1.    #1  
    The nightly backup seems to restart my phone.. I don't recall this happening on my original pre. I tried disabling the backup and reenabling it. Same same. Is this normal for it to restart after the nightly backup?

Bill
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by obwielnls View Post
    The nightly backup seems to restart my phone.. I don't recall this happening on my original pre. I tried disabling the backup and reenabling it. Same same. Is this normal for it to restart after the nightly backup?

Bill
    I have had this happen now for the 3rd time on my Verizon Pre2 that is going on 3 years old. I was able to correct it by doctoring in the past, but it seems to come back months later. Seeing that there are so few updates and programs anymore, not much has been added to the phone for many months. It always happens around 430am and the phone becomes unresponsive for about 20-30 minutes which is when the daily backup should be happening. The phone eventually resets unless I press the power and switch the mute switch 3 times to restart. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks for the help.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    this has been happening on my VzW Pre2 for the last few days. I removed and reinstalled some patches and I removed the most recent app I had installed, I was looking at some posts from a couple of years ago and they were talking about memory leaks from applications. I'm not tech enough to be able to resolve that, but if I remove apps I don't want or need, I'm hoping this will help.

I just restarted my phone to see if that will help.
    That happened on my Pre+ with webOS 2.1.0 but hasn't happened on my Pre 3 with webOS 2.2.4 yet. No solution worked for my Pre+. I just accepted it. Figured as long as the backup actually completed that it didn't really matter to me.
    This also happened on my Pre +. Probably caused by corrupted data in the backup on the Palm servers side.

Possible solution:
    backup your phone with Save / Restore (available in Preware) and/or on your PC.
    Turn off automatic backup. Restart the phone, re-activate the automatic backup and then backup again.