1.    #1  
    So after switching from Orange to 3 (in the UK) I have not been able to get my phone working. Here is what I have done.

Phone working fine on orange, as it has for the past 5 months. I put in a new 3 sim card after buying it in store. The phone turns on fine but shows "sos only" and boots directly to the home screen. I ran the webos docotor, with the 3 sim card in it hangs on select language screen. With the orange card it will get through this stage fine. I put phone into developer mode and the 3 card shows SOS only and zero bars, but with the orange card it works fine (full bars). I have tried putting the phone into 2G only mode and it had no effect. Still no bars and in SOS only mode.

I'm am not sure where to go from here...
    Try putting the new 3 sim card in another phone.
    I had the same problem, but embarrassingly it was due to the sim card being in backwards.

It took me about a week to figure that out. Do yourself a favour and try putting in the card the other way.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  4.    #4  
    Don't have a second phone at home, will try asking around tomorrow. Also I am pretty sure the sim card is in correctly (the cut off corner bit slots into the black triangle).