Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really hate to say it but my verizon pre+ is about to bite the dust

My only potion at this point might be the pre 2, and I'm sure it's going to be the last pre I'll be able to get my hands on

I don't want to go to another OS, but how does the pre 2 hold up over time?
    I've gotten over 2 years on my pre+
    The Pre2 has a far better build quality, so I think you would be very pleased.
    and its cheap on ebay, new, without contract. You will be surprised at how much better it is than the pre +

however we don't know if any webos device will be in 2 yrs if hp shuts off palm's servers.
    Last edited by MDsmartphone; 12/06/2011 at 12:06 AM.
  4.    #4  
    I sure wish HP would have waited just a little longer, like until the pre3's were actually out on verizon.. or a veer.. but I think I'm going to take what I can get
    verizon has the pre2 for 29.99 and I have a 50.00 incentive to renew
  5.    #5  
    how's the pre2 doing with the touchpad?
    better than the pre+?
    It's rockin. Build quality is sturdy. Like any smartphone, just don't drop it without a case onto concrete.

Although I just figured out that if you use an emulator and the keyboard as the joypad for button mashing with fingernails you can chip corners off the buttons.

...which I realized in hindsight explains what happened to the corner of one of the keys on the Pre- this Pre2 replaced. Too bad this time I wrecked two of the keys.

So anyway yeah. Just don't do that. Otherwise it's rockin.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    I really hate to say it but my verizon pre+ is about to bite the dust

My only potion at this point might be the pre 2, and I'm sure it's going to be the last pre I'll be able to get my hands on

I don't want to go to another OS, but how does the pre 2 hold up over time?
    I've gotten over 2 years on my pre+
    you mean ALMOST 2 years...the Pre+ came out on Verizon on Jan 25, 2010...I know, I have one!

I'm sorry yours is nearing it's last days. I'm thinkng of a Pre2 for my next phone.
    As everyone else has said, I was very surprised with how solid the Pre2 is compared to my plus. You won't be unhappy.

On a side note, I remember debating getting the Pre2 or waiting for the Pre3 on Verzion. Lol

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I switched recently to a VZW Pre 2 from a Pre + and I'm very happy. It's faster, better quality, and a more modern-feeling cell phone.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    you mean ALMOST 2 years...the Pre+ came out on Verizon on Jan 25, 2010...I know, I have one!

I'm sorry yours is nearing it's last days. I'm thinkng of a Pre2 for my next phone.
    yea I got mine a couple of days after the release, switching from a windows phone
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I switched when I was eligible for my free upgrade (my last 2 every 2 deal from VzW) and I'm loving it. I especially like the stacks feature.The build quality is great! I do notice that the screen gets a lot of finger prints and grease on but I am very picky about that.
  12.    #12  
    well it's here
    one of the things I love about my palm?
    went out to palm and it pulled down all my account settings and now it's automagically downloading my apps.. including my touchpad apps

now to start tweaking the hell out of it since you know preware was the first thing I installed
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I was going to check out If any webos fans are crazy enough to jump from Pre+ to Pre 2 given the massive uncertainty with webOS but I see that there are. We are an odd breed! I really don't want to go to android yet unless absolutely forced to and I think pre 2 could last me for a while. The price is ridiculously low compared to other smartphones. But I don't want to unlearn all the webos I've learned in the last 2 years.
    Got my Pre 2 when Verizon first offered it in Feb. Really happy with it. The slider and everything feels as solid as when I first got it. I carry it in my pockets with no case and there are no scratches on the screen. I have dropped it a few times, at least once on concrete and fell with it in my hand on the steps of the US Capitol. haha. I overclock it and just installed the F104 updated kernel and it runs great. Best kernel I have used.

My wife just got a IPhone 4S and except for the apps, I'm not tempted. I looked at all the phones at the Verizon store the other day, and I'm not interested. If I had to get a new phone, I would consider a used Pre 2, or maybe the Windows phone when the new one comes out in the spring. But still really happy with the Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Got my Pre 2 when Verizon first offered it in Feb. Really happy with it. The slider and everything feels as solid as when I first got it. I carry it in my pockets with no case and there are no scratches on the screen. I have dropped it a few times, at least once on concrete and fell with it in my hand on the steps of the US Capitol. haha. I overclock it and just installed the F104 updated kernel and it runs great. Best kernel I have used.

My wife just got a IPhone 4S and except for the apps, I'm not tempted. I looked at all the phones at the Verizon store the other day, and I'm not interested. If I had to get a new phone, I would consider a used Pre 2, or maybe the Windows phone when the new one comes out in the spring. Bu
    t still really happy with the Pre 2.
    if apps are important, carry around an ipod touch, use free tether on the pre2, and you're set.
    quite a combo.
    I would do the Pre2, especially if you dont have to FrankenPre it since you're on verizon. No regrets for me.
    I have a Verizon pre +, and now I bought a Verizon Pre2 from Amazon, and I'm wondering how long I can "save" it before I need to activate it. Can I just stick it in the drawer for a long time without worrying about it? I know this makes some of you shudder ;.0, but I may be able to resist the urge to activate, and I want to make sure I have a WebOS phone in years to come. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by fahzz View Post
    I have a Verizon pre +, and now I bought a Verizon Pre2 from Amazon, and I'm wondering how long I can "save" it before I need to activate it. Can I just stick it in the drawer for a long time without worrying about it? I know this makes some of you shudder ;.0, but I may be able to resist the urge to activate, and I want to make sure I have a WebOS phone in years to come. Thanks.
    Hmmm, good question. I would think you could store it away until you need it.

ET
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    What is this activation thing that I notice a lot of Americans talk about?

Is it that if you have a CDMA phone, you have to notify and get approval for the phone to be on a CDMA network?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    What is this activation thing that I notice a lot of Americans talk about?

Is it that if you have a CDMA phone, you have to notify and get approval for the phone to be on a CDMA network?
    It's a new spa treatment, it's an application of special blue algae infused mud with kelp protein and seaweed extract...it really cleanses the system and isn't bad on a spicy tuna sushi roll...

Actually, to use a carrier in the USA, especially Verizon I think, you have to have the phone 'activated' by the carrier to have permission to access their system/network.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast