Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Consequence_9
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have a Pre+ with the free 5gb hotspot feature. Does the Pre2 on VZW offer the same deal? Looking for anyone with a Pre 2 that know...
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I went from a Pre Plus to a FrankenPre 2 and kept the hotspot. I was wondering about that myself if I went to a Pre 3.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I went from a Pre Plus to a FrankenPre 2 and kept the hotspot. I was wondering about that myself if I went to a Pre 3.
    I'm not sure what a frankenpre2 is....can someone respond that has a stock pre2 on VZW and has knowledge of the included hotspot application
    Quote Originally Posted by courtlandk View Post
    I'm not sure what a frankenpre2 is....can someone respond that has a stock pre2 on VZW and has knowledge of the included hotspot application
    The mobile hotspot app is NOT included. However, there is a Preware app (look it up of you don't know what that is) available that does the same thing. It's called Freetether.
    No.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    i had the free hotspot with my pixi but when i upgraded to pre2 they took it away. no matter, freetether works just fine. just download it from preware and continue on as before.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    No, the free hotspot thing is for Palm phones. The Pre+ is a Palm phone, where as the Pre2 is a HP phone, so they'll take it away.
    the pre2 is a palm phone, but the hotspot still costs $
    on verizon the free mobile hotspot was a promotional deal & as such it is unable to be grandfathered onto a pre 2. No worries though, freetether works stupendously. It has more options than the stock hotspot app (allows usb tethering) & there is no danger of verizon finding out & charging you (like the iphone). It has nothing to do with it being a palm/hp phone (in fact that statement is entirely false, the pre 2 is a palm phone). You may want to keep an eye on your data usage though, if you still have an unlimited data plan verizon won't charge you but will throttle your speeds for two biling cycles if you go over a certain amount (there are reports of this using as low as 2gb). If you want to check how much you've used dial #data & they'll send ur data usage info via text.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    The way it works is that the mobile hot spot is a different feature for each phone. To you It may just be mobile hot spot, but in Verizon's system every phone model has a different hot spot feature. So mobile hot spot for Pre+ is free, but mobile hot spot for pre2 or pre3 or iphone or whatever else is not.