1.    #1  
    Like the subject line says, after doctoring my Sprint Franken Pre2 shows running 2.1 and System Updates shows my phone is up to date. This would normally be great except that this update after doctoring is what has gotten the Voice Dial app running in the past.

A little history....

I successfully built this Sprint Franken Pre2 in early November using the instructions here;

Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals
    and
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

After the initial build I checked for updates using System Updates and it downloaded and installed as described in the WebOS 2 Upgrade Instructions. After this Voice Dial functioned perfectly

During the past month I got a little carried away with patches and found the device was leaking memory and becoming less stable and decided to re-doctor. I have used my originally created doctor built on 11/8/11 and one built just today 12/8/11 using the ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.1.0.

Neither one will find any available update after activation and therefore the Voice Dial app does not function.

Any ideas what has changed in the last month to cause this or is there a way to force this update to gain the working Voice Dial?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Flogger
    Sounds like you covered the bases. Only thing that comes to mind is the recent server-side Backups failure.
    you could try running the VZ 2.1 doctor
  4.    #4  
    Wow! With the release of 2.2.4 and the Open Source announcement from HP, I suppose I may just wait it out a bit unless anyone else has a suggestion to try. I have seen the WebOS Internals tweets regarding 2.2.4 and it may pay to be patient.
    did you do the "git pull" and "clobber" steps mentioned in the Wiki? I think you need to run those commands if you were running a previous metadoc
  6.    #6  
    Yes I did use "make clobber" and "git pull" to clean and freshen the MetaDoctor environment. In addition, I have deleted the entire directory and built from scratch even the downloads to eliminate that possibility.

The first reply by ananimus mentioned the backup problems last week as a possibility. I was not getting successful backups for a period but did just prior to the re MetaDoctor. The device continues to backup both automatically and manually. I have tried deleting backups in a effort to regain the update option. Also created new profile attempting the same.

Couple more questions

Is there anything in Impostah that would allow me to pick up this previously supplied OTA update?

Anyone else done a Sprint Franken Pre 2 in the last week experiencing this too?
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Yes I did use "make clobber" and "git pull" to clean and freshen the MetaDoctor environment. In addition, I have deleted the entire directory and built from scratch even the downloads to eliminate that possibility.

The first reply by ananimus mentioned the backup problems last week as a possibility. I was not getting successful backups for a period but did just prior to the re MetaDoctor. The device continues to backup both automatically and manually. I have tried deleting backups in a effort to regain the update option. Also created new profile attempting the same.

Couple more questions

Is there anything in Impostah that would allow me to pick up this previously supplied OTA update?

Anyone else done a Sprint Franken Pre 2 in the last week experiencing this too?
    have u tried running the stock VZ 2.1 doctor??
  8.    #8  
    Not yet.

Are you suggesting installing the Verizon Doctor and then back to the MetaDoctored version or the Verizon version for good?

I saw a recent post from rpiatt stating 1 week in how his Sprint FrankenPre 2 experience went. I will see if he was successful running the update after doctoring.
    Not yet.

Are you suggesting installing the Verizon Doctor and then back to the MetaDoctored version or the Verizon version for good?

I saw a recent post from rpiatt stating 1 week in how his Sprint FrankenPre 2 experience went. I will see if he was successful running the update after doctoring.
    just run the VZ 2.1 doctor and sign back into your profile
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Not yet.

Still no voice dial update for me. I have a ton of business travel in the next two weeks, so I'll be holding off on my re-doctoring until the week between Xmas and New Years.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I just got my Franken pre 2 and have the same problem. The icon will light up but will not activate. I also can't launch any channel from the sprint tv app. Any advise?
    You're not the only one - Voicedial doesn't work on my Sprint Frankenpre, either.

It worked for a while, and then I started adding patches and tweaks, and it stopped working and killed my volume controls. Now all it does is light up and not load.

Hope we can figure this out soon -
  13.    #13  
    Update

Per booyapre's suggestion I Doctored with the official Verizon Pre2 2.1 version found here and all is well with voice dial.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Per booyapre's suggestion I Doctored with the official Verizon Pre2 2.1 version found here and all is well with voice dial.
    And it is all up and working well on Sprint? So what is different about the Sprint FrankPre2 Verizon Meta Doctor Script then? This has me confused... Anyone have any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    It seems as though the OTA update fixed this Voice command issue. Works great now.