1.    #1  
    I have been the happy owner of a Pixi Plus for the past 10 months. I overclocked it and have downloaded a pile of patches to enhance its functionality. It has been just fine for all of my needs.

Then yesterday I saw on the Verizon website that the Pre2 was available for $29.00 with contract. I love WebOS and have no IPhone or Droid envy so the idea of WebOS 2.1, a better camera and some of the other Pre2 qualities made up my mind to do the switch. I did give up the free mobile hot spot but that has not been a big asset for me.

Sooo...any experience similar to mine and are you happy with the switch?
    If the slightly different form factor doesn't bother you, I can't imagine the switch being anything but awesome.

The only downside I've noticed (went minus to a 2) is several of my old favorite patches can't or weren't updated for 2.1. Otherwise, the 2 rocks over the minus all day and I have to believe that's true for the Pixi, too. Enjoy, man!
    I have the pre2, and buttocks!
    Hmmn might be wiser to buy the Pre2 on ebay and not sign the contract for it as Pre2 prices are fairly cheap. That way if something happens, you have a choice of getting any subsidized phone from Verizon with signing the contract.
    WOW TIM whats with the **** comment ?? O_o roflol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I almost love my pre2 more then my pre3 but there is a nasty messaging bug ;(
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Hmmn might be wiser to buy the Pre2 on ebay and not sign the contract for it as Pre2 prices are fairly cheap.
    Yeah, that's actually a good call. They're down to about $120 or so, I do believe. Could have saved the upgrade if you had the extra Benji.

Did we just get threadmooned?
    yeah we got thread mooned by a mod no less !!! lol ha ha ha i would have saved up for the pre3 instead myself lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm actually waitting on a pre 2 for my dad. (He did the same thing as you almost) He had a pre+ and got the pre 2 for the 29.99. I'm waitting and hoping that between the 2 of us we can save up and get one of those pre 3's. If so we'll give my mom the pre 2. He'll get the pre 2 tomorrow so I'm excited. I'm a wp7 user just cause the whole hp lies and waitting game. I gave up waitting for the pre 3 and then they shot it in the head and dumped it's body in a warehouse. Only after months of having my htc trophy to find it stumble out not quite dead but still not living. So sad. But I personally think it's a good move. Who knows when or if webOS will come out with another phone so it's almost your best bet without spending $310-750(all ebay prices right now) for the pre 3.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    pre2 is awesome, better than the pre3 in some ways, at least from my experience. once you get it get freetether and your set. I probably would have gone the ebay route though just so I wouldn't stuck in a contract but if you have no desire for an Iphone or android then you should be able to stick it our for a couple of years then get one or the other unless several miracles happen and there is a new webos phone or phone's. now that is just pure crazy talk.