Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Not only do HP Maps keep disappearing, so do HP employees and management involved in WebOS/Enyo, as well as their customers...

RumoredNow likes this.
    Any idea of how to fix this problem for the Palm Pixi please?

Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Post 36 in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...se-read-2.html

For some, the fake OS update appears to reinstall GMaps but leaves Bing Maps in place. If you have both these folders (for sure in webOS 2.1)...

GMaps:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.maps
    Bing Maps:
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.maps/
    ...then this is probably the issue. The phone gets confused as both apps are called "Maps." Folks have been able to fix it by re-deleting the GMaps app folder then immediately rebooting. Proceed at your own risk!

From a command line on the Pre (novaterm, xterm, etc):
    Code:
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.maps
    then close and reboot.

A little dirty, but works and haven't seen better answer yet. Hope that helps.
    I'm posting quite late on this thread in hopes of helping someone while there's still time. I've been struggling with fixing the Maps app since a phone wipe of my panda Veer running 2.1.2. After the wipe, the old Google Maps (HP/Palm) app was back, but when opened simply told me to update to the new one, as you're all well aware, and going to the Maps app in the app catalog just gave me the familiar "tap to launch" button that doesn't work.

A check of my file system found that the app data for Google Maps was indeed where expected, but the Bing Maps app data didn't exist. After deleting Google Maps via Internalz, I still had no Bing Maps. Adding to my frustration, Google Maps would simply be reinstalled by the OS upon reboot anyway.

The fix: Since I also own a black Veer with webOS 2.2.4 on it, that has the nodeleteipk patch on it, it kept a copy of the Bing Maps installer files (the ipk). So I pulled that Bing ipk from the black phone, saved it to my computer, then used webOSQuickInstall to load Bing Maps on my panda Veer. Immediately thereafter (without a reboot) clicking on the "tap to launch" button opened Bing Maps. This survived reboot, too.

So... if you know someone with Bing Maps who has a saved copy of the ipk you may be able to fix it very quickly and easily without doctoring your phone.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    Preemptive,

I"m happy with having the 72ka Google Maps app, of course. I just can't stand having an app that doesn't work if I can do something about it, hence the quest for the solution. I would've hated it if the app catalog shut down and I hadn't resolved it.

Alex
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12