1.    #1  
    Everything was going fine on my conversion until I performed the webOS Doctor step. I was doing this on my Ubuntu 11.04 machine when I received a USB disconnect message during the doctor step and it asked to restart the doctor. I have been unable to reconnect the USB connection and the next button is greyed out. Putting the Pre2 in just charge mode doesn't make a difference. Novacom is working and was verified with the command line instruction. I can get into the phone via usb outside of the doctor and look at files on both my linux and windows PC's, but webOSQuickInstall does not see the device on either PC. I checked to see if webOSQuickInstall was running correctly and it is as it connects to my TouchPad. Per instructions I tried over ten times. I tried to get into the boot loader however that did not work. I got the battery symbol, but holding the up rocker while inserting the battery did not get the usb symbol, it just simply rebooted the phone. The rocker switch does work as I can raise and lower the volume once the phone boots up. I tried building the bootie program but forgot to change the device id for the pre2 and it did not see the device and now I can't fix the bootie program. Make clean does not seem to work and I keep getting "nothing to be done" when I try to recompile the program with the correct device id. The phone works as a cellphone and I have web access but text messaging only send garbage and does not receive, I do not have GPS and I cannot do a restore because I can't get webOSQuickInstall to work to load the Save/Restore program or Preware. I have wifi and bluetooth. Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Silly question, but you did put it back in devmode before trying WebOS Quickinstall right? I've had brain farts before and forgotten.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Silly question, but you did put it back in devmode before trying WebOS Quickinstall right? I've had brain farts before and forgotten.
    that was my first thought, If I had a nickel for every time I forgot to put my phone back in dev mode...well I'd have about a dollar twenty five
  4.    #4  
    Thank you, that was the problem. That was pretty dumb!