Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccgx View Post
    Does anyone else have the problems that AIM contacts wont show up in the buddy list in the messenging app? got this problem after a restart yesterday. going online isnt a problem, I just cant see any of my contacts there. Logging into AIM from my PC shows all the contacts...
    does really no one else have this problem? same problem for other messenging services...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    How'd you do that??
    So have a look over in the Veer forum "WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer", and at the link below

WebOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 for HP Veer | herrie82
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Done this patch and no I cannot call out to any number longer than 4 digits (so 121 works, 2222 - the vodafone traffic service works, my home number doesn't).

Anyone any ideas why before I doctor it back to 2.1?

Alan
    Gone back to 2.1 and its all ok.

The only thing I can think of is that I installed the virtual keyboard fix under 2.1 and it caused some sort of phone issue under 2.2.4.

alan
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    So, are we saying the 2.2.4 release is a bust?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    pueblo, colorado no new webos updates.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Gone back to 2.1 and its all ok.

The only thing I can think of is that I installed the virtual keyboard fix under 2.1 and it caused some sort of phone issue under 2.2.4.

alan
    Had the same fix, but haven't had your issue... But tell you another funny thing, now all my calls are "international" and the phone app asks me if I want to use Skype or my operator to call. It's just that it says that for ANY numbers that has the intl. prefix in them, even if I call within the same country. Stupider & stupider.
    Quote Originally Posted by LazPL View Post
    Had the same fix, but haven't had your issue... But tell you another funny thing, now all my calls are "international" and the phone app asks me if I want to use Skype or my operator to call. It's just that it says that for ANY numbers that has the intl. prefix in them, even if I call within the same country. Stupider & stupider.
    In the phone app, swipe down from the top left select prefs/accounts turn international dialing on/off (whatever you want it to do) toggle "use" just below Int. Dial. switch between always ask, skype or your service provider.

Below are the commands that T/C user Herrie posted WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer here so that someone with a 2.2.4 Veer could make a backup of the Veer OS. Unfortunately since then, that backup found its way onto the internet, and now lots of Veer owners have updated their phones manually, and are enjoying improved functionality and SMS sharing with their Touchpads :-) Not sure if this helps any Pre2 users?

* Install java if you don't have it
    * Install the novacom driver, using Jason's Universal novacom installer (it will ask you to download a webos doctor file, you could select the 2.1.1 wr for veer).

git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git

when it gives "done", type:
    cd meta-doctor (PRESS ENTER)

mkdir downloads (PRESS ENTER)

Get this file, it's a webos doctor for a no-brand Veer (wr), it should work for this as we only need one file to boot the Veer, save it in \home\yourusername\meta-doctor\downloads, rename it to webosdoctorp160unawr-2.1.1.jar

Plug in your Veer (charge mode) and type:

make DEVICE=veer CARRIER=wr memboot backup (PRESS ENTER)

You will get the uncompressing messages, then your Veer will reboot to enter a recovery mode, then you should get some unmounting messages, followed by Cloning messages, and at last some mounting messages. After that your Pixi should reboot again

This should be more than enough.

There will be a directory inside the clones directory, there's the place where the backup will be.

Hi There,

I'm just outside of Boston, MA, USA and I received the 2.2.4 update on my unlocked GSM Pre2 on Friday, 9 DEC 11. I work for HP, so that may be why it looks like I'm one of the first US-based people to receive the update and let folks know in this forum.

I've seen all the missing patch & app behaviors and moved apps discussed throughout this thread. I run a bunch of patches for messaging, battery indication, and SMS notification changes.

I tried the preware 2.2.3 feed method mentioned on page 6, but only saw a bunch of errors on the list update, so I deleted the feed.

I'll wait patiently for the app & patch developers to validate and post their work on 2.2.4. I really appreciate the work that they do. Times like this remind me that I need to do more donations.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by safford View Post
    Hi There,

I'm just outside of Boston, MA, USA and I received the 2.2.4 update on my unlocked GSM Pre2 on Friday, 9 DEC 11. I work for HP, so that may be why it looks like I'm one of the first US-based people to receive the update and let folks know in this forum.

I've seen all the missing patch & app behaviors and moved apps discussed throughout this thread. I run a bunch of patches for messaging, battery indication, and SMS notification changes.

I tried the preware 2.2.3 feed method mentioned on page 6, but only saw a bunch of errors on the list update, so I deleted the feed.

I'll wait patiently for the app & patch developers to validate and post their work on 2.2.4. I really appreciate the work that they do. Times like this remind me that I need to do more donations.

Regards,
    Do you have access to the 2.2.4 doctor? If you do, or can get it, you should get a copy to Rod at webOS Internals. Please, for the sake of the community!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Looks like the Southern Hemisphere location error is still there. GPS outside actually works very quickly now, but Google Services still throws up latitude and longitude errors.

In saying that, turning off Google Services for the first time I have been able to get a GPS lock in Foursquare *inside* my work Sweet!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    ok, nice, 2.2.4 broke my messenging app completely, I cant even receive sms anymore...

back to 2.1...

edit: nice thing, I just got my hands onto the doctor for 2.2.4
    Last edited by ccgx; 12/14/2011 at 10:12 AM.
    perhaps i repeat the posting a page ago:

webOS 2.2.4 update available for Pre2

http://www.webos-blog.de/2011-12-13-...allen-geraten/
    English Version:

During the last few days there were a couple of discussions about the webOS 2.2.4 update for the Pre 2. Until today not all of Pre 2 owners received the update and we wonder under which criteria the update got distributed. Now i have HP-internal documents here which should give indication about a couple of questions.

First of all, the 2.2.4 Version for the Pre 2 is according to the documents marked as a “Beta” Version and is not an official webOS-release. Actually the update should only go out to devices of HP-employees but many devices who were given away on various webOS Events and were sold over the palm-eurostore are included. The “official” developer devices who were given away over the developer device program (such as my Pre 2 and many others on who confirmed it on twitter) are not included in the update. Additionally i have an excel-sheet here with the devices (IMEI and serial number) that are eligible for the update.

There is a webOS Doctor too (Build 163.160) but it will only sent to customers who have serious problems with their device. The webOS Doctor will with a high chance sent to me during the day so stay tuned for updates!
    The head of Developer Relations said otherwise. Sorry.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    So where is that doctor for the update? I'll give that a shot after my vacation...it seems this was the last horay of the old webOS. Something like a stutter on a server...glad I'll have a chance to get this on my Pre2...how do I get it on my non branded german veer?
    ok, nice, 2.2.4 broke my messenging app completely, I cant even receive sms anymore...

back to 2.1...

Please get a hold of Rod Whitby (via PM) and make arrangements with him so webOS Internals has access to that doctor .

Thanks in advance from the user community here at webOSnation
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    So where is that doctor for the update? I'll give that a shot after my vacation...it seems this was the last horay of the old webOS. Something like a stutter on a server...glad I'll have a chance to get this on my Pre2...how do I get it on my non branded german veer?
    the guy from hp I chated with said they probably release the doctor "soon" but you know what that could be at hp (;
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Please get a hold of Rod Whitby (via PM) and make arrangements with him so webOS Internals has access to that doctor .

Thanks in advance from the user community here at webOSnation
    I already contacted him on twitter so I can send him a direct message there. or is there a quicker way? ^^

back to 2.1...

Maybe the same problem we had with the Veers, ie: you will need to update the modem firmware with the update to 2.2.4? were you using a Palm sanctioned update, or one provided by another forum member?

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Maybe the same problem we had with the Veers, ie: you will need to update the modem firmware with the update to 2.2.4? were you using a Palm sanctioned update, or one provided by another forum member?
    Update offered via Sysupdate app, pretty official (;

The messaging app broke some time after the update, so something other killed it, not the update.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast