1.    #1  
    hi all,

trying to switch to pre2 on sprint. Is it best to start with a AT&T pre2 or a Verizon Pre2?

Thanks.
    it doesnt matter. Both will work fine. REsearch the conversion wiki b/c it mentions that one model requires a swap of the whole board versus just the comm board. Or something like that.

Look at the SPrint Pre2 wiki

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I would get a verizon pre2 cause its easier to hook back up the gps wires.. plus its already CDMA... I could sell you mine its still a frankenPre2 but I just recently deactivated it but havent had to time to properly convert it to a verizon pre2. From my understanding tho is your gonna have to activate your comm board with sprint before you switch boards, unless that process has changed.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I used an AT&T Pre2 - There is no differnce. get the cheapest one off e-bay and run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    I would get a verizon pre2 cause its easier to hook back up the gps wires.. plus its already CDMA... I could sell you mine its still a frankenPre2 but I just recently deactivated it but havent had to time to properly convert it to a verizon pre2. From my understanding tho is your gonna have to activate your comm board with sprint before you switch boards, unless that process has changed.
    activate which "comm board" .. The spare sprint pre- ?? Or the verizon pre2?? Guess I am making it clear for everyone ( who's is unfamiliar) so they understand the process of making a "frankenpre"
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Verizon's comm board won't work with sprint so.... he needs to activate the sprint pre- comm board. I thought that was obvious as it's the thing that's swapped to make the phone work on sprint.