Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 363
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccgx View Post
    Why not just directly install the latest preware version with webOS Quick Install?
    Of course I will have to do this...but I supposed the preware updates will be provided as usual...this behaviour has never happened before (with all already tried versions 2.0.0->2.0.1->2.1.0)...

    EDIT: After installation of Preware v1.8.3 via WQI it works as usual, update to v1.9.7 provided immediately and patches and themes are working :-)
    Last edited by xkovi; 12/16/2011 at 04:23 PM.
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    2.2.3 is nearly an equivalant to the 2.2.4. The only difference is that they are for separate devices. It seems like Palm is giving each device their own version number even if they are remarkable similar (excluding the kernel and a few drivers).
    There is a 2.2.4 build for Veer according to the Veer 2.2.3 thread (also obviously a 2.2.3 for Veer).

    WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3. #243  
    Update my Sprint Unlocked Franken Pre2 to 2.2.4, only issue is the volumn buttons no longer seem to work. Not sure about sound in general as it seems to work everywhere except Pandora, no sound.... Going to finish installing apps, reboot and test again....

    Anyone else have similiar issues?
  4. #244  
    I tried the meta-doctor script provided by Abyssul and no Skype

    How many people have just used the 2.2.4 NA Unlocked doctor on their Sprint Pre 2 and had it work the first time?
  5. #245  
    Ok, got sound working.... Too impatient to wait for a reboot cause I have nearly 200 paid apps, most of which are pdk apps and my ritual of re-installing them all generally takes a while. But, in the end, a reboot fixed my sound.
  6. #246  
    I used the same script from Abyssul and have had no problems with Skype, although, I've only tested messaging, and not calls yet cause no one is available....

    In regards to a few other posts, I have not seen the issue yet with fuzzed out notification icons. Voice dial does not work, it failed during install and I honestly have no desire to fix it as I used it once, when it was first available, and have never had the need... But, if someone does have a fix for that, I'll take it just for giggles and shats.

    My phone does show an update notification to take my Pre2 to 2.2.4, even though i'm there.... I am going to apply it and watch the changes to see if it might patch up any other random issues. Anyone else doctored their Pre2 to 2.2.4 and then applied the ota update to 2.2.4???
  7. #247  
    That sounds like the long time OTA update bug that has been around forever, and randomly pops up for some people even though they are up to date. Happens even when your last update was OTA.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8. #248  
    Ok, well I tried the WR doctor instead of the meta-doctor'd doctor, and it works the same. It must be like was said earlier: since the Sprint Pre 2 could OTA to 2.1 without issue, it must be capable of updating to 2.2.4 with the WR doctor without issue as well.

    We'll still need the meta-doctor for new Sprint Pre 2's, but it looks like we won't need it for phones that have already gone through the process.
  9. #249  
    btw ccgx posted on webos-blog.de that the official beta 2.2.4 doctor erases USB partition, just saying.
    webOS 2.2.4 Pre 2 Doctor nun verfügbar | webOS Blog
  10. d0u8l3m's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #250  
    too bad there isnt a way to get the server where the update is and then tell the other phones where to download the update =[ i really am not in the mood to doctor and resetup my phone
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I tried the meta-doctor script provided by Abyssul and no Skype

    How many people have just used the 2.2.4 NA Unlocked doctor on their Sprint Pre 2 and had it work the first time?
    I have 5-10 successful reports. Make sure you use either my new script in my original post or use the scropt in the metadoctor script folder (both uptodate and written by me).

    Activate skype by going to the messaging app and adding an account.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by projectalarum View Post
    I used the same script from Abyssul and have had no problems with Skype, although, I've only tested messaging, and not calls yet cause no one is available....

    In regards to a few other posts, I have not seen the issue yet with fuzzed out notification icons. Voice dial does not work, it failed during install and I honestly have no desire to fix it as I used it once, when it was first available, and have never had the need... But, if someone does have a fix for that, I'll take it just for giggles and shats.

    My phone does show an update notification to take my Pre2 to 2.2.4, even though i'm there.... I am going to apply it and watch the changes to see if it might patch up any other random issues. Anyone else doctored their Pre2 to 2.2.4 and then applied the ota update to 2.2.4???
    The faux 2.2.4 update is expected and you are recommended to install it. Just like the faux 2.1.0 update, it is reported that the update fixes voice dialing.

    Here is an example of the notification fuzzing. Reported on Pre2's updated officially as well as metadoctor.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    btw ccgx posted on webos-blog.de that the official beta 2.2.4 doctor erases USB partition, just saying.
    webOS 2.2.4 Pre 2 Doctor nun verfügbar | webOS Blog
    There is nothing beta about this update. The initial rollout was beta in the sense that they were (or still are) sending it to a few devices at a time.

    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Ok, well I tried the WR doctor instead of the meta-doctor'd doctor, and it works the same. It must be like was said earlier: since the Sprint Pre 2 could OTA to 2.1 without issue, it must be capable of updating to 2.2.4 with the WR doctor without issue as well.

    We'll still need the meta-doctor for new Sprint Pre 2's, but it looks like we won't need it for phones that have already gone through the process.
    This can be a reasonable method of updating since the doctor skips the modem update if it detects that the phone is CDMA. It also seems like the 2.2.4 doctor doesn't do a model check (or carrier/modem check) or else it would tell you that you have the wrong doctor.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  14. #254  
    Just tried to update my NA Unlocked FrankenPre 2 using just the doctor. Either I don't know what I'm doing, or it just didn't work. The doctor was successful, but when my phone finished rebooting, it was doing the network error. So, I swapped radios back in to my original Pre, doctored back to 1.4.5, and now I'm in the process of meta-doctoring the FrankenPre 2 back to it's original state.

    Probably shouldn't have picked Friday night to do all of this, as I hope I'm not missing out on the outside world, but I think I'll just wait until an official meta-doctor is released
  15. #255  
    I bet 2.2.4 and 3.0.5 were supposed to come out together. Hopefully when it is released things will start all working together.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Just tried to update my NA Unlocked FrankenPre 2 using just the doctor. Either I don't know what I'm doing, or it just didn't work. The doctor was successful, but when my phone finished rebooting, it was doing the network error. So, I swapped radios back in to my original Pre, doctored back to 1.4.5, and now I'm in the process of meta-doctoring the FrankenPre 2 back to it's original state.

    Probably shouldn't have picked Friday night to do all of this, as I hope I'm not missing out on the outside world, but I think I'll just wait until an official meta-doctor is released
    The official metadoctor is released, just in alpha (should be beta) stage. You should've used the metadoctor and not original doctor.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The official metadoctor is released, just in alpha (should be beta) stage. You should've used the metadoctor and not original doctor.
    Thanks, I'm now realizing that Not really sure what I was thinking there. Guess I just got too ahead of myself, I'll mess with it again this weekend.
  18. #258  
    Just finished using the webos 2.2.4 doctor on my Unlocked Sprint Frankenpre 2 and everything works perfectly. I'm quite amazed that nothing went wrong.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > Pre- > Pixi > Franken Pre2 >
    TouchPad 32gb
  19. #259  
    I've also noticed I now have the HP Mobile Hotspot app, and it works... Not sure how this got slipped in but I like it.
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by projectalarum View Post
    I've also noticed I now have the HP Mobile Hotspot app, and it works... Not sure how this got slipped in but I like it.
    You got it from the 2.2.4 faux update after doctoring. I recommend the freeTether app, especially if you suddenly got some outrageous fees from your carrier for using the mobile hotspot app....


    Quote Originally Posted by darkeru View Post
    Just finished using the webos 2.2.4 doctor on my Unlocked Sprint Frankenpre 2 and everything works perfectly. I'm quite amazed that nothing went wrong.
    Its taking a risk, and I would suggest anyone that has a original Verizon Pre2 or FrankenPre2 to use the meta-doctor.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions