verizon it doesn't know that you shouldn't have the OTA update anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearda View Post
    It's because of the metadoctor you got the update. It's the same reason the Sprint guys are picking up 2.2.4 OTA on the FrankenPre2s. Once you change the identifier so it doesn't freak out that you have 2.2.4 on Verizon it doesn't know that you shouldn't have the OTA update anymore.
    You're right. Thanks for clearing that up. I got the sim tools app that they're talking about in the other thread.
    Is there a way to keep this update from automatically installing on my pre2? I got the message saying that it would install the next time I charge, and I'm just not ready for that yet. It is running so smoothly right now with 2.1, I don't want to change anything...

I want to stop the webos update from occurring, but still allow app updates. Is that possible? I also want to be able to update the os manually still.. eventually I'll probably want to update. I just want to be able to CHOOSE when this happens.

Anyone know?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Is there a way to keep this update from automatically installing on my pre2? I got the message saying that it would install the next time I charge, and I'm just not ready for that yet. It is running so smoothly right now with 2.1, I don't want to change anything...

I want to stop the webos update from occurring, but still allow app updates. Is that possible? I also want to be able to update the os manually still.. eventually I'll probably want to update. I just want to be able to CHOOSE when this happens.

Anyone know?
    There is a topic in the Touchpad forums about this. I don't know if it works for Pre2 too. You need to run some commands. If you got to the next charge thing though, you don't have much time.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I still don't have an update for my Verizon Pre2. I am really looking forward to SMS sharing with my TP.
    I try to download OTA the new version but always get a message: "Unable to connect.Try again later."
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlatzis View Post
    I try to download OTA the new version but always get a message: "Unable to connect.Try again later."
    You might not have a strong enough data connection where you are...keep trying. If that still doesn't seem to work, a restart never hurts to clear things out.