Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Still no update in Developer Sim Free Pre2 in the UK. Already tried trough WIFI, O2, Vodafone and Three everyday in different places. I have restarted the phone and tried basically everything but still nothing. System Update says that phone is up-to-date in 2.1. Pre does not have any patches at the moment.

What should i do next or should I just wait ?
    I have one of the sim free Pre2s bought from eBay BNIB from a HP employee and when it broke (something to with a cable flex) I tried to get it fixed by HP and the agent said it was registered as a device sold in the US not one of the UK inventory so I am wondering is this a reason I have yet to get the update?

On the repair side of things after several minutes of me arguing they agreed to fix it free of charge though :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannond View Post
    Still no update in Developer Sim Free Pre2 in the UK. Already tried trough WIFI, O2, Vodafone and Three everyday in different places. I have restarted the phone and tried basically everything but still nothing. System Update says that phone is up-to-date in 2.1. Pre does not have any patches at the moment.

What should i do next or should I just wait ?
    http://twitter.com/webosinternals/st...79254683828224
    The WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor now supports webOS 2.2.4 on the Pre 2 GSM models P102UEU and P102UNA
    Does that mean I can use it to metadoctor my Sprint Pre 2 to 2.2.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Does that mean I can use it to metadoctor my Sprint Pre 2 to 2.2.4?
    Not yet, but soon.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I think you need a 2.2.4 doc. But don't think its avail. Ask Rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Just tweeted avail now :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Its available. Rod is making the scripts now, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Its available. Rod is making the scripts now, I think.
    Glad he hasn't got a real job as well
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

somline likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by safford View Post
    Hi There,

I'm just outside of Boston, MA, USA and I received the 2.2.4 update on my unlocked GSM Pre2 on Friday, 9 DEC 11. I work for HP, so that may be why it looks like I'm one of the first US-based people to receive the update and let folks know in this forum.
    I had an update available message in the System Updates app on Fri Dec 9th as well. I'm just south of you on LI. Got a Pre2 off eBay, unlocked.

And its still at 2.1. Intentionally!
    If you have alpha feeds enabled, you could test the Verizon-based Meta doctor script that I made for 2.2.4. Its intention is for Sprint frankenPre2s, but it should work with a regular Verizon as well.

If it's not there, here is a link. If you have to ask how to use it, then don't even bother.
    Verizon FrankenPre2 for Sprint (and maybe regular Verizon Pre2):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?17j89jvynjqjs62

Unlocked FrankenPre2 for Sprint:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1y5esdpkejct21v

If you downloaded the script before 2:20 PM (eastern), please redownload as this version includes Skype (hopefully). Note this is alpha stuff.

Edit (again): Verizon script failed. This new one works. Use this or one in git.

Twitter
    Last edited by Abyssul; 12/15/2011 at 10:18 PM.

Look on page 213 of the how-install-webos-2-1-0-pre-pre-using-meta-doctor I created two scripts (the test script is now also part of the meta doctor process), this will meta-doctor your device to 2.2.4, however, I also created a getbt script to extract the BlueTooth files from the 2.2.4 doctor and one can copy over to Pre+ and Pre2 (both running WebOS 2.1.0) and MAP works with touchpad...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/15/2011 at 01:58 AM. Reason: WebOS 2.1.0 reference...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Look on page 213 of the how-install-webos-2-1-0-pre-pre-using-meta-doctor I created two scripts (the test script is now also part of the meta doctor process), this will meta-doctor your device to 2.2.4, however, I also created a getbt script to extract the BlueTooth files from the 2.2.4 doctor and one can copy over to Pre+ and Pre2 (both running WebOS 2.1.0) and MAP works with touchpad...
    Awesome. Yours is more geared towards the stock Verizon Pre2 users. I'm after the frankenPre2 peeps. Mine is just previous modified rwhitby scripts.

Go shoot a post over at:
    2.2.4 for the VZW Pre 2?

As the HP employee I've been able to update my Pre2 since this weekend...I did it yesterday, but forgot to uninstall patches at first...got several issues and unstable behaviour so I tried full erase but still there were some strange behaviour and lag....

Finally, I did a complete reflash via official webosdoctor to v2.1 and immediately an update to v2.2.4 then...now everything is ok, the OS is quick and no lag...

On the other hand, I've installed Preware v1.5 and it doesn't provide update to v1.8.6. even if I tried several feeds updates and still no way...no available patches but also updating with different themes doesn't work...very strange compared to previous try - there were no problems to change a theme (but as I wrote I felt strange behaviour and lag...)

Don't you have some ideas what to do? :-)
    I have the issue with lag aswell, I didn't uninstall some of my patches before the update either. I'll re-flash to a clean phone then update after.

If anyone is wondering, my pre2 is a UK unlocked handset, and i flashed it with the doctor that's available to download from the WebOS internals wiki.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xkovi View Post
    [...]
    On the other hand, I've installed Preware v1.5 and it doesn't provide update to v1.8.6.
    [...]
    Don't you have some ideas what to do? :-)
    Why not just directly install the latest preware version with webOS Quick Install?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    so, only HP employees in the US are getting the updates ? when will the update be available for non-hp pre 2 owners ?
    williamsburg, va, no update
    My Sprint Franken Unlocked Pre 2 is running succesfully on 2.2.4!!

No meta doctoring needed, I had recently tried installing the normal Unlocked Pre2 Doctor expecting an error or epic fail but it worked! So I thought why not try the 2.2.4 Doctor and surpise surprise it worked too!

Been texting from the Touchpad (at work hehehe)

HAPPINESSSSSSS!!!!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Anyone gone through the verizon metadoctor process yet to get 2.2.4 on Verizon? Sounds like a fun project for the night..
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast