12/06/2011, 11:56 PM
So I just completed the hardware portion of the swap. All appears to have gone quite well. No clipped cables, etc. I follow the instructions for putting the device in recovery mode:
1. Plug it into the USB cable plugged into the wall
2. When the "No Battery" symbol comes on, hold the volume up button
3. While still holding the volume up button, insert the battery
4. Keep holding the volume up button until the Recovery / USB mode icon appears...
It never completes the fourth step and stays on the "No battery" icon.
- For reference, it is a brand new VZW Pre2, and I swapped in the comm board from a Sprint Pre-
- The Sprint Pre- was activated on the Sprint network, as required.
- I took it back apart three times and made sure all connections were good and that no ribbons were nicked in anyway.
- For kicks I tried it with two batteries, an original palm battery and an extended Seidio, neither had any luck.
- I attempted to clean the battery connections with an eraser, and I think they are fine.
I was hoping for some input from you all so I don't have to go to the emergency recovery stuff. Just reading that page made my stomach turn.
Any help is appreciated.