Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Anyone else getting blurry and slightly larger notification icons in the dashboard? Others are reporting the same. I can't patch it either...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    My Sprint Franken Unlocked Pre 2 is running succesfully on 2.2.4!!

No meta doctoring needed, I had recently tried installing the normal Unlocked Pre2 Doctor expecting an error or epic fail but it worked! So I thought why not try the 2.2.4 Doctor and surpise surprise it worked too!

Been texting from the Touchpad (at work hehehe)

HAPPINESSSSSSS!!!!
    I wonder if it ignored flashing the modem and kept the previous revision (which is CDMA), especially since the frankenPre2s report themselves as ROW/WR.

Doctored the uk unlocked pre 2 to 2.2.4 i used the doctor linked on the webOS internals site. Thanks to any one who contributred to that.

Skype is good and works well. Default is off for voice calls, its a bit all or nothing, I've set it to ask for each call initiated.

Missing a few patches and preware apps, so if anything needs testings let me know.
    2.2.4 working fine from a doctor on a NA-Unlocked Pre2. Battery time seems questionable, but all functions seem to work. I don't think my carrier allows the Tether app that comes with it, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Anyone else getting blurry and slightly larger notification icons in the dashboard? Others are reporting the same. I can't patch it either...
    I got only the email notification icon blurried. the rest seams normal to me.
    I wonder if it ignored flashing the modem and kept the previous revision (which is CDMA), especially since the frankenPre2s report themselves as ROW/WR.

I was watching the command window and it detected the cdma modem firmware info and modem updater came up but I'm not sure if it tried to update it or not.

the doctor did wipe my usb data though, good thing I had saved everything!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by ccgx View Post
    I got only the email notification icon blurried. the rest seams normal to me.
    All the notification icons are slightly larger than normal which is making them blurry. It will affect any 3rd party apps that rely on the dashboard too. I tested it with wIRC.

I just installed 2.2.4 on my Sprint Pre 2, working good, everything is still there
    Quote Originally Posted by arnott View Post
    so, only HP employees in the US are getting the updates ? when will the update be available for non-hp pre 2 owners ?
    I dont work anywhere near HP.
    And its been available for my Pre2 since Dec 9.
    I used the doctor to install it on my NA Pre 2 and it feels slower. The messaging freeze bug still seems to be there as well. There is also something bugging me in the Phone program. I attached a picture with some parts circled. Two corners of one of the boxes is messed up. I haven't tested Skype yet, but it's a welcome addition.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have to reboot my TouchPad extremely regularly two keep the two-way MAP link running, otherwise the TouchPad just stops receiving messages
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    There's a issue with using my touchpad to sms from my pre 2 with the update, I can send only one message and no more will send, I reboot my touchpad and send one more each time I reboot
    SMS works fine for me. At first it was wacky, but I restarted my phone and TP.

my palm pre2 updated from webOS 2.1 to 2.2.4 without issues (not during the update).

...but I am missing my 'patches' (the Brightness Control in Top Menu, the "no-PIN-to-Unlock", the Date, Silent Sign added to top bar... etc)

I tried to find them with QuickInstaller - but don't see them there... I don't even remember how i got them on...

anyway... happy to have a brand new webOS without doing anything than saying "yes"...
    First of all, it was a US GSM Unlocked Developer Pre 2 that was Sprintified using the meta doctor script for 2.1.0

I then ran the 2.1.0 OTA Update that appeared shortly after the Sprintification.

Installed Sprint Navigation and TV, all worked excellent for a few months.

One morning some of my accounts were missing I don't know how or why so i decided to re-doctor but this time I used the normal Unlocked Pre 2 Webos Doctor, no meta. It worked.

I restored my applications and accounts, reinstalled all my preferred patches and Uberkernel, etc, all was well.

When the 2.2.4 Doctor became available I decided to go ahead with it:

-I saved the Preware Package List
    -backed up with Save/Restore
    -turned off and erased Palm Profile Backup, then turned it back on and made a new backup
    -I copied the contents of my USB partition to my PC
    -Ran EPR and removed all themes, patches and kernel
    -Rebooted
    -Ran 2.2.4 Doctor, it wiped the USB partition but everything works.

Restored applications and accounts, settings, added Skype, installed Sprint Nav and TV and have been using it with the TP for messaging with no problems at all.

The only con: There are almost no patches available in Preware even with the beta feeds!!!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    First of all, it was a US GSM Unlocked Developer Pre 2 that was Sprintified using the meta doctor script for 2.1.0
    Thanks neit. Think I'll give this a shot this afternoon All I really want is TP messaging, but I'm not skilled enough to mess with the scripts that John posted. This is a bit more lengthy process, but a lot easier.
    The only con: There are almost no patches available in Preware even with the beta feeds!!!
    2.2.4 was literally just released.... you guys have to give it a lil while like with any other webOS update.

Personally on my 2.2.3 device (Pre3) I run 2.2.0 patches and other 2.x patches, you do so at your own risk with no support... I haven't updated a Pre2 to 2.2.4 yet, so I can't speak to other version patches working on 2.2.4.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Nearly all of the 2.2.3 patches work for 2.2.4.

Nearly all of the 2.2.3 patches work for 2.2.4.
    Thanks for verifying... I figured the would being a 0.0.1 bump. Like I said running a mix of various 2.x patches on my Pre3. (I say again not recommended and if you do it don't expect support beyond being told to doctor)

Is there a patch out there for 2.x to hide the launcher icon, like there is on the TouchPad? I remember reading about one for phones, but thought it was 1.x only.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Thanks for verifying... I figured the would being a 0.0.1 bump. Like I said running a mix of various 2.x patches on my Pre3. (I say again not recommended and if you do it don't expect support beyond being told to doctor)

Is there a patch out there for 2.x to hide the launcher icon, like there is on the TouchPad? I remember reading about one for phones, but thought it was 1.x only.
    2.2.3 is nearly an equivalant to the 2.2.4. The only difference is that they are for separate devices. It seems like Palm is giving each device their own version number even if they are remarkable similar (excluding the kernel and a few drivers).