1.    #1  
    I've been unable to get CL to work on my Pre 2.

It keeps asking me to set up an account and when I tap that button, i get "Failed to set up account".

This is even before hooking up to my computer.

Anybody else having that problem?

Thankks,

mcgraw
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Mcgraw - Thanks for posting this.

Account management was remodeled in webOS 2.0 and 3.0. The first thing our software has to do is create the "CL USB Sync" Contact and Calendar accounts.

I would first check the device on what accounts are there for Contacts and Calendar. You should have a Palm Profile account for both. You may also have Google Accounts if you set up Google Sync.

An old version of CL USB Sync may be an issue, or a leftover account from a webOS 1.0 install. In either case, these can be cleaned by clearing CL USB Sync.

HP/Palm webOS How to delete CL USB Sync App from the Phone

You can install the latest update from the Palm Store or browse to this message on your Pre and click on this link: webOS link for CL USB Sync App

Here's a detailed setup guide.

Setup Guide - Sync webOS via USB - CompanionLink Knowledge Base

If this doesn't resolve the issue; you can reply back here or also contact CompanionLink Technical Support.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    www.companionlink.com
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clcto View Post
    Mcgraw - Thanks for posting this.

Account management was remodeled in webOS 2.0 and 3.0. The first thing our software has to do is create the "CL USB Sync" Contact and Calendar accounts.

I would first check the device on what accounts are there for Contacts and Calendar. You should have a Palm Profile account for both. You may also have Google Accounts if you set up Google Sync.

An old version of CL USB Sync may be an issue, or a leftover account from a webOS 1.0 install. In either case, these can be cleaned by clearing CL USB Sync.

HP/Palm webOS How to delete CL USB Sync App from the Phone

You can install the latest update from the Palm Store or browse to this message on your Pre and click on this link: webOS link for CL USB Sync App

Here's a detailed setup guide.

Setup Guide - Sync webOS via USB - CompanionLink Knowledge Base

If this doesn't resolve the issue; you can reply back here or also contact CompanionLink Technical Support.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    www.companionlink.com
    Wayland:

Thank you for your reply.

Removed and re-installed CLUSB on phone, hit "sync". So far, so good.

Set up Companionlink on my pc. Palm Pre/Direct USB sync/Microsoft Outlook

Hit "sync", see a too-quick-to-read series of words and a progress bar.

And no sync. All zeroes on lower left of window on pc for contacts, calendar, etc.

Build 5002.

Please advise.

mcgraw
    At last! A tool that lets me revive Palm Desktop, which is substantially better for the various tasks than just about anything that followed it to "replace" it.

Now my question: if I get the free one and synch, will it try to merge contact files? The contacts on the phone are certain to be slightly different from those on the Desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgraw21 View Post
    I've been unable to get CL to work on my Pre 2.

It keeps asking me to set up an account and when I tap that button, i get "Failed to set up account".
    I'm having this exact problem with my new Pre3....did you end up finding a solution? I suspect there are some corrupt files from when first installed it and then later removed it.
    Join date: 07/22/2003 (Going to hold on to my Pixi Pre 3 as long as I can!)