Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1.    #1  
    Hi all, out of nowhere, I stopped receiving sms texts on my Sprint Frankenpre. Since it was sudden, I figured it was Sprint, not my Frankenpre. Sprint guided me through a process, I didn't keep close track with it, but it involved going to the dialpad, typing ##3282# and then a restore code, and then hit "Restore." Then I got ALL my texts back. But I noticed when I shut my phone, it didn't hang up, so whatever they did to restore the phone overrode at least one patch. So I went to Preware opened up Saved Package List, and Updated it, and did an Emergency Patch Recovery. So far, so good. Then I installed all the packages again, and sure enough, no more SMS text, so I did another EPR. Again, right away, the texts came back. I think the conflict is between Sprint's management of network services and certain patches (don't know which ones). Anybody else have this experience?
  2. mauro1's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #2  
    I have had a similar experience, but with the *SENDING* of SMS, not receiving them. I've had this happen a few times and after a few EPRs found that the patch that was making a difference was the Advanced Phone Preferences patch. I have never done a ##3282# routine, FWIW. Good luck.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  3. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #3  
    I really wish we could pinpoint this problem. Apparently im having this problem bothways and its very bothersome. I dont have any advanced patches to be causing this i think.
    Last edited by giggles; 11/27/2011 at 10:29 AM.

Posting Permissions